All member reviews for Ella Enchanted

Endearing, enduring, with just a few bits of crude humor.

Parent of a 6 year old Written byahoffmann April 6, 2013

No sexy stuff? I beg to differ!!!

I'm not sure who rates these movies, but this movie has a zero rating for "sexy stuff" but Ella and the prince kiss MULTIPLE times...and not just a peck, but real kissing. I could have dealt with once, but it was at least three times or more. I think this at least deserves mentioning! My 7 year old girl doesn't need to be seeing that and had the ratings mentioned it, I wouldn't have chosen to watch the movie. There are also tons of screaming, boy crazy girls who swoon and chase after the prince every time they see him. They even kiss the ground where he walks and someone says, "stop tonguing the foyer, girls." Call me prude, but I just thought it was a little inappropriate for young girls, or at least those who are still innocent. The story was cute and we enjoyed it, I just wish this aspect would have been at least mentioned.
Kid, 12 years old March 16, 2010

TERRIBLE! WORST MOVIE EVER!

AAAUGH!!!!! this movie is terrible!especially if you loved the book.i don't see how the author of the book let them make that bad of a movie!I mean, the prince char fan club. Seriously.
Parent Written bymyab October 27, 2010

Not Like The Book, But Still A Good Movie

Quick note: we had not read the book when we watched this movie. If you do watch it, keep in mind that it is not going to be like the book. We initially watched this for my daughter, who was 6 at the time, but to my surprise my 9 year old son actually got caught up in the story, too. Nothing objectionable, really, though there are scary moments. There is violence, but nothing truly terrible. Good story, good acting, and nice to see a strong heroine overcoming her own "curse" to become who she wants and needs to be. Also a good story about tolerance of differences and how different people working together, each using their own strengths, can make a difference.
Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 August 21, 2009

A perfect movie for the whole family!

Giants, ogres, and even fairies! All of them are packed into this wonderful fairy-tale. And Anne Hathaway does a wonderful job as girl whose troubled with a spell her fairy god-mother cast on her when she was a baby.
Educator and Parent Written byForestTrailsHSC December 16, 2010

This movie is AWFUL. Skip the movie and read/listen to the book. The book is endearing and delightful; the movie has turned the story into an evil, despicable, inappropriate nightmare. I could not wait for it to be over.
Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008
Parent of a 9 year old Written byrobinpeggy April 9, 2008

watchable for parents

Visually interesting and with songs that seem selected to entertain the parents (Respect, Don't Go Breaking My Heart, etc.). One of the 5-year-olds with me got scared but after climbing into my lap watched and enjoyed the rest. Anne Hathaway, as in The Princess Diaries, is luminous and terrific.
Kid, 11 years old March 2, 2015

Well...

I love Anne Hathaway! But this movie could have done better. Bad special effects and boring. 10-Year-Old brother found it boring so I rated it an iffy 10. If you like slow movies about love and princesses and stuff. See this.
Teen, 13 years old Written bykeepclamandlovebooks November 20, 2013

ok i am good

i never watch it but i read the book and its nothing alike
Kid, 12 years old October 29, 2013

Ella Enchanted!

I think this is a really good movie though some things aren't good for young kids to see such as the kiss and romantic things and much more.But it ism a story that children will definitely enjoy.I hope you'll enjoy it as the best princess story ever!!!!!
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2013

Even Worse than Shrek the Third

I am kind of disappointed right now cause I kept seeing Ella Enchanted stills for the vids the YouTubers made when I searched for Enchanted Trailer on YouTube. The reason I give this review one star is because the infant version of Ella bawling after the movie logo. Don't watch this.
Kid, 10 years old November 20, 2011

It's great but different from the book

Teen, 16 years old Written byMacey08 November 18, 2010

Cute... :)

Nice love story. It's very cute and quirky. Ella is a strong character who speaks her mind even when she has a hard life. She is a great role model. No concerns really. But there are some sad bits and some violent scenes.... I loved it and can watch it over and over and over :)
Teen, 14 years old Written byNory Ryan October 17, 2010

ella enchanted

Dissapointing for people who have read the book.
Teen, 13 years old Written byaccessorizer101 December 28, 2009

Absolutely NOTHING like the book

ok so this is NOT the same ella, char, or any other character you might of read about in the book. Not the same plot either by faaarrr. i mean its good as a movie, but horrible compared to the book. Might as well say ella enchanted book, instead of ella enchanted. I wish they made a new movie for the real plot.
Kid, 11 years old August 11, 2009

Nothing like the book

NOTHING LIKE THE BOOK!!!!
Adult Written byDenni April 9, 2008

Okay movie...but what happened?

The movie was okay, don't get me wrong, but what happened? This is absolutely nothing like the book nor have the changes improved the original story. This film made a complete parody of the wonderful book by Gail Carson Levine and while it had some good moments, I felt utterly disapointed and completely let down. I've been looking forward to seeing this book on the screen but this in no way lived up to the literary work it is "based" on (and I use the term "based" *very* loosely). If you've never read the book, I'm sure you'll most likely enjoy it at least some, but if you're watching it for the book, here's a clue: don't.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCyla June 6, 2015

AMAZING

The movie was great and has a message that says you can overcome whatever is holding you back. I recommend the children -5 be accompanied by and adult there is kissing but not further than that. Overall beautiful movie!
Kid, 12 years old November 3, 2014