All teen and kid member reviews for Elizabeth

Teen, 14 years old Written bydima April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old March 24, 2015

Seriously? This is a very mild film

Sex seemed to me to be milder than in Titanic, violence much less gruesome than most other 'M' movies. Great movie too, appropriate for sensible young teens.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAndy2000 September 8, 2014

A visceral renaissance drama

This is a brilliant movie! Mature 12 year olds can handle it. The only reason I rated it as iffy for 13 and younger was for its violence and sex, which I will mention later. Otherwise, it was an amazing movie. The historical facts are mostly correct. The settings are extremely detailed and large, indeed, awe-inspiring. The acting superb, especially from Cate Blanchett who (as another reviewer mentioned) seemed to be living out the experience of Elizabeth. The facial acting was amazing. The plot was interesting and engaging, if a bit over dramatic at times. Character development was limited, understandably, to the major characters. That should not be much of a complaint, though. The violence was intense - lots of blood and killing, though the battles are not shown until a camera sweeps over the bloody corpses. Depending on your kids you may or may not want to let the see that. In general 12+ have the stomach for it. If they've seen many war movies they should be okay with this. The other concern is that there are two graphic sex scenes. The first you here lots of noise until they're seen through a window and door. They are clothed. The other is with both characters naked, and you can see the full back of the man and the legs of the woman. The man is shown thrusting for several long seconds. Then the camera slides close beside the two, deliberately showing the woman's breast and nipple, breathing heavily. There is another scene in which the woman is topless aside from a see-through shirt. But otherwise it's great. Though there are heads on spikes and people burning at the stake and lots of blood and poison and slit throats. I know . . . it sounds bad but consider watching it.
Kid, 10 years old March 2, 2014
I had to stop watching this movie. It was not what I expected at all. It's inappropriate and has lots of violent scenes. But if you are at the age where you no longer have to keep your eyes innocent then it's fine
Teen, 16 years old Written bydark rose April 9, 2008

one of the best movies

i always ff the sexual content and the violence is not an issue for me. no swearing :-D i love this movie!!