All member reviews for Evil Dead

Teen, 16 years old Written byMalik1Saad2 July 6, 2015

GREAT!!!!

My mother didn't allowed my younger siblings. And strictly told me not to let them watch it.This movie has intense violence and strong language as well the infamous "tree rape".
Kid, 12 years old February 7, 2015

Contains very strong gory horror and violence, and very strong language.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJimmy brew November 2, 2014

Graphically disturbing movie should be NC-17

My rating:NC-17 for graphic terror and extreme images
Teen, 15 years old Written byi just like movies October 17, 2014

Not as horrific as some may think

Ok so I recently saw this with a few of my friends and wow. Quite the movie that was. This movie is extremely gorey and disgusting and if you have a soft stomache I would really reconsider watching this. Language is strong but not extremely constant. Sex isn't an issues (besides a brief naked demon scene at the end) this movie is just gore gore from about 20 minutes into the movie. A girl throws up blood and goo into another's mouth. She burns herself in the shower. Another girl cuts off a part of her face. A dude gets stabbed in the eye with a needle then pulls it out. Another girl saws her arm off (blood flying everywhere) ew. What else, oh boy it's just really never ending to be honest. A girl gets burned alive, she rips her arm off from under a car, shooting with nail guns, slicing with knives, shootings with shotguns, splicing open a tongue, more throwing up blood, crawling and jump scares. Blood raining from the sky, it's just a never ending gore fest. On the bright side is most of it you can tell is not real (I'm 15 and was fine besides the occasional scream from grossness) but it's just really gross but the plot was ok I guess.
Kid, 9 years old January 22, 2014

The best horror movie of the year!

Horrifieing! The Evil dead nearly the same with drugs,strong language,sex and violence
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter January 21, 2014

Better than the original!

One inappropriate scene (not as explicit as the original). Language is pretty bad (most of the inappropriate references are said by the dead people). Violence is the worst thing about it. Although most of the violence is more toward the dead people, in a scene, a girl cuts her arm off to avoid become one of the dead people. This movie is much scarier than the original.
Teen, 14 years old Written byKyle1414 December 21, 2013

Pretty Bloody With Many Disturbing Images

I didn't really like this movie the first time I saw it, but then I watched it again and then i thought it was okay. Lol yeah actually I guess this movie is pretty cool, but it's...it's brutal haha!
Teen, 16 years old Written byDog Bone November 2, 2013

Awesome!

Great movies, tops the original. Gory, graphic, and disturbing. A fair amount of strong language.
Kid, 11 years old October 21, 2013

Guts And Ready To Go

This Film Contains Very Strong Language And Brutal Gore. I Think It Is Okay But Could Of Been Better.
Teen, 14 years old Written byRaptor89 October 20, 2013

Not for kids

Extremely inappropriate for children. This film is extremely gory and scary.
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 August 31, 2013

Disappointing to me.

I watched this hoping that it could at least meet up to the original, but it was nowhere near as good as the first. It is extremely gory and realistic, and the blood not CGI so it is a lot more realistic looking. Most of the violence is on-screen, and it is very disturbing and so on. I read that this movie was originally slapped with an NC-17 rating, and some people believed it should of stayed with that rating. Unlike the old one this had a lot more language, but it isn't as bad as most movie, but it still consists of more than the original version. There is no nudity in this one, but the scene of rape still happens, but all you see is a vine going into a woman's skirt, and you see it cut up her leg as it goes up. One of the character has some serious drug withdraws and you see her dump some into a well meaning she is trying to give it up. Nowhere near as good as the original, and it just wasn't good.
Teen, 14 years old Written byThatGamingCat July 31, 2013

Don't even think about watching!

Gore-fest that is not worth watching! Violence is over the top and pushes the R-rating with the gore and language. Language plays a good bit of the movie, with sh-t,h-ll,f-k filling up the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byjamesfranco July 26, 2013

possibly the best special effects ive ever seen

evil dead was amazing...maybe im not the best person to talk about how good it was because i havent seen the original but this movie is awesome! like the gore and makeup was amazing i cant even begin to explain how cool i thought it was. i saw it with my dad in the theater (were both horror fans) but i dont think i could recommend it to anyone above 16 unless youre like me. the acting was awesome lou taylor pucci was the best!!! see this with caution. plot isnt great but everything else makes up for that...
Teen, 13 years old Written byThe Cheap Seats July 18, 2013

