Kid reviews for Enchanted

Adorable fairy tale is a fabulous family flick.

Teen, 14 years old Written byTrinity507 May 17, 2009

Fun

Lots of fun, but painfully sweet in the beginning, teens be warned! I was gagging into my hand for the first fifteen minutes, which is precisely the point. It was a little overwrought and the character of Giselle was painfully embarrassing (again, precisely the point). Despite the fact that I am not a fan of Patrick Dempsey, I really enjoyed Giselle's performance. (Didn't that actress get an Oscar nomination this year?) All in all, probably not going to be enjoyed by the teen crowd, but fun all the same. My little brother and sister were a little frightened by the dragon, but the (mild) innuendo went over their heads.

Teen, 15 years old Written byJoey123 November 7, 2008

Great Movie!!!...

This was a great movie for any happy-go-lucky fairy-tale lover!
Teen, 15 years old Written bymonkeyonatable April 9, 2008

Im a 15 year old guy, and I loved it.

It is amazing. It is the first movie geard twards younger folks that I actualy liked. There is one part whare it shows the main charater get out of the showere, but perfict cencership all the way through. I loved it.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykatienana1006 April 9, 2008
Teen, 17 years old Written bynduns April 9, 2008

I was pleasantly surprised

After seeing the commercials for this, I didn't see much in it, but the positive reviews gave me a reason, and I have to admit, anyone who gave this a positive review had the right idea. This movie not only succeeds at what it was trying to do, but ends with a very unexpected twist. I'll admit, the way they took down the queen seemed rushed and uninspired, but everything else was great. The first 10 minutes will seem like a typical Disney film, but then it goes to the real world and it's just so funny from then on in, not that the animated scenes weren't funny. I laughed during those because the whole premise was just one big satirical cliche making fun of Disney's musicals. This is a must-see.

I thought that is was the cutest movie ever!!!

I love this move. recomend it for children under the age of 9 to see it they will fall in love with this movie. -lovcandy906 if u share the same opinion talk to me on AIM.(lovcandy906)
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

Magical

I loved it. There were a lot of funny scenes. I want to go see it again.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

I Thought That it Was funny!

I think that it is for ages 4 and +. The Evil Queen is a little too Evil for my taste,But it was still a spectacular movie! My favorite part of the movie was when the Prince Edward stabed A bus!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byxffanatic04 April 9, 2008
This movie was cute and funny. I love the song "thats how u know".
Teen, 16 years old Written byquaycomputer April 9, 2008

great movie, but should be rerated

overall, the movie is fun and entertaining. I'm sure your kids will love this movie. However, the female outfit should be redesign - too much skins and cleavage are shown. There is one scene which you can slightly see the character's nipple (as she dressed without bra and I'm not telling you what scene that is) for about 6 sec. Even my sister said "ewe" to that scene and her dress. Anyway, just a little flaw, great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymissmert1 April 9, 2008

Awesome for both parents and kids!!!! ;)

I thought "Enchanted" was a Disney masterpiece. I usually don't like foofy-la-la movies, but this isn't one of those. Amy Adams was a totally innocent Giselle, and James Marsden (my hero!!!) was a daring Prince. Any sexual innuendo would go over children's heads, so I wouldn't worry about that. Giselle almost drinks an apple martini, but I wouldn't worry about that either. If you pay attention to details, you will notice they are purposefully similar to other Disney movies (i.e. Narissa turning into a dragon from "Sleeping Beauty") It's a great movie all around!!!
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

What a great movie

We usually see a movie with our kids on Valentines Day night (6yo boy & 8yo girl). We really weren't sure if there were any good/appropriate movies to see this year (not a great year so far for kids), but read the reviews for "Enchanted" on this website and decided to see it. What a great movie this was. My husband and I liked it, as well as our son. Halfway through, our daughter asked if we could "own this one":-) The sexual innuendos were soooo mild, I don't know if I would have even noticed them had it not been for some of the other reviews I read here. I thought this was great and we will being buying it on DVD when it's released.
Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

Good movie...

A good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLaChaton April 9, 2008

Alright for young children, but a definite turn off for me

To tell you the truth, I only went to see this movie because of Patrick Dempsey, so I didn't have high expectations to begin with. The biggining, though probably appealing to toddlers, bored me half to death. It was about ten minutes of singing and poor animation, but once they got to New York things got better. Throughout the entire thing I found many holes in the plot, and annoying aspects, but it wasn't bad. By the end though, I found myself one again regretting it. The story goes completely off-track during the climax, and ends ridiculously and painfully predictably. Plus, all the stereotypical princess stuff would have made me gag even when I was five. It depends on the child but I don't really suggest you waste your money on it, even for the (amazing) Patrick Dempsey. I can't forsee this becoming any kind of classic in the years to come.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

A great film for the family

This movie really is funny and will bring the whole family together. It's the best fariy tale movie i've ever seen. one issue to worry about is the climaxe. It has a big dragon and people in peril. This might scare youngsters. Besides that this is a fantastic film that the whole family wiil enjoy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydolphindreamer April 9, 2008

One of the Best Fairy Tales!

I thought this was a very sweet movie. Definetly safe to watch as a family! A must see for everyone.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

Awesome!!!!!

This was the BEST movey I have seen in my life! I would say kids 6+ should watch it! could write a whole school reporrt as homwork and id love that homwork! I think you should watch it -- so watch it or els!

There's a reason why this film is called "Enchanted"...

At first, I did not want to see this movie; but, after many recommendations from adults and kids alike, I was dragged to see this with my mom and sister. And actually, I was quite surprised. This film is very VERY cute, and I rather enjoyed it. All the acting was phenomenal, especially Amy Adams, who's Princess Giselle is totally innocent, and her adventures are quite hilarious to watch on film. A great family movie overall; go see it if you have nothing to do on a Friday night with the kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydarrenc95 April 9, 2008

One-of-a-kind movie for the whole family to enjoy!

The premise sounds like a typical Disney movie: girl becomes a fish out of water, falls in love, talking animals, yada yada. But Disney takes it up a notch and spices it up with originality and with this film, they're not afraid to parody themselves, which made me constantly think, "Was this their response to Shrek?" But even if it was, it's as great quality as Shrek, maybe even better. The animation is superb, and the acting was great (especially Amy Adams as Giselle and Susan Surandon as Narissa). Some scenes may be a bit scary for kids under 7, such as Narissa turning into a dragon in an attempt to kill Giselle. Some innuendo may make parents blush, but it's stuff that will zoom over the heads of kids (during most of the naughty jokes, I as a mature child and the adults in the theatre were the only ones to laugh). Alcohol use is minor - Giselle almost drinks an apple martini. It's New York, so if you want to keep your kids sheltered from commercialism, this may not be a good choice for your family. This is a wonderful film, possibly the best of 2007 so far, and perfectly fine for kids 5 and older.