All member reviews for Enchanted

Teen, 13 years old Written byxffanatic04 April 9, 2008

This movie was cute and funny. I love the song "thats how u know".
Teen, 16 years old Written byquaycomputer April 9, 2008

great movie, but should be rerated

overall, the movie is fun and entertaining. I'm sure your kids will love this movie. However, the female outfit should be redesign - too much skins and cleavage are shown. There is one scene which you can slightly see the character's nipple (as she dressed without bra and I'm not telling you what scene that is) for about 6 sec. Even my sister said "ewe" to that scene and her dress. Anyway, just a little flaw, great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymissmert1 April 9, 2008

Awesome for both parents and kids!!!! ;)

I thought "Enchanted" was a Disney masterpiece. I usually don't like foofy-la-la movies, but this isn't one of those. Amy Adams was a totally innocent Giselle, and James Marsden (my hero!!!) was a daring Prince. Any sexual innuendo would go over children's heads, so I wouldn't worry about that. Giselle almost drinks an apple martini, but I wouldn't worry about that either. If you pay attention to details, you will notice they are purposefully similar to other Disney movies (i.e. Narissa turning into a dragon from "Sleeping Beauty") It's a great movie all around!!!
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

What a great movie

We usually see a movie with our kids on Valentines Day night (6yo boy & 8yo girl). We really weren't sure if there were any good/appropriate movies to see this year (not a great year so far for kids), but read the reviews for "Enchanted" on this website and decided to see it. What a great movie this was. My husband and I liked it, as well as our son. Halfway through, our daughter asked if we could "own this one":-) The sexual innuendos were soooo mild, I don't know if I would have even noticed them had it not been for some of the other reviews I read here. I thought this was great and we will being buying it on DVD when it's released.
Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

Good movie...

A good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLaChaton April 9, 2008

Alright for young children, but a definite turn off for me

To tell you the truth, I only went to see this movie because of Patrick Dempsey, so I didn't have high expectations to begin with. The biggining, though probably appealing to toddlers, bored me half to death. It was about ten minutes of singing and poor animation, but once they got to New York things got better. Throughout the entire thing I found many holes in the plot, and annoying aspects, but it wasn't bad. By the end though, I found myself one again regretting it. The story goes completely off-track during the climax, and ends ridiculously and painfully predictably. Plus, all the stereotypical princess stuff would have made me gag even when I was five. It depends on the child but I don't really suggest you waste your money on it, even for the (amazing) Patrick Dempsey. I can't forsee this becoming any kind of classic in the years to come.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

A great film for the family

This movie really is funny and will bring the whole family together. It's the best fariy tale movie i've ever seen. one issue to worry about is the climaxe. It has a big dragon and people in peril. This might scare youngsters. Besides that this is a fantastic film that the whole family wiil enjoy.
Teen, 14 years old Written bydolphindreamer April 9, 2008

One of the Best Fairy Tales!

I thought this was a very sweet movie. Definetly safe to watch as a family! A must see for everyone.

There's a reason why this film is called "Enchanted"...

At first, I did not want to see this movie; but, after many recommendations from adults and kids alike, I was dragged to see this with my mom and sister. And actually, I was quite surprised. This film is very VERY cute, and I rather enjoyed it. All the acting was phenomenal, especially Amy Adams, who's Princess Giselle is totally innocent, and her adventures are quite hilarious to watch on film. A great family movie overall; go see it if you have nothing to do on a Friday night with the kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydarrenc95 April 9, 2008

One-of-a-kind movie for the whole family to enjoy!

The premise sounds like a typical Disney movie: girl becomes a fish out of water, falls in love, talking animals, yada yada. But Disney takes it up a notch and spices it up with originality and with this film, they're not afraid to parody themselves, which made me constantly think, "Was this their response to Shrek?" But even if it was, it's as great quality as Shrek, maybe even better. The animation is superb, and the acting was great (especially Amy Adams as Giselle and Susan Surandon as Narissa). Some scenes may be a bit scary for kids under 7, such as Narissa turning into a dragon in an attempt to kill Giselle. Some innuendo may make parents blush, but it's stuff that will zoom over the heads of kids (during most of the naughty jokes, I as a mature child and the adults in the theatre were the only ones to laugh). Alcohol use is minor - Giselle almost drinks an apple martini. It's New York, so if you want to keep your kids sheltered from commercialism, this may not be a good choice for your family. This is a wonderful film, possibly the best of 2007 so far, and perfectly fine for kids 5 and older.

funny

it was very good. im 12 an d i still enjoyed it. there are many freakin hilarious parts. takes your kids they will love it. my sister liked and so did my whole family. it is wasy better than that magoriums thing.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysoluxe April 9, 2008

Cute movie for young girls

Watched it last week, and it was a typical Disney plot. It's a cute movie but a too cheesy to watch at my age. It'd be great to watch with your family though.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovemovies1441 April 9, 2008

ENCHANTED!!!!!

This movie was one of the best fairytales i've ever seen!!!!!! A mix of all disney's greatest classics, a great movie that keeps you entertained from the begining to end and just makes you happy!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

A twist on all princesse movies!

I saw this movie with my mom. It was awseome!! I want to see it again with my friends. Age rate:6+
Teen, 17 years old Written bymiss_jaime April 9, 2008

Great movie!

Everything about this movie was great!
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovemovies5 April 9, 2008

Magical

This movie was amazing I honestly don't know anyone that didn't fall in love with it, all ages. And i personally think Giselle was a awesome role model she wasn't stupid she was just new in a world she had never been to before. She was posotive and always happy and showed eveyone that life is to short to waste it complaing. Which i think we should all be like!!!

It was OK

I think Giselle was an awful role model. She is kind of stupid, and she really emphasizes the whole "wait for your prince to rescue you" thing. The prince is extremely conceited, which can be funny at times but he gets annoying. If you like this kind of thing, watch it but I don't think it was that good.

Teen, 13 years old Written bytwirlgirl April 9, 2008

Teen, 14 years old Written bywhenchiknsattack April 9, 2008

MUCH better than I expected!

I heard that this movie was dumb, not funny, and a waste of time. Of course, I went to see it anyway; and I'm really glad I did! Now it's one of my favorite movies! I'm 15, and I love this because it's funny for me to watch, but my little brother and sister could watch with me! There were some really funny jokes, and the only thing I didn't like was that they went on and on about true love's kiss. I think they overdid that part in the beginning, but that's to be expected. It was great!