All member reviews for E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Teen, 13 years old Written bybkid August 15, 2010

Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2011

GOOD

i showed this to a 6 year old and they were fine but i still think that the language is an issue
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 April 18, 2011

Disturbing...

I HATED this movie. This disturbed me and made me feel sick! I hated it. Do not watch this! It is horrible.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon February 25, 2011

Good movie, but overrated.

ET is not as good as it's reputation, but it's still really good. it's a very well crafted movie from a technical standpoint. The acting is good and all the characters are well fleshed out. I just never got attached to ET. Definitely recommend, but not for the youngest of kids. Oh yea, and elliot calls his brother "penis breath". lol
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2010

Very Appealing to Younger Children But May Frighten

This movie has very positive messages and role models. I'm concerned, though, about the very strong languange that they use. I am also concerned about the violence in this movie. For example, the older boy, for Halloween, has a fake ax on his head with fake blood. I am also concerned about the government agents always chasing after E.T. The scene where E.T. turns very pale is very emotional and somewhat frightening. E.T., himself, might frighten younger children by his image. I, myself, am very frightened of his image. But he is overall cute and very loving. E.T. is very small and cute and probably will appeal to younger children like 3 year olds. This is my highlights and concerns about E.T.
Kid, 12 years old March 11, 2011

very cute!

very cute movie (: i think it might creep some younger kids out, because of the whole... you know... alien enlarged head magic glow in the dark "E.T Phone Home" finger thing (i'm talking from experience here, people), but it's so cute that you can't stay freaked for long. i would definitely recommend this to anyone!
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 2, 2011

it kinda scares me.but its an ok movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 17, 2011

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for language including sex related insults, frightening images throughout, thematic elements.
Kid, 9 years old November 1, 2010

E.T. (Extra Terrisial)

Extra Terrisial Is Amazing!(E.T.)My Favorite Movie By George Lucas!Jaws Is Good And Star Wars Is Good And Other Than That Nothing Is Better Than E.T. E.T. Is Fantastic For Ages Two And Up.
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake September 12, 2010

E.T. Not in my home

Its really sweet, but I had a nightmare that E.T. was jumping around in my living room making strange noises. Also, when I saw the movie at grandmas, I hid it, nobody found it for at least 2 years. Its a good movie, I was just scared of E.T. and some of the music is creepy. Then again, I'm just a wuss.
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2015

E.T. was awesome, but it would have been nicer

A young boy meets and bonds with an extra-terrestrial, and it is returned back home safely. But, besides that being the one-sentence summary, I don't think little kids should watch this yet until there is a family-friendly version, like Men in Black. I found this very exciting and moving, despite all the thematic parts and cuss.
Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2015

Language is Iffy

The language is iffy and E.T. is freakish looking for 21st century kids, but as long as you have a mature double digit child that knows not to say the curses in this movie, you're alright. E.T. and Elliot do act drunk after E.T. drinks a beer. But that isn't so bad.
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2014

A great family movie.

E.T. is a good choice for kids 7 and up. It is about a boy named Elliot that takes care of an alien. E.T. wants to go home to his planet. Eventually, he gets "home sick" and is dying. Elliot also becomes sick and astronauts try to help them. E.T then dies, but with Elliot's love for him, he comes back to life. E.T.'s spaceship comes, and his friends say goodbye. Although there are some screaming, cursing, illness scenes, and drunk scenes, I would reccomend E.T. the extra-terrestrial to people ages 7 and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLilly.uve September 22, 2014

Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2014

Know your children...

This movie is heart- wrenching and hilarious all at the same time. The alien is very cute, yet VERY creepy to some. I personally was terrified of E.T. for 4 years, 6-10. I still am a little creeped out, and i'm almost 12! Towards the end, there is a scene in which E.T. dies (but is then resurrected). E.T. is pale, motionless, and creepy looking. The doctors try to resurrect him themselves with electricity, which is gross, but besides that, no violence. one last thing, at dinner, Elliot calls his brother "penis breath".
Teen, 13 years old Written byAwesome-possum August 5, 2014

ME AND MY SIBS WE GOIN TO ROCK THEM PAIR-OF E.T.'S

ME AND MY SIB'S ARE SCARED OF THIS CRAP AND WE ARE 13 ,11, AND 15! DON'T EVER WATCH IT UNLESS YOUR AN ADULT IN FACT IF YOU ARE AN ADULT STILL DON'T WATCH IT .ONLY BLIND OLD PEOPLE THAT CANT HEAR SHOULD COME NEAR THIS CRAP MONSTER ! I AM NOT KIDDING ITS NOT WORTH HAVING NIGHTMARES AND PEEING AND POOPING EVERYWHERE AT THE AGE OF 50 OR YOUNGER! OH YEAH AND OLDER! JUST PICTURE YOURSELF CHOKING AND GAGGING YOUR DENTURE JUICE ALL OVER YOUR NEW WIFE , BABY AND PAJAMAS. OK DUDE SO NO TOUCHIE.IF THIS HASN'T CONVINCED YOU THAN NOTHING WILL . AWESOME POSSUM OUT...........
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2014

cool.

NICE. AND GOOD
Kid, 12 years old July 8, 2014

Language, violence, and drugs

I think this movie should be PG-13 because it uses lots of profanity such as "s--t", "son of a b--ch", and "damn". I don't know any movie that says s--t or b--ch. About the violence, E.T. turns white and is dying by the lake and also toward the end, the police are chasing him and trying to capture him. In one part of the movie, E.T. finds lots of canned beer and drinks it then gets drunk. In my opinion and in my survey 100 people, me and 93 people on the survey think drugs should be used only in PG-13 movies and above.
Kid, 7 years old June 13, 2014

E.T. Is Great!

Loved this film about an alien that gets help from a couple of children
Kid, 11 years old May 10, 2014

ET

ET is a very good movie for kids 10 and up. It has some violence and some parts are scary, some kids are mean to Elliot, and there are some uses of b***h, s**t, and d**** **g, they say "what the hell", there is a use of the word damn, Elliot insults his older brother by calling him "penis-breath", it seems like ET dies, but he comes back, and at one point when Elliot is at school, and ET gets drunk. BUT DON'T THE ATARI VIDEO GAME! IT'S HORRIBLE!