Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Find entertainment that fits your kid's interests and your parenting style.

Go to For Your Family

Parent reviews for Enchanted

Adorable fairy tale is a fabulous family flick.

Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bycrisleem April 9, 2008

So goofy we loved it!

My husband and I took our girls ages 9 and 5. The girls and I loved it....what a dorky movie....just like we like them. And even my husband was caught in an open mouth laugh.
Adult Written byWaxphantom April 9, 2008

Family of 6 (with 4 sons) all loved it

Fantastic movie. Very creative, enjoyable, and funny. Good for adults and kids. It doesn't have the underlying innuendos that a lot of people think is necessary for adults to be entertained in family movies, yet it still remained both smart and child-like at the same time.
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byrobdado2 April 9, 2008

Almost perfect

My only issue for my 8 year old daughter was explaining "The only thing on Boys minds". I of course LIED. I observered a few VERY young people in the audience that were a little disturbed by the instensity of the ball room scene. These were also the first kids to applaude when the dragon fell to her doom.
Adult Written bygoldielocks April 9, 2008
Adult Written byDSnoeberger April 9, 2008

Great Family Movie

We took our two girls to see this on Thanksgiving. They are 6 and 9 Years old. They loved it and I think that my husband and I enjoyed it just as much!
Adult Written byduh itz lyss April 9, 2008

cute movie=D

I recently went to a theater near me to see the movie "Enchanted." I say the movie was a cute movie and was also funny. This is a great movie for younger children. No one above thirteen would honestly enjoy this flick.
Adult Written bymickey-fynn April 9, 2008

Good fun and laughs

Today I took my 9 year old son to see Enchanted. Half the theater was full, with children and adults. Many people in the theater including my son and I were laughing during many parts of the movie. There are some corny romantic scenes (which had people in the theater "oohing and aahing",) but I thought the movie was good clean fun. I would recommend it to for anyone 6+. I think many adults will enjoy it too. Especially those McDreamy fans! :-)
Adult Written bylavina4 April 9, 2008

Fun Movie!

This movie was delightful! Our 10yr. old and 4yr. old were in attendance and although the witch and dragon are a bit scary, the rest of the movie was great fun for all of us! It was humorous to see Disney tie in a good portion of their previous princess movies too.
Parent of a 7 and 13 year old Written bymimsmithfaro April 9, 2008

Enchanted by Enchanted

We sepnt out Thanksgiving afternoon watching this family treasure. I love how Disney poked fun at itself with a story that everyone in the family enjoyed. My 6yo son became a little bored at times but not enough that he didn't like it. In fact he stated it was the best movie he'd seen in a long time ;) My 12 year old daughter was as smitten as I was. The "showdown" includes some scenes which may be scary to sensitive youngsters. Overall it was a great choice for our family. Hope it is for your's too.
Adult Written bygk April 9, 2008

Delightful for both young and old

My 5 yr old loved the movie. More importantly I loved the movie and so did my husband. You will fall inlove with Giselle. She is the perfect fairytale princess brought into this crazy jaded world we now live in. I enjoyed her very much and hated to leave her behind.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bymnmwagoner April 9, 2008

Delightful and in good taste

My wife and I took our two girls, three and eight. All of us enjoyed it. It's a typical storybook romance with updated humor and issues that don't leave you wishing the kids "didn't hear that one." The actors are very suited for their characters and do a wonderful job of bringing a princess' story into todays reality of broken homes, separation, and divorce. At times I even wondered, "yeah why do people decide to leave each other instead of working it out?" I would watch it again.
Adult Written byRonsGirl April 9, 2008

A must see movie!

It truly isn't your everyday fairytale, but it's my new favorite!
Parent of a 9 year old Written byaherrmie April 9, 2008

Absolutely hysterical!

I LOVED this movie! I have not laughed this much at anything since I saw The Princess Bride for the first time. For me to even compare this movie to that classic, you know it has to be good. The acting, especially the two lead roles, is superb. I rated this movie 8-10 simply because while younger children would enjoy the movie, I think that most of the tongue-in-cheek humor would go right over their heads. There really is not much in the movie that is inappropriate. I will definitely buy this one on DVD.
Adult Written bynhono April 9, 2008

Lack of Judgement wighing good and bad

We took our 7 year old daugher to this movie and left before it was over. The movie has a cute idea, but dives into the deep end of social messages for kids. The idea of "true love" is destroyed as Giselle actually debates her love for Edward and if she should be with another who comes along. The social message is "if you can't be with the one you love then love the one you are with (at the time)." This is not a good movie for children with values and morals and I would not recommend.
Adult Written byJmsgirl April 9, 2008

I fell in love all over again!

I loved this movie. I took my 6 year old niece and my sister-in-law to see it, and we all liked it very much. I think what we really liked, was all the references to the other Disney princess movies. It was fun trying to figure out which scenes were like which movie. I think that this movie had the perfect amount of comedy, action, music and romance. I also liked that the storyline had a character that always saw the best in life, someone who always believed in good things. And who kept insisting that dreams can come true, if you really believe that it can happen. All in all this is a great movie. I would definitely go see it again!
Parent of a 7 year old Written bylambfamily April 9, 2008

Shockingly Good!

I took my daughter (7yrs) and niece (6yrs) to see the movie. We all really enjoyed the movie. It was funny, original and safe viewing for the whole family. Of course, the dead or absentee mom and evil step-mom are present but this Disney movie lacked the adult innuendos in all the current movies.
Adult Written byscotts April 9, 2008

Good Stuff!

Although I found that a few scenes of peril made this one a little on the intense side for my 5 year old, I would highly recommend it for any kids 8 and up. Enchanted is charming in script, acting, directing, choreography, theme, etc. Kids and grown-ups will enjoy the clever humor and touching love story. This will be one for the family video collection.
Adult Written bywilsons1998 April 9, 2008

Fun, Fun Fun!

This was a great movie for fairy tale lovers. It was a spoof off of all kinds of fairy tales, especially Disney ones. My 6 year old son loved the movie (girls would probably like it even more), especially the antics of Pip the chipmunk, and the over-the-top prince. Besides being really funny (we laughed througout the whole thing), it was a really sweet love story that taught that the best relationships are built on a combination of reality and a bit of fantasy. Everyone needs a bit of true romance every once and a while, but we also have to live real life!
Parent of a 1, 4, 6, and 8 year old Written byduquoi April 9, 2008

Enjoyed by "Thanksgiving Cousins" aged 3yrs (girl) to 11yrs (boy)

I rarely think about buying a movie after seeing it in the theaters but this one might just make it into our Christmas shopping list!