All member reviews for Ender's Game

Thought-provoking sci-fi adventure with military violence.

Kid, 12 years old July 21, 2014

Review on Ender's Game

Ender's game doesn't have much violence so it is good for kids nine and up to see.
Teen, 14 years old Written byOwen7668 June 30, 2014

Love this movie

Best movie even! The book is even better. Now i would because they leave a lot out. But i feel like if you're younger not a teen you ahould just watch the movie. Even though the book is so much better there is so language in the book. But ether way read the book and watch the movie.
Teen, 16 years old Written byawesomenesss June 16, 2014
lots of fighting explosions and shooting scenes. although its a lot for a kid to see war in action its a very good movie if you like science fiction.
Educator and Parent Written byMovie Review Maven June 1, 2014
Movie Title: Ender's Game PG-13, 1 hour 53 minutes Grade: A- In a Nutshell: This sci-fi tween thriller deserved to be made into a film, as the book has been popular with kids since 1985. Congrats to Orson Scott Card for making it on to the big screen! Most of the source book fans have been very pleased with the movie adaptation, although they admit that a few interesting aspects were rushed or necessarily left out because of the time constraints. The battle scenes feel like you’re watching someone play a video game, but the special effects are pretty amazing. You’ll feel like a 12 year old kid again and wish you could float around in the battle simulator. Things I liked: I love Harrison Ford, even if I have to see him as a grumpy, aging man. I’ve also adored Ben Kingsley ever since he won an Oscar for Best Actor in Gandhi many years ago. The design on his face was very cool and supposed to represent a way to speak for the dead. His father was a Maori. I have a friend whose ancestry is Maori. He plays the ukulele and sings songs in Maori for his students. You feel like you get your money’s worth because the film is long, but moves quickly. I thought Ender’s squeaky, pubescent voice was perfect because it constantly reminds you that he is still just a boy. Asa Butterfield does a terrific job. I loved him in Hugo. Ben Kingsley was in that movie as well. It was simply stunning in 3D. I liked the cadets’ white casual wear and would like one for myself to wear at home when I’m just kicking around. I hadn’t read the book, so I had no idea what was going to happen. I love twists. The zero gravity room looks super fun! I went Indoor Skydiving in Las Vegas recently and had a blast…literally! A giant fan blasts air at you so that you float. I highly recommend it! Things I didn’t like: So, it only takes 3 adults to run that entire spaceship? I was surprised at the amateur-looking credits at the end of the movie. It takes itself a little bit too seriously and could have been improved with more peppering of humor. Uplifting theme: The way we win matters. “Let us train our soldiers so they can be gifted at war AND peace.” Funny lines: “This is basic rocket science, people!” - teacher “Game over.” - Ender Interesting lines: * “When you truly understand your enemy, you love them.” Things to look for: The button on the back of their necks that is used to monitor them reminded me of The Matrix . Hailee Steinfeld plays a character whose name is Petra. Petra means rock in Latin. She becomes Ender’s rock throughout their experience in the training experience in the International Fleet. Tips for parents: There is a lot of violence, some bullying, and a repeated use of the word “A**hole” in Spanish by a character named Bonzo. There is no other profanity, other than mean name-calling by bullies. There are some interesting moral dilemmas that could provide interesting dinner conversations for your family.
Kid, 10 years old May 23, 2014

a must see

this movie has a lot of action. it should have been rated PG. it is age appropriate for 10 yr olds
Kid, 11 years old May 23, 2014

Game, but not a game. A movie!

I love the book, "Ender's Game" , and the movie did not disappoint me. Harrison Ford, once again, was amazing in acting and did an awesome video. All the other actors were just fine. There is some violence, but not too much to scare even teenagers. This film should please most people who have read the book.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMidori K. April 2, 2014

Loved it!

I just watched Ender's game last night and it was way better than I had expected. Now it's one of my favorite movies. Watch the flick. You won't regret it.
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2014

Just Okay

This was a good movie, but not excellent. There is some mild swearing and violence, which could creep some kids out. Ender has a surgery where he screams and you see some blood. The aliens look very bizarre and creepy, and a fighting scene in the locker room can be a little disturbing. There is also a fight. People who read the book will definitely want to see the movie.
Kid, 12 years old March 4, 2014

WORST MOVIE OF 2013 - EVERYTHING IS BAD.

