All member reviews for Enchanted

Adorable fairy tale is a fabulous family flick.

Adult Written byesskaff April 9, 2008
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

I loved it. There were a lot of funny scenes. I want to go see it again.
Kid, 7 years old April 9, 2008

I Thought That it Was funny!

I think that it is for ages 4 and +. The Evil Queen is a little too Evil for my taste,But it was still a spectacular movie! My favorite part of the movie was when the Prince Edward stabed A bus!!!
Adult Written bymelisinla April 9, 2008
Adult Written bywestburytf April 9, 2008

Awesome Movie!

This movie is wonderful. It has the typical cinderella type story line but involves a twist.
Adult Written byakhi28 April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byxffanatic04 April 9, 2008
This movie was cute and funny. I love the song "thats how u know".
Adult Written byChoconilla April 9, 2008

Great for kids AND parents

We loved this movie from beginning to end. It was interesting, kept your interest the whole time, enjoyable characters. It had enough plot for adults and enough fantasy and fun for the children. I would DEFENITELY recommend this to ALL. A very good uplifting, "I'm glad I came to the movies" kind of movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byquaycomputer April 9, 2008

great movie, but should be rerated

overall, the movie is fun and entertaining. I'm sure your kids will love this movie. However, the female outfit should be redesign - too much skins and cleavage are shown. There is one scene which you can slightly see the character's nipple (as she dressed without bra and I'm not telling you what scene that is) for about 6 sec. Even my sister said "ewe" to that scene and her dress. Anyway, just a little flaw, great movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymissmert1 April 9, 2008

Awesome for both parents and kids!!!! ;)

I thought "Enchanted" was a Disney masterpiece. I usually don't like foofy-la-la movies, but this isn't one of those. Amy Adams was a totally innocent Giselle, and James Marsden (my hero!!!) was a daring Prince. Any sexual innuendo would go over children's heads, so I wouldn't worry about that. Giselle almost drinks an apple martini, but I wouldn't worry about that either. If you pay attention to details, you will notice they are purposefully similar to other Disney movies (i.e. Narissa turning into a dragon from "Sleeping Beauty") It's a great movie all around!!!
Kid, 6 years old April 9, 2008

What a great movie

We usually see a movie with our kids on Valentines Day night (6yo boy & 8yo girl). We really weren't sure if there were any good/appropriate movies to see this year (not a great year so far for kids), but read the reviews for "Enchanted" on this website and decided to see it. What a great movie this was. My husband and I liked it, as well as our son. Halfway through, our daughter asked if we could "own this one":-) The sexual innuendos were soooo mild, I don't know if I would have even noticed them had it not been for some of the other reviews I read here. I thought this was great and we will being buying it on DVD when it's released.
Teen, 13 years old Written byschuymarch1 April 9, 2008

Good movie...

A good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byLaChaton April 9, 2008

Alright for young children, but a definite turn off for me

To tell you the truth, I only went to see this movie because of Patrick Dempsey, so I didn't have high expectations to begin with. The biggining, though probably appealing to toddlers, bored me half to death. It was about ten minutes of singing and poor animation, but once they got to New York things got better. Throughout the entire thing I found many holes in the plot, and annoying aspects, but it wasn't bad. By the end though, I found myself one again regretting it. The story goes completely off-track during the climax, and ends ridiculously and painfully predictably. Plus, all the stereotypical princess stuff would have made me gag even when I was five. It depends on the child but I don't really suggest you waste your money on it, even for the (amazing) Patrick Dempsey. I can't forsee this becoming any kind of classic in the years to come.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

A great film for the family

This movie really is funny and will bring the whole family together. It's the best fariy tale movie i've ever seen. one issue to worry about is the climaxe. It has a big dragon and people in peril. This might scare youngsters. Besides that this is a fantastic film that the whole family wiil enjoy.
Adult Written byI_likemovies April 9, 2008

The Whole Family Loved It

I and my (macho) husband and my two daughters (8 and 2.5) went to see this movie together. My husband laughed out loud several times! I was surprised to hear him chuckle like that, but the movie was really funny. The various elements of the film made it entertaining for our diverse little group; even the 2 year old was riveted to the screen. I give it two thumbs up!
Teen, 14 years old Written bydolphindreamer April 9, 2008

One of the Best Fairy Tales!

I thought this was a very sweet movie. Definetly safe to watch as a family! A must see for everyone.
Adult Written bydawnintahoe April 9, 2008

Very enchanting

I am a strick Christian parent with a high regard for what my children put in their brains. The story was well written. A concerns for my 5 year old was that she was quite frightened by the step mother (villian). So know your child and if they are frightened of scary characters you might want to rethink this movie. Also, after the movie went from cartoon to the real world, it becomes perilous and sad for the princess as she is lost and alone, my daughter told me she didn't like this movie and wanted to leave. We hung in there and she ended up enjoying it, especially the prince and the chipmonk who were two delightful and hilarious characters. My 9 year old loved it. The only questionable part was when the princess begins becoming attracted to the earthly man, and while he is in his bathrobe, she strokes his chest hair. You can tell she is hot for him. Also, he walks in on the princess in the bathroom while she is in the shower and although we can't see any nudity it is made known that he has seen her naked and his reaction is questionable. AFter all of this, he sits on his bed and apparently needs to cool down. Those were instances when I have to wonder "Whey did they have to put THAT in the movie?" All in all, a wonderful movie, well done and a treat for the whole family.
Adult Written byfletchy April 9, 2008

Expected corny but wonderful just the same!

It has all the Disney elements: romance, song, hokey-animal heroes and of course, a villain, a prince (not the obvious one) and a princess. It WAS rather corny (breaking out in song in Central Park), but it was so well-intentioned, it's easy to go right along with it. Even my husband enjoyed it and I thought, at the end, he was going to tell me how bad it was but he thought it was really cute. And for us Moms, it's so easy to watch Dr. McDreamy and Prince Edward!! LOL. Anyway, the audience actually clapped when it ended (and we just went to see it on Dec. 29--6 weeks after it opened). We'll probably be buying it on DVD when it comes out. Worth it!
Adult Written bymarinmama April 9, 2008

A kids movie that I loved, loved, loved

I haven't seen a kids movie in years that I really enjoyed - there are way to many movies just pumped out that appeal to kids (moderately), but are really awful for adults. This one rocked. I loved it like I loved Shrek the first time. Great flick.
Adult Written bytimswyf April 9, 2008

This Mom's New Favorite!

Way to go, Disney! Although I approach many of their movies cautiously, I was thrilled with this one! Not only did my 7 year old daughter love it, but my 13 and 15 year old sons enjoyed it! As well as my husband! I was a unsure how my daughter would handle the dragon. She tends to scare easily. But it never phased her. It was just scary enough to add the excitement. They incorporated every necessary element into this one. Comedy - all 5 of us laughed ourselves silly. Romance - dual happy endings without any hanky - panky to embarrass my sons. A villian who is evilly beautiful and just scary enough to make her fascinating. Yes, there are musical elements but they're done in such a fun and silly way! I personally came out of the theater with a new 2nd favorite movie. (nothing tops P & P) I highly recommend it to every one of every age! I can't wait to see it again!