Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Enchanted

Adorable fairy tale is a fabulous family flick.

Parent of a 5 and 8 year old Written bylukestar April 9, 2008

I was Enchanted

Sweet, Fun & Funny Family film. I found myself grinning in the musical numbers.
Adult Written byJohnAmber4 April 9, 2008
Parent of a 10 year old Written bysetsie April 9, 2008

Singing roaches made my day

This princess story has a very good heart.
Adult Written byrosedb April 9, 2008

NICE!

this is a test
Adult Written byDisneyFan April 9, 2008
Adult Written byesskaff April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymelisinla April 9, 2008
Adult Written bywestburytf April 9, 2008

Awesome Movie!

This movie is wonderful. It has the typical cinderella type story line but involves a twist.
Adult Written byakhi28 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byChoconilla April 9, 2008

Great for kids AND parents

We loved this movie from beginning to end. It was interesting, kept your interest the whole time, enjoyable characters. It had enough plot for adults and enough fantasy and fun for the children. I would DEFENITELY recommend this to ALL. A very good uplifting, "I'm glad I came to the movies" kind of movie.
Adult Written byridergirl1993 April 9, 2008

The title says it all

I would take ANYBODY to go see this movie. It was as sweet and wholesome as you can get. Great for the whole family!
Adult Written bydkiss April 9, 2008

Loved it!!!

One of the few movies that my six-year-old son and I agreed to see twice. Loved the music and the allusions to past Disney classics. Amy Adams does a great job as a true to life Disney character. Would probably see it a couple more time, but will wait for it to come out on DVD.
Adult Written byI_likemovies April 9, 2008

The Whole Family Loved It

I and my (macho) husband and my two daughters (8 and 2.5) went to see this movie together. My husband laughed out loud several times! I was surprised to hear him chuckle like that, but the movie was really funny. The various elements of the film made it entertaining for our diverse little group; even the 2 year old was riveted to the screen. I give it two thumbs up!
Adult Written bydawnintahoe April 9, 2008

Very enchanting

I am a strick Christian parent with a high regard for what my children put in their brains. The story was well written. A concerns for my 5 year old was that she was quite frightened by the step mother (villian). So know your child and if they are frightened of scary characters you might want to rethink this movie. Also, after the movie went from cartoon to the real world, it becomes perilous and sad for the princess as she is lost and alone, my daughter told me she didn't like this movie and wanted to leave. We hung in there and she ended up enjoying it, especially the prince and the chipmonk who were two delightful and hilarious characters. My 9 year old loved it. The only questionable part was when the princess begins becoming attracted to the earthly man, and while he is in his bathrobe, she strokes his chest hair. You can tell she is hot for him. Also, he walks in on the princess in the bathroom while she is in the shower and although we can't see any nudity it is made known that he has seen her naked and his reaction is questionable. AFter all of this, he sits on his bed and apparently needs to cool down. Those were instances when I have to wonder "Whey did they have to put THAT in the movie?" All in all, a wonderful movie, well done and a treat for the whole family.
Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Cute and Charming Family Flick with Mild Content

ENCHANTED is the story of what happens when animated fairy tale and real-life NYC meet. One would expect it to be ugly, but Disney handles it with such wit and charm that makes it irresistable. The funniest and most amusing part of the film is Princess Giselle, played to hilarious brilliance by Amy Adams. When Giselle pops out into our world, she is shocked by modern faucets, electrical lights, and divorces. She handles the latter with charm and ends up bringing a troubled couple back together with her Princess views of love. Adams is made for this role, playing Giselle like a giddy, naive child, scared of the change but embracing and anticipating of the possibilities. There is some mild innuendo and suggestive humor. Robert, the hero, walks into the bathroom just as Giselle is stepping out of the shower (he, and the audience, see nothing, as birds enter with a towel for a timely covering). Also, during one part, a young child tells Giselle (no doubt mimicking what she's heard on the street or elsewhere) that when boys see girls with a lot of make-up on their minds are centered on one thing only. When Giselle asks what, the girl replies "I don't know. No one ever tells me". Positive behavior pervades the film discouraging things like giving up and divorcing, and encouraging repentance, commitment, and true love. Highly reccomended!
Adult Written byfletchy April 9, 2008

Expected corny but wonderful just the same!

It has all the Disney elements: romance, song, hokey-animal heroes and of course, a villain, a prince (not the obvious one) and a princess. It WAS rather corny (breaking out in song in Central Park), but it was so well-intentioned, it's easy to go right along with it. Even my husband enjoyed it and I thought, at the end, he was going to tell me how bad it was but he thought it was really cute. And for us Moms, it's so easy to watch Dr. McDreamy and Prince Edward!! LOL. Anyway, the audience actually clapped when it ended (and we just went to see it on Dec. 29--6 weeks after it opened). We'll probably be buying it on DVD when it comes out. Worth it!
Adult Written bymarinmama April 9, 2008

A kids movie that I loved, loved, loved

I haven't seen a kids movie in years that I really enjoyed - there are way to many movies just pumped out that appeal to kids (moderately), but are really awful for adults. This one rocked. I loved it like I loved Shrek the first time. Great flick.
Adult Written bytimswyf April 9, 2008

This Mom's New Favorite!

Way to go, Disney! Although I approach many of their movies cautiously, I was thrilled with this one! Not only did my 7 year old daughter love it, but my 13 and 15 year old sons enjoyed it! As well as my husband! I was a unsure how my daughter would handle the dragon. She tends to scare easily. But it never phased her. It was just scary enough to add the excitement. They incorporated every necessary element into this one. Comedy - all 5 of us laughed ourselves silly. Romance - dual happy endings without any hanky - panky to embarrass my sons. A villian who is evilly beautiful and just scary enough to make her fascinating. Yes, there are musical elements but they're done in such a fun and silly way! I personally came out of the theater with a new 2nd favorite movie. (nothing tops P & P) I highly recommend it to every one of every age! I can't wait to see it again!
Adult Written byrvrprop April 9, 2008

Enchanted was a thrill

Wonderful movie. It was funny throughout. It definitely pokes fun at Disney's fairy tale charaters but that' okay. The only problem was the evil queen who turns into a nasty purple dragon in the end. My 3 year old daughter had nightmares for two nights. My other two kids, ages 7 and 11 , loved it. I'de go see this one again. I recommend.
Adult Written bycyber_mom4 April 9, 2008

Great movie for kids and parents who grew up on Disney

There's not many movies that both my kids and I can enjoy together. This was funny, entertaining and had a good message.