Charming take on Cinderella tale has strong heroine.

Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Great flick

My 4 yo woke up early from his nap while I was watching this on TV recently. He wanted to watch and I figured I'd let him until something objectionable showed up. Nothing ever did. I wouldn't recommend it for little ones but there's certainly nothing wrong with them being in the room while an older sib enjoys. I don't recommend it b/c I just don't think it would appeal to them. I love how Cinderella is a strong woman with solid values - not a one sided Disney character.
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written bykerwin70 April 9, 2008

This movie is a real find!

I watched it myself and loved it. After I bought the DVD, I wondered if my two daughters, now 7 and 4, would enjoy it as well. They love it and consider it one of their favorites. A big plus for me, having girls, is that this Cinderella has her own values and is always true to herself. I also enjoyed the addition of Leonardo da Vinci into the mix. I can deal with the fighting sequences, i.e. mostly swordplay, as it is not gratuitous. The review mentioned an expletive, but, honestly, we missed it. I really didn't have to worry about my then-3-year-old watching this movie at all. Love it!
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Great Movie

This is a great movie that really supprised me. I thought it would be another romantic mush but it actually entertained me. I would put this on a must see list.
Teen, 15 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Awesome movie made dirty

Great movie, would recommend an edited version. There was a few insinuations of a eunuch, and there was a couple of strong swear-words. Get edited!!!
Teen, 13 years old Written byinvisible73 July 14, 2015

Beautiful movie.

One of the best movies I've ever seen. I love the fact that it's set in 16th century. I personally love everything that is attached to history. It's a story about a couple who's not allowed to be together. There are lots of good messages in this movie. It's well described how people lived in the past and how was it like to be a slave. This movie teaches you a lot about history and how things changed until today. Every family should watch this beautiful story about love.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBelisandra August 1, 2014

Refreshing and Unique Cinderella Tale

Ever After is a really wonderful movies for families to enjoy. I'm pretty sure any girl would love it, and most guys would probably like it. There are a couple swordfights, a character dies, both which scare or upset younger kids. But the action and adventure for anyone over five, unless you're child is very sensitive, should be totally okay. There is some well-played and well acted romance, and a couple kisses, but nothing inappropriate. There are a few bad words here and there, but mature kids should be able to handle it. In some versions the bad words are edited out so it's no big deal. But in one version, the pg-13 one, the bad words are still there (that's probably the only pg-13 part of the entire movie). The stepmothers dislike for Danielle could possibly upset younger kids, especially ones who may be getting step-mothers or fathers of their own. But Danielle is strong, independent, intelligent, and compassionate female role model for little girls. There is something to be learned in almost every aspect of this movie. It is a must see for anyone and a great flick for anytime.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2010

A movie on Girl-Power set on the orignal Cinderella Story

Ever After is not like the old cinderella story of a pretty girl, evil stepsisters and glass slippers. Ever After is a story in which gives a mixture of Girl Power but still keeps the charm and romance of the old story in which I truly love. But there are some very small problems. One was some of the scenes. When my little sister was watching it last year when she was seven she saw the Father dying and this really upsetted her (along with me) and was so upset we had to stop the movie and put her to bed, and when the whip marks on Danielle was shown this alarmed me and again upsetted my sister so I do not recommend it for children under eight. Other than it it was a charming story based on romance and charm.
Teen, 13 years old Written byEmilyB123 July 29, 2010
Great retelling of the Cinderella Classic!
Teen, 14 years old Written bymissylynn February 21, 2009

loved it!!!!

great movie!!!
Teen, 14 years old Written byj10a1 April 21, 2012

Fantastic movie

Teen, 14 years old Written bystylemusings December 29, 2011

Danielle Doesn't Need A Pumpkin Carriage!

My mom put this in my stocking a few Christmases ago, and I watched it immediately because I love Drew Barrymore as a person and as an actress! I love how Cinderella is portrayed as a strong, smart, and brave woman! Danielle is a great role model for girls! (Finally!)
Kid, 10 years old August 27, 2011

awesome

ever after was one ofthe bet books i've ever read!ever after was a book that had some romance in it.it also seemed like it came right out of a fairytale from the 1500's. the only bad thing in the book were there was some lying and name calling other than that, the book was fine.i LOVED ever after!
Kid, 12 years old September 22, 2010

A MUST SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!

I LOVE this movie!!!!!!! Drew Barrymore is the perfect part for Cinderella and Angelica Huston plays the perfect stepmother. Yes, there is a couple of swear words but it is my new fave movie. Yes there is a little violence with some punching but not bad and Drew is shown with whip marks on her back but don't see her getting whipped. Overall, I recommend this 200%!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Kid, 9 years old October 18, 2014

It was okay for my age

Somebody who is under 6 shouldn't watch it but it's not "NOT FOR KIDS." There is a little kissing, it's not a whole sex drama movie. If your child is 8+ but doesn't like swords, please, don't show your child this movie.
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2012

Wonderfull!

The movie "Ever After" is a must see for the whole family. It is indeed a charming twist to Cinderella. Set in France, this movie is sure to delight one and all.
Kid, 12 years old November 16, 2011

Dude, i LOVE this movie!

Dude, i love this movie so much! it is so good. but that may just be me since i love romantic stuff and fairytale endings. Danielle, the main character is an example of an excellent role model. She stands up for people who are poorer than she, and is not afraid to stand up for her beleifs, even to the Prince. The Prince is trying to escape an arranged marriage and is attracted to danielle for her boldness, except he doesnt know that she is a peasant, for to save a servant to go to the Americas, she dressed up as a lady of the court giving a series of lies about her identity. This moive is amzing and i didnt say that much about it so you have to see it! It still follows the cinderella plot except it gives a tale that is actually possible.
Teen, 13 years old Written byParker H. May 11, 2009

Simply incredible!

Beautiful film with 5 star cast and top rate screenplay!
Teen, 15 years old Written byJoey123 January 22, 2009

Not just another mushy movie...

This movie is very cute and heartwarming.However,this movie is not PG, it's actually PG-13. Why? Because it has a fair amount of sexual innuendo. mostly resulting from an evil stepsister and the prince. He stares at her and says she "looks well" while the camera focuses in on her chest. She also invites him to "look" on several occasions. there is also one s-word. however, this movie is very mild for a PG-13 and overall very good.
Kid, 12 years old October 10, 2012

awesome movie

I thought it was a great movie. It is a version of the Cinderella story .I think 8 year olds would like this movie . In the movie Danielle is a positive role model. There is very little violence. 8 year olds can see this movie because it is appropriate for many ages.
Teen, 16 years old Written byUgli Chic March 14, 2010

Awesome

I loved this movie so much! Except for a few swear words and lies, I like how the story line flows. Drew Barrymore makes a spirited Cindrella character, stands up for others beside herself. I love that.