All member reviews for Elizabeth: The Golden Age

Talky, arty, intense sequel may not interest kids.

Adult Written byerincdunn April 9, 2008

WORTH THE WAIT

The movie was breathtaking, heartbreaking and unforgetable. I am so glad I took the day off of work to see the first showing. Thank you for making such an artistic film. Good luck at the Oscars.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybonesxprt13 April 9, 2008

consummate and flawless history tale with a storybook ending.

Take this movie and watch it. Some iffy parts when the maid to the queen Elopes. Some iffy messages when the council people are killing because of the religious difference. Overall, This is a good movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written bysascproductions April 9, 2008

Hale to the Queen

Cate Blanchett brings all the attributes that is demanded for such a role. She depicts power, influence, humour and vulnerability at the same time and excels as one of the year's best performances. The scenery, though overpowering at times, is an impeccable work of film craftmenship and will easily get an oscar nod! The film contains a brilliant all-star cast and phenomenal costume design.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShayiscool February 15, 2013

Good

good not bad!
Parent Written bySacko November 10, 2012

Time killer

It is a good movie but with severe scenes of war violence and romantic references but it may not actually interest kids.....
Parent Written bylivagiv January 21, 2012

Good Movie but scary

I watched this with my very mature 12-year-old. She understood most of the movie but the beginning is very confusing. She wouldn't watch the torture scenes and covered her eyes and the blood was a bit much for even me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byluvpink December 26, 2011

Portrays Time Period Well

Very violent. But does portray the time period well. I was disturbed by the violence and found myself always fast forwarding. Cate Blanchett does a very good job at portraying Queen Elizabeth.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydancingwithmyself April 9, 2008

Very well done artistic movie.

I thought that this movie was very well done and quite interesting. Elizabeth's character has so many twist and turns. The costumes were really cool and fancy. Every thing was very dramatic and deeply felt. Clive Owen was awesome as a pirate! I recommend this film to people who are over the age of 12 and who can handle a bit of blood. This movie has some confusing parts for younger people but it's really worth the time. It really helps middle school/high school students on their tests if they are currently studying England.
Kid, 8 years old April 9, 2008