All member reviews for End of Watch

Teen, 13 years old Written byJeffrey9789 September 23, 2012

End of watch is a good action film.

I like end of watch because of the story line,the action,and the conversations. If you like a cop film that is serious this one is for you. See this film in theaters at the matinee.
Teen, 16 years old Written byUnknownpearson June 10, 2013

Stupid

dissapointing .lots of of language.like.f-k s--t a-s h-ll b---h. Mothe-f--er a--whole d--k and more
Teen, 16 years old Written byjm97 May 26, 2013

End of Watch is a rare masterpiece.

This is honestly one of the best movies I have ever seen in my life, if not the best. It was thrilling, and heartwarming, and profound. End of Watch centers around two cops (Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena) on the LAPD. They fight to keep the streets of Los Angeles free of crime, although this is no easy task. The violence level is extremely high in this film, making it inappropriate for kids and young teens. There is also a lot of profanity, with an abundance of f--k, s--t, a-----e, and c--k. Some of the themes may be disturbing as well, such as human trafficking, child neglect and abuse, and a huge amount of drug violence. But when you strip that off, you come away with a story of brotherhood, loyalty, and heroism. Other actors in this amazing cast are Anna Kendrick, who is fantastic as always, as Gyllenhaals wife, and Natalie Martinez, who although I did not know of before, I am now a huge fan of. If you are looking for a truly wonderful film and are able to stomach some pretty intense violence, then I advise you to see this movie immediately.
Teen, 16 years old Written byslimshady24 September 26, 2012

Gritty, Compelling Cop Drama is too intense for kids.

Saw this today. I'm 15 and my friend and I snuck in. I'm pretty mature, so I'm going to say that this really is not a film for people my age. There is a lot of gritty and brutal violence, that becomes almost upsetting in the end. There is also constant, and in certain scenes, every-other-word strong, pervasive language. There is some marijuana use, and the two police find stashed Cocaine, all though none is used.
Teen, 14 years old Written byStevie111 September 23, 2012

Mature and Violent police drama should be fine for older teens

You really need to know your kid for this one. 15+ should be fine, but images are very disturbing and graphic. There is also extremely constant language. This movie had a great story was and was good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byjgray232 April 22, 2014

GREAT!!!

This is an outstanding movie, it has heroism, bravery, brotherhood and kind of funny. This movie has a lot swearing, but a lot in certain parts. It's mainly only the criminals that swear but other characters do swear. The violence isn't that bad and only speaking of sexual things. This is a great movie that is great for when you want a gritty, heroic story.
Teen, 17 years old Written byBehindthescene November 24, 2013

Brothers in Arms

Truly amazing (if also heartbreaking and slightly disturbing) film! Performances and visual-style (which actually works, surprisingly enough) are top notch! Although there are technically over 300 uses of the F-word in this movie, it adds to the realism of the story (as opposed to the un-realistic, but memorable dialogue in Pulp Fiction or The Departed, both of which are obviously meticulously scripted to be memorable and not realistic). A major advantage of End of Watch is the theme of brotherhood running throughout. It's not superficial, it's the core of the entire plot and should be commended for succeeding (or even attempting, for that matter). That being said, if you can deal with the language, watch the movie. If you have a heart, you won't regret it!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymattguy15 August 25, 2013

end of watch

surprisingly good first person found footage movie but a lot of unneeded cursing especially when the Spanish gangsters come in.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNo Name, for real. June 28, 2013

Disturbingly horrific but great and heroic depiction of cops.

Great movie... But very hard to watch. Blood spurts, guns blaze, profainty is excessive and constant, drugs, and danger are everything that makes this movie edgy, very, very edgy. NOT FOR KIDS!
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats June 20, 2013

Every Moment of Your Life They Stand Watch

Jake Gyllenhaal and Michael Pena creative believable and likable characters in this gritty, intense cop drama. There is a heavy amount of language, about 326 uses of the f-word and 110 uses of s***. There is definitely violence and blood. My only problem with this film was that it couldn't decide whether it wanted to be a found-footage film or more of a film with stylish cinematography and sleekly-made. A-.
Kid, 10 years old June 13, 2013

end of watch best movie ever

this movie is awesome just the language if your kids are mature let them watch it and if they now all the cuss words
Teen, 17 years old Written byBestPicture1996 May 24, 2013

Probably the most language I've ever heard in a movie

Content wise, and I didn't think this was possible, but there is literally nonstop swearing in this film. It's not out of place, as it takes its setting in a gritty, crime-ridden hood, but it was a staggering amount of profanity. With that aside, the film is always interesting, and the final chase with Pena and Gyllenhaal is remarkably gripping. Some flaws were the use of shaky cam throughout, which lacked reality at times, but it's a stirring portrait of 2 cops who really will risk their lives for one another; way more realistic than most police flicks.
Teen, 16 years old Written byhrodi007 March 13, 2013

Good movie about cops

This is a great movie with a good message on friendship, and heroism. I agree with the review commonsense have given this movie. I do not agree with the not for kids rating though. I believe it is pause for 15-17, but off for 14 and under. There is just a little bit of sexuality displayed, but there is a lot of talk about sex. There is also constant language used through out the movie, by the cops and bad guys. It's not like every single line there is language, but there is a lot. Of course drugs are involved, and human trafficking too. It's not as graphic as I thought it would be, but it is still pretty graphic. Has a nice story, and an interesting point of view. I enjoyed it, and think the movie is a good one.
Teen, 13 years old Written byKyleLikesPinkFloyd December 9, 2012

Good, but definetly off for kids

This movie by the makers of Training Day is very good. Although, there is a lot of drug material, language (and I mean a lot, as in over 200 uses of the F word), and violence. This movie is very good, but not for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCaden147 November 24, 2012

9/10 and ok for 14 and up

I know im just 13 but please hear me out. This movie is very good and i saw it when i was 12 and loved it. Id say 9/10. There is LOTS of langauge, maybe 320 f words, there is a pretty good amount of blood and violence, but there is no sex in this movie but there is brief talk about it but its ment for laughs. Is is a great movie and should be ok for 14 yer olds and up. Thanks for reading
Teen, 14 years old Written byfangningsheng November 3, 2012

Intense, sad, disturbing cop film

End Of Watch is incredibly powerful. You will come to care about the two main characters, making the climax incredibly heart wrenching. There is lots of disturbing, realistic violence. Expect brutal, bloody beatings, a knife sticking out of a man's eye, bloody gun violence, and more. Lots of strong language and graphic sexual dialogue. Drugs are seen. Suggested MPAA rating: R for strong violence and disturbing images, drug content, and pervasive language including sexual dialogue