All member reviews for Exit Through the Gift Shop

Kid, 11 years old April 16, 2011

Very good movie, I thought it was a little bit too much about that stupid guy, Terri, but other than that very well made. A must see movie for sure.
Kid, 11 years old February 1, 2011

A intersting look into street art, but not graffiti

This documentary can be challenged by many, saying "It isn't real." Directed by street artist Banksy, it showcases the personal lives of the artists, while also (possibly) shows Banksy real face, as possible alter ego Thierry. Very intresting. Check it out if you see it in a store.
Kid, 11 years old March 23, 2011

One of my favorite movies!

I really love this film! It has strong language, but with what's in movies these days, it seems somewhat mild because there is absolutely no violence of sex.
Teen, 13 years old Written bybooklover27 February 11, 2012

Interesting Film

Maybe it's just me, but I thoroughly don't understand why this movie is R. it's great documentary and it gave me so much more respect for street art!
Teen, 13 years old Written bystan101 May 1, 2012

AWESOME

best documentary ever
Teen, 13 years old Written bySouthParkFreak1 February 24, 2012

Should've won the oscar

Mezmerizing documentary that takes a look on two street artists, one named Banksy, and another named Terry Gupta. But be warned, there's also strong smoking and language. Make sure you watch this "dandy docu" with you're kids 10 and up
Teen, 14 years old Written bybrymche May 21, 2012

Pure Awesomeness

This was a very good movie! It really brought out the truth about street art, and how it isn't just graffiti. It has bad language, but it has a really good message!
Teen, 16 years old Written byAR16 October 28, 2012

Make art NOT war!

Art is a wonderful thing. This documentary gives its viewers an inside look into the deeper meaning of what street art really is. It also helps you understand what makes a person a "true artist" or not.
Teen, 15 years old Written bySalsander February 8, 2014

LEARNING

Should have been rated PG-13

Exit Through the Gift Shop is a fun docu about a french man who becomes involved in street art. Although some of Guetta's "coincidences" are debated, it is still a great story and shows an interesting perspective on street artists. There are only around five uses of the f-word (some in subtitles or written). Also keep in mind there is some illegal graffiti drawing footage in the movie, but other than that I can't think of any other objectionable content. You might want to discuss with your kids that Guetta's success is far-fetched and mostly subject to his luck. Also remind them the consequences of vandalism and there is a difference between street art and wrecking private property. Otherwise, Exit Through the Gift Shop should be fine for kids in late middle school and up.