All member reviews for Escape to Witch Mountain

They don't make them like this anymore.

Kid, 12 years old July 5, 2012

Amazing film with some frightening footage...

This is, personally, one of my favorite movies of all time, and I just love watching it over and over again. When I first got it as a gift and watched it, I was very young (around eight) and sensitive, so the flashbacks that Tia had throughout the film gave me nightmares. But other than that, there is nothing not to love about this movie, and if your child is old enough to handle scary scenes, then I am sure it will become a favorite!
Teen, 13 years old Written byDisneymovielover77 February 6, 2015

A good a sci-fi movie

This movie has less violence than the new one and funny in some parts. This is one of my all time favorite a Sci-Fi films besides Flight of the Navigator, Wall-E, E.T, and the other 2 films that are apart of the witch mountain trilogy. I was looking for a good movie to watch on Netflix and I stumbled upon this one so I decided to give it a spin and I showed it to my little brother. I read the book and while it does have different twists than the book it's still a good film to watch. My favorite part was when Tony was playing his harmonica and the marionettes start to dance and Tia was dancing along with them. It's funny in some parts and entertaining over all. Those of you who love this movie then read the book it's really good book and movie. The message is to be who you are and that we may be different than each other by our personalities and other things but really we do belong in the same world. I think that the movie does really well with this message and expresses it well. It has less violence than the newer one (2009 version) but your kids will watch this one and the newer one.

Every badly made and a big time waister!

This movie is a life waister. Don't watch it unless you are 6 or under. The acting is horable and the plot is a discrace. I mean "save the bear." What does that have to do with the storyline? I personaly think that the reason they have so many random seens is because the writer came up with a boreing, short, and random storyline and attemted (and failed) to make it more interesting by adding this stuff. Cute but not worth renting and watching. Do yourself a faver and forget anyone ever told you it was good.
Kid, 10 years old March 26, 2009

:) It's Good

This movie is OK, but a little too much violence. It is pretty funny though in most parts.
Kid, 10 years old November 10, 2012

A Great Experience for Kids!

I personally love Escape to Witch Mountain. It's a great adventure for kids and adults, but mainly kids in general. This film has positive messages and great role models. It's a great movie overall.
Teen, 15 years old Written bychargnar February 12, 2012

Waste of Time

One of Disney's worst. Don't bother
Adult Written bycrackerjack5 April 11, 2009

Excellent movie. I enjoyed it as a kid, and I plan to show it to my future kids some day.
Kid, 10 years old November 17, 2008

wonderful disney classic!

this movie is a great classic, and my younger bothers and sister,(6,3, and 2) literally BEG my mom if they can watch it. It has a great story line and message. I think this movie is appropriate for ALL ages!