All teen and kid member reviews for E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial

Teen, 13 years old Written bybkid August 15, 2010

Kid, 10 years old June 4, 2011

GOOD

i showed this to a 6 year old and they were fine but i still think that the language is an issue
Kid, 11 years old June 26, 2015

Fantabulous! The best Stephen Speilberg by far.

Definitely a must see for alien loving kids. Loads of insults like "Ur Anus", "penis breath", also some brief profanities like s--t. A very upsetting thematic element where it appears that E.T. Is going to die (he is white and pale). E.T. Is trapped in Elliot's home that has been quarantined. E.T. Gets hungover after accidentally drinking beer, and Elliot and E.T. Both act very drunk in this circumstance. In the same scene, Elliot kisses a young girl with no notice.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhaleoh4060 April 18, 2011

Disturbing...

I HATED this movie. This disturbed me and made me feel sick! I hated it. Do not watch this! It is horrible.
Kid, 10 years old March 28, 2010

Very Appealing to Younger Children But May Frighten

This movie has very positive messages and role models. I'm concerned, though, about the very strong languange that they use. I am also concerned about the violence in this movie. For example, the older boy, for Halloween, has a fake ax on his head with fake blood. I am also concerned about the government agents always chasing after E.T. The scene where E.T. turns very pale is very emotional and somewhat frightening. E.T., himself, might frighten younger children by his image. I, myself, am very frightened of his image. But he is overall cute and very loving. E.T. is very small and cute and probably will appeal to younger children like 3 year olds. This is my highlights and concerns about E.T.
Kid, 12 years old March 11, 2011

very cute!

very cute movie (: i think it might creep some younger kids out, because of the whole... you know... alien enlarged head magic glow in the dark "E.T Phone Home" finger thing (i'm talking from experience here, people), but it's so cute that you can't stay freaked for long. i would definitely recommend this to anyone!
Teen, 17 years old Written byjohnthemon February 25, 2011

Good movie, but overrated.

ET is not as good as it's reputation, but it's still really good. it's a very well crafted movie from a technical standpoint. The acting is good and all the characters are well fleshed out. I just never got attached to ET. Definitely recommend, but not for the youngest of kids. Oh yea, and elliot calls his brother "penis breath". lol
Teen, 14 years old Written bySilverSnake September 12, 2010

E.T. Not in my home

Its really sweet, but I had a nightmare that E.T. was jumping around in my living room making strange noises. Also, when I saw the movie at grandmas, I hid it, nobody found it for at least 2 years. Its a good movie, I was just scared of E.T. and some of the music is creepy. Then again, I'm just a wuss.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana March 2, 2011

it kinda scares me.but its an ok movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byJadenp February 17, 2011

Suggested MPAA Rating: PG-13 for language including sex related insults, frightening images throughout, thematic elements.
Kid, 9 years old November 1, 2010

E.T. (Extra Terrisial)

Extra Terrisial Is Amazing!(E.T.)My Favorite Movie By George Lucas!Jaws Is Good And Star Wars Is Good And Other Than That Nothing Is Better Than E.T. E.T. Is Fantastic For Ages Two And Up.
Kid, 12 years old July 29, 2015

E.T. The great movie

I used to be scared of this movie when I was little and then I watched it and thought this movie is really great! I think parents and kids should watch this . It will make you cry and laugh. But there is a lot of language.
Kid, 12 years old July 9, 2015

ET Review

ET follows Elliot, a young boy who is outcast from everywhere he goes. His brother hates him and his mom doesn't really care about him. When he is told to bring a pizza outside so his mom won't notice, that is when he meets ET, an alien who is on the run from earth cops. They form an unusual and unlikely friendship. I will not spoil the final moments of the Movie because it's so beautiful and heartwarming that, for those who have not seen it, it's better as a surprise. I love this movie. I think that it is one of Spielberg's best movies. It is beautiful and the scenery is gorgeous. The actor who played Elliot totally nailed the role. And the actual ET looked pretty realistic for its time. This is a pretty tame movie in terms of content. You have a couple instances of swearing and crude insults (bitch, sh*t, motherf*cker Uranus, penis breath) and some pretty heavy stuff (LOOK AWAY IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS!) Like when ET is about to die and Elliot has to say goodbye. But you'll be crying cause you don't want to see them separated and that is a good thing. This movie gets 4 out of 5 stars.
Kid, 8 years old June 17, 2015

Fun. fantastic classic is quite violent and has very strong language for PG.

My rating:PG-13 for violence, and strong language.
Kid, 11 years old March 1, 2015

E.T. was awesome, but it would have been nicer

A young boy meets and bonds with an extra-terrestrial, and it is returned back home safely. But, besides that being the one-sentence summary, I don't think little kids should watch this yet until there is a family-friendly version, like Men in Black. I found this very exciting and moving, despite all the thematic parts and cuss.
Kid, 12 years old January 2, 2015

Language is Iffy

The language is iffy and E.T. is freakish looking for 21st century kids, but as long as you have a mature double digit child that knows not to say the curses in this movie, you're alright. E.T. and Elliot do act drunk after E.T. drinks a beer. But that isn't so bad.
Kid, 11 years old November 3, 2014

A great family movie.

E.T. is a good choice for kids 7 and up. It is about a boy named Elliot that takes care of an alien. E.T. wants to go home to his planet. Eventually, he gets "home sick" and is dying. Elliot also becomes sick and astronauts try to help them. E.T then dies, but with Elliot's love for him, he comes back to life. E.T.'s spaceship comes, and his friends say goodbye. Although there are some screaming, cursing, illness scenes, and drunk scenes, I would reccomend E.T. the extra-terrestrial to people ages 7 and up.
Teen, 16 years old Written byLilly.uve September 22, 2014
Kid, 11 years old September 15, 2014

Know your children...

This movie is heart- wrenching and hilarious all at the same time. The alien is very cute, yet VERY creepy to some. I personally was terrified of E.T. for 4 years, 6-10. I still am a little creeped out, and i'm almost 12! Towards the end, there is a scene in which E.T. dies (but is then resurrected). E.T. is pale, motionless, and creepy looking. The doctors try to resurrect him themselves with electricity, which is gross, but besides that, no violence. one last thing, at dinner, Elliot calls his brother "penis breath".
Kid, 10 years old July 9, 2014