The Most Terrifying Film You Will Ever Experience

Spoilers Ahead! A faithful remake to the original but much less comical. It has an extreme amount of gore. In the beginning of the film a girl is beaten and lit on fire and then shot in the head. Later, a girl crashes her car into a lake and is then seen running from something in the woods. She falls into a tree and appears to be being choked and then is raped by the tree (less graphic than in the original). A girl takes a shower and she turns the heat all the way up hinting she is possessed by a demon and falls down. The camera shows her skin bubbling. A man is shot in the arm. A woman barfs blood on another woman. A woman cuts off part of her face with a piece of glass and then stabs a man repeatedly in the face with a needle after stabbing him in the heart with a piece of glass. A man slips on skin and hits his head on the sink. A woman has her head smashed repeatedly by the part of a sink. A woman cuts her tongue open and then kisses another woman. A woman cuts her arm off. A man is thrown around in a basement by a demon. In the final scene, it rains blood. A woman's arm is ripped off. Two men are shot repeatedly with a nail gun. A woman's arm is shot off. A woman's arm is ripped in half and a woman is cut down the middle. Strong language. The whole reason the five friends go to the cabin is to help of one their friends kick her drug addiction. A very good movie but three of the characters are given very little development. A-.
Teen, 16 years old Written byB-KMastah July 15, 2013

Great film, masterpiece of a remake.

Judging this as a remake, it's a masterpiece. Judging this as a film on its own, it's still great. The cinematography and directing is terrific; both create a great sense of dread and there are several tropes that are subverted, mostly during the final act. Speaking of which, the last 25 minutes or so were scary as hell and usually excessive and overt gore annoys me and comes off as cheap, but here it balanced the cartoonishness and the graphic nature so it didn't come off as distracting and ending up being fun. Also, thank God for practical effects. The makeup and effects looked terrific and were all so convincing, infinitely better than CG crap. The main problem was what seems to be the issue with so many horror films: really weak characters. Only the main girl was worth routing for, and arguably the blonde guy that looked like Kurt Cobain. There was a blonde girl that was completely expendable. And PLEASE STAY AFTER THE CREDITS!!! There's a huge surprise for fans of the series! 8.7/10, great, two thumbs up (barely), above average, etc.
Teen, 15 years old Written byKhoi1220 July 15, 2013

Good but gory

Mia is a positive role model. This movie is very gory. The gore is above what I was expected. A lot jump-scared.
Kid, 12 years old July 13, 2013

Very Good, Mature

As long as a child is mature and responsible, I think it is okay to watch. There is a lot of cursing, some ALOT worse than others that weakens out later on moderately. There is one quick scene with sexual content (hardly noticeable) but NOT for weak stomachs. People cut off their own limbs, blood or penetration of flesh is in basically every scene past a certain point. Yet, I found this better than the 1981 original. It had a much better plot and man more details of the plot that the first didn't have. And boy, that ending was insanely awesome.
Kid, 12 years old July 6, 2013

I loved it!

I'm only 12 but I absolutely ADORED Evil Dead. I did not have any nightmares (but then again I usually don't get nightmares). I even watched it the night it came out at 10:00pm. I loved it so much I already preordered it on dvd.I will say though in fact it is very gorey, if your child is squeamish they probably would not like this movie. Despite what I say, I think most of my friends would be scared out of their minds but I liked it. Weather your child sees it or not really just depends on them.....I saw a girl at the theaters that looked about 8, so really you cannot put an age limit on this movie. I LOVE EVIL DEAD!!!!!
Kid, 12 years old June 15, 2013

Can't top the original, but it has alot of scares along the way.

Evil Dead is cool and less violent than the 1981 version. Parents, your kids may never want to see this film. It is violent, scary, and has many gallons of blood in all scenes. So if you kids want to see this film, remind of not coming to your bed at night. Evil Dead cannot top the original, but it gives some good scares along the way of the film. 8.50/10
Teen, 16 years old Written bycandygirl10003 June 13, 2013

Insanely Scary and Gory.

TriStar Pictures presents Evil Dead, the film has a very dark theme that would obviously scare off Kids under Twelve. Usually cuss words are expected in horror films. Please note that this film was formally rated NC-17, which means minors are not admitted. This film is very impressive and they barely use CGI effects.