Teen, 13 years old Written byronaldo7 February 22, 2014
Kid, 12 years old February 14, 2014

READ THIS PLEASE

I read the book and to begin this essay I must state the obvious, the book was better than the movie. The book really offered a new concept and it provides a reasonable debate, the movie is not nearly as controversial. The timeline is also completely wrong. It is still a good movie but you should definitely read the book. The book also says that the main character kills 2 boys, while in self-defense, it is still important for adults to be aware of this fact and allow their kids to see it accordingly. Thank You
Kid, 11 years old February 8, 2014

Compared to the book it was bad

The movie was good if you haven't read the book. It has a scene where ender kills a kid in the boys bathroom after being almost killed.
Teen, 17 years old Written bykenwi January 20, 2014

Very good!

I really want to interest about the movie from the entertainment.
Kid, 11 years old January 11, 2014

Great movie, satisfying for a fan of the book.

I read the book a long time ago, and when I heard it was being made into a movie, I became really excited. In November 2013, I watched the movie and was not disappointed at all. It is just like the book! Any fan of the book should watch this movie!
Teen, 13 years old Written bySnowyjoe January 4, 2014

Enders Game Review

Enders Game has almost no inappropriate stuff, and only one swear in the entire movie! Violence was the only problem, with one scene showing a rat going through someones eye, and many scenes with fist fights and spaceship battles. Overall, Enders Game was a good movie!
Kid, 12 years old December 13, 2013

ENDER WIGGIN=AWESOME!

I LOVE THIS MOVIE GREAT ACTING AND GREAT STORY LINE !
Kid, 11 years old December 12, 2013

Ender's Game review

In the beginning, Ender gets bullies but defends himself by kicking the bully in the gut. They use the word "smartass". His brother, at one point, chokes him, and also Ender battles Bonzo in the shower, though we don't see anything except tho torso. Bonzo gets his head hit hard on the ground.
Parent Written byDJM45 December 12, 2013

Very good movie

I took my 9 year old to see this, he is almost 10, I was concerned by the reviews and went to see it alone first. This is a film based on a book about the threat of an extra terrestrial species destroying humans. It is a great movie and is actually an antiwar story. My son thoroughly enjoyed it and I had prepped him for the 2 violent bullying scenes. The second bullying scene really shocked the adults in theater. My personal thought is the boy in question is older than my son so it was no worse than violence he has seen in some cartoons. We discussed afterwards and he though it was appropriate for younger kids, Im not so sure hence my 9 and up rating. I know the writer of the book has made this a controversial film but I enjoyed it.
Kid, 11 years old November 19, 2013

One of my favorite book-to-screen adaptations of all time.

"Ender's Game" is a clever, thought-provoking, and generous sci-fi flick that will appeal to fans of the book. Violence is a bit mild, and the near-end is the only most violent part. There is a fight between Ender and another kid, and Ender pushes the other kid and that kid suffers in head trauma. It's a surprising, frightening scene, and gasps should be expected. In the beginning of the movie, Ender has something removed from his neck, and it results in blood. The only consumerism in this film is the source material, which is a universally acclaimed book. Expect some mild insults and language in the movie, including "smarta--", "crap", "balls", and "the Vomit Comet." Ender Wiggin is a brilliant and smart young man, and he really does knows how to do things. Plus, there is help along his way, too. In conclusion, Ender's Game lives up to its source material -- and is, once again, one of the best book-to-screen adaptations of all time...until The Hunger Games: Catching Fire releases.
Kid, 11 years old November 9, 2013

Nothing to worry about.

If you are looking for a good movie to remember, pick Ender's Game! I went yesterday to it, and I thought the rating was accurate. Parents, if you don't want you kid to observe violence, you don't have to worry. There are only two fist-fights. And which there is no gore. There is an average amount of violence otherwise, including one boy punches another boy in the arm, a whole planet explodes, and martial arts training. The language is not that bad at all. There is only one use of cussing, which one boy calls the main character a smart-*ss. There are tons of positive messages through the movie. One more thing, this will not give anybody night mirrors.