Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Enchanted

Adorable fairy tale is a fabulous family flick.

Adult Written byTimTheTVGuy January 24, 2013

Animation mixed with live-action? COOL.

This is a hilarious movie for the whole family.It is a great way to spend some time.It has good animation,nice acting,awesome action/adventure,cool romance,and hilarious jokes all around.I recommend Enchanted.
Adult Written bychristian-witness June 28, 2012

very disappointing

The romance has a few kisses, the violence is mild (though the climactic battle with a dragon at the end could scare some sensitive little ones).

Parent of a 7 and 11 year old Written byfastraxsg December 16, 2011

I wouldnt rewatch it

Its just fine...medeocre. Its not a movie I would want to watch over again or go buy. Just like any other princess movie.
Adult Written byBeckstar October 31, 2011

AWESOME FILM

A scene not mentioned up there is a SEXUAL TENSION scene, I'm not sure if kids will react to this.. Giselle puts her fingers on his bare chest (he's just wearing a ROBE! ) and he looks down at her hands touching his skin. He leans forward to kiss her, but walks away to his bed and pulls together his robe. It's obvious he wanted to kiss her, but he was thinking of his girlfriend and didn't. There is also a reference to sex I will mention later. Great film! I think it's appropriate for children! One scene not mentioned is when Giselle is getting her hair done and she talks to the little girl. The little girl says something like.."My Dad says men are only after ONE THING!" and Giselle (not familar with the human world) says "And what is that?". The little girl doesn't tell her as she doesn't know herself. Your child may ask what this is. Overall an 'enchanting' film with magic, songs and fantasy. I think it's beautiful! It's one of my favourite films and I've seen it countless times! Over and over again! One 'scary' scene not mentioned is when Giselle gets a sword and she goes onto the top of the tower to face the dragon. Robert falls and Giselle throws the sword at him (not to kill him, but to use the sword to catch onto this clothes and the pole to hold him up). At one point it looks as if it is going to slice his wrist, but it misses and catches the cuff of his shirt, which holds him onto the pole before he falls. The Dragon also falls to her death and explodes into glitter, which I thought was kinda funny. The evil lady also uses a sword which is scary for kids, but she doesn't hurt anyone. It's a comical film with just the right touch of romance! And yes, it does not have a good moral for children as Robert just leaves his girlfriend..nearly FIANCE! for Giselle in a very cruel way if you ask me and he also is deeply attracted to Giselle when she lives with him. It's strongly obvious he is attracted to her in various parts of the film. Also, Robert is a DIVORCE counsellor, which is a bit weird for a kids film. Slightly hypocritical as he left his girlfriend for a woman he knew for like 2-3 days?!

Adult Written byJacieDaize October 18, 2011

Not even good for adults

I don't even like it for adults. All I remember was there were definitely sexual parts in it.

Parent of a 6 year old Written by101davies April 15, 2011
Parent of a 4, 8, and 10 year old Written byRachelKoch November 12, 2010

almost all kids

My daughter first saw this when she was almost three and she watched it over and over. Put it in and I think even a baby would watch it.

Adult Written bySarah Grace August 12, 2010

Unclear ending

It was okay, pretty funny at some parts. The only issue was at the end it wasn't clear if Gisele and Robert were married or just living together. Not a very good message, especially for teenagers....

Parent of a 2, 4, and 6 year old Written byBrad T. March 6, 2010
Parent of a 4 year old Written bypinkhamvr January 30, 2010
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byarudek805 September 26, 2009

Parent of a 3 and 5 year old Written byCountryMom27 June 26, 2009

Ideal for tweens and older girls, great mom movie

Sweet, adorable movie best suited for older girls (8/9+) and parents. Typical Disney fairy-tale sort of thing, with lots of adult themes. Dempsey is the dashing handsome reluctant hero, and Adams is sugary sweet princess in need.

Adult Written bySettingXSail January 11, 2009
Parent Written byqtnn January 11, 2009
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byYBNormal January 7, 2009
Parent of a 11, 15, and 18+ year old Written byJulieKryger1970 January 5, 2009
Parent of a 5, 9, 11, and 14 year old Written byJamesRobertson January 4, 2009
Adult Written byxoabigirl December 28, 2008

Funny and Fun

This movie is great for a family to see together. Most younger boys would still enjoy it even though it is a cinderella type of movie.
Adult Written bysmylesg April 9, 2008