All member reviews for Elmo's Christmas Countdown

Star-studded holiday fun for the whole family.

Kid, 11 years old April 23, 2011

Love it!!!

Most educational show I have ever seen! I watch it every December when it is time to get ready for Christmas.
Adult Written byLowe's man November 17, 2013

fun for all

12/19/15 Now that I just bought the dvd and watched it very recently, I can update my review. It's even better than I remembered. It's all about cooperation, teamwork and working together toward a common goal. Seeing Elmo and Abby Cadabby always stick together is very touching. (But again Abby steals every scene she's in. She's just so darn cute! And very nice too. Even sweet.) The whole show is so well-written, and its pacing is neither too fast nor too slow- it's just right. And very sentimental too. It's so nice to see all the characters helping Elmo and Abby find all the boxes for the Christmas Counter-Downer. The best, most touching part is the scene that Elmo has alone with Alicia Keys. Viewers will think that they're the ones sitting next to Alicia Keys. The song at the end that Santa Claus sings with all the characters is great too. The set, while having the same looks as the normal Sesame Street set, has some differences, but that adds to the special's greatness. The set there is just like the set that will be found in the live shows at the Sesame Street play park in Philadelphia- a great set! (I would imagine that similar sets are used for the Sesame Street shows at Sea World and Busch Gardens.) This special's plot is simple enough for preschoolers to understand but sophisticated enough for adults to appreciate. A must-watch! If broadcast rights to Elmo's Christmas Countdown have not expired, let's see if we can convince PBS to bring it back.
Parent of a 2 year old Written byjuliet7 November 24, 2009
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

better for age 4 and up

i like it but some crashs can make litte kids sad