All member reviews for Enchanted

Adorable fairy tale is a fabulous family flick.

There's a reason why this film is called "Enchanted"...

At first, I did not want to see this movie; but, after many recommendations from adults and kids alike, I was dragged to see this with my mom and sister. And actually, I was quite surprised. This film is very VERY cute, and I rather enjoyed it. All the acting was phenomenal, especially Amy Adams, who's Princess Giselle is totally innocent, and her adventures are quite hilarious to watch on film. A great family movie overall; go see it if you have nothing to do on a Friday night with the kids.
Teen, 13 years old Written bydarrenc95 April 9, 2008

One-of-a-kind movie for the whole family to enjoy!

The premise sounds like a typical Disney movie: girl becomes a fish out of water, falls in love, talking animals, yada yada. But Disney takes it up a notch and spices it up with originality and with this film, they're not afraid to parody themselves, which made me constantly think, "Was this their response to Shrek?" But even if it was, it's as great quality as Shrek, maybe even better. The animation is superb, and the acting was great (especially Amy Adams as Giselle and Susan Surandon as Narissa). Some scenes may be a bit scary for kids under 7, such as Narissa turning into a dragon in an attempt to kill Giselle. Some innuendo may make parents blush, but it's stuff that will zoom over the heads of kids (during most of the naughty jokes, I as a mature child and the adults in the theatre were the only ones to laugh). Alcohol use is minor - Giselle almost drinks an apple martini. It's New York, so if you want to keep your kids sheltered from commercialism, this may not be a good choice for your family. This is a wonderful film, possibly the best of 2007 so far, and perfectly fine for kids 5 and older.
Adult Written byrvrprop April 9, 2008

Enchanted was a thrill

Wonderful movie. It was funny throughout. It definitely pokes fun at Disney's fairy tale charaters but that' okay. The only problem was the evil queen who turns into a nasty purple dragon in the end. My 3 year old daughter had nightmares for two nights. My other two kids, ages 7 and 11 , loved it. I'de go see this one again. I recommend.
Adult Written bycyber_mom4 April 9, 2008

Great movie for kids and parents who grew up on Disney

There's not many movies that both my kids and I can enjoy together. This was funny, entertaining and had a good message.
Parent of a 6 and 9 year old Written bycrisleem April 9, 2008

So goofy we loved it!

My husband and I took our girls ages 9 and 5. The girls and I loved it....what a dorky movie....just like we like them. And even my husband was caught in an open mouth laugh.

it was very good. im 12 an d i still enjoyed it. there are many freakin hilarious parts. takes your kids they will love it. my sister liked and so did my whole family. it is wasy better than that magoriums thing.
Adult Written byWaxphantom April 9, 2008

Family of 6 (with 4 sons) all loved it

Fantastic movie. Very creative, enjoyable, and funny. Good for adults and kids. It doesn't have the underlying innuendos that a lot of people think is necessary for adults to be entertained in family movies, yet it still remained both smart and child-like at the same time.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysoluxe April 9, 2008

Cute movie for young girls

Watched it last week, and it was a typical Disney plot. It's a cute movie but a too cheesy to watch at my age. It'd be great to watch with your family though.
Adult Written byG3 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byrobdado2 April 9, 2008

Almost perfect

My only issue for my 8 year old daughter was explaining "The only thing on Boys minds". I of course LIED. I observered a few VERY young people in the audience that were a little disturbed by the instensity of the ball room scene. These were also the first kids to applaude when the dragon fell to her doom.
Adult Written bygoldielocks April 9, 2008
Adult Written byDSnoeberger April 9, 2008

Great Family Movie

We took our two girls to see this on Thanksgiving. They are 6 and 9 Years old. They loved it and I think that my husband and I enjoyed it just as much!
Adult Written byduh itz lyss April 9, 2008

cute movie=D

I recently went to a theater near me to see the movie "Enchanted." I say the movie was a cute movie and was also funny. This is a great movie for younger children. No one above thirteen would honestly enjoy this flick.
Adult Written bymickey-fynn April 9, 2008

Good fun and laughs

Today I took my 9 year old son to see Enchanted. Half the theater was full, with children and adults. Many people in the theater including my son and I were laughing during many parts of the movie. There are some corny romantic scenes (which had people in the theater "oohing and aahing",) but I thought the movie was good clean fun. I would recommend it to for anyone 6+. I think many adults will enjoy it too. Especially those McDreamy fans! :-)
Adult Written bylavina4 April 9, 2008

Fun Movie!

This movie was delightful! Our 10yr. old and 4yr. old were in attendance and although the witch and dragon are a bit scary, the rest of the movie was great fun for all of us! It was humorous to see Disney tie in a good portion of their previous princess movies too.
Parent of a 7 and 13 year old Written bymimsmithfaro April 9, 2008

Enchanted by Enchanted

We sepnt out Thanksgiving afternoon watching this family treasure. I love how Disney poked fun at itself with a story that everyone in the family enjoyed. My 6yo son became a little bored at times but not enough that he didn't like it. In fact he stated it was the best movie he'd seen in a long time ;) My 12 year old daughter was as smitten as I was. The "showdown" includes some scenes which may be scary to sensitive youngsters. Overall it was a great choice for our family. Hope it is for your's too.
Teen, 15 years old Written byilovemovies1441 April 9, 2008

This movie was one of the best fairytales i've ever seen!!!!!! A mix of all disney's greatest classics, a great movie that keeps you entertained from the begining to end and just makes you happy!!!!!
Adult Written bygk April 9, 2008

Delightful for both young and old

My 5 yr old loved the movie. More importantly I loved the movie and so did my husband. You will fall inlove with Giselle. She is the perfect fairytale princess brought into this crazy jaded world we now live in. I enjoyed her very much and hated to leave her behind.
Parent of a 4 and 8 year old Written bymnmwagoner April 9, 2008

Delightful and in good taste

My wife and I took our two girls, three and eight. All of us enjoyed it. It's a typical storybook romance with updated humor and issues that don't leave you wishing the kids "didn't hear that one." The actors are very suited for their characters and do a wonderful job of bringing a princess' story into todays reality of broken homes, separation, and divorce. At times I even wondered, "yeah why do people decide to leave each other instead of working it out?" I would watch it again.
Adult Written byRonsGirl April 9, 2008

A must see movie!

It truly isn't your everyday fairytale, but it's my new favorite!