All member reviews for Fame (2009)

Teen musical remake has edgy content for a PG movie.

Kid, 10 years old May 22, 2011

for tweens but maby not for youngsters

if concider edgy words bad this is not for you. and some drug drinking in one sence and in another secne mildy fliting is int it
Kid, 10 years old February 28, 2010

kinda ok
Kid, 8 years old March 22, 2010

Bad for tweens but good for older people

I have watched the movie (Even if i was 8 yrs old) and i think this is a good movie but the language,drinking and behavior isn't good. I watched it by my self. I would love the movie if there wasn't any bad language,drinking and behavior.
Kid, 11 years old June 13, 2010

good movie it had a great message to never give up. i liked it
Kid, 9 years old March 20, 2010

Bad for everyone

This for me I really hated it. I was very mad it was very bad . One guy tried to commet sueisid.Moms and dads do u want you're kids to see that din't think so.
Kid, 11 years old May 15, 2010

lots of sexual contekidsnt launguage and drinking to excess not for young tweens and little kids but awesome movie
Teen, 13 years old Written byMillyMolly June 9, 2010

a bit boring for me

I found this movie a bit boring to be honest. I would of expected more excitement...but no. This singing and dancing was so good though!
Kid, 11 years old May 21, 2011

One Of My Favorite Movies Of ALL Time!!!

i watched this movie when i was 8 and like it very much but i watched it again now and i LOVE IT!!
Parent of a 7, 11, and 14 year old Written byDoubleLou September 25, 2009

Dance and Musical Numbers Were Good, The Rest Wasn't

Our family enjoys musical performance of just about any type, but especially singing and dancing. So we were pretty excited about the new Fame coming out. Unfortunately, it didn't live up to our expectations. The dance, music, and acting class performance scenes were well done. However, there was an excessive amount of cursing for a PG film. Kissing was mostly appropriate (mostly between high school aged characters) and not excessively gratuitous except for one scene in which it looked like it was going to proceed to the next step. There was also a scene where an underage girl drank until intoxicated. While most movies with this level of questionable material wouldn't normally deter me from allowing my kids to see it, when it's a bad movie there really isn't a need for the exposure to it. The movie lacks a strong plot line, character development, and acting by a number of the younger actors. It almost appears as though they had to edit out SOOO much material that what they had left just couldn't hang together as a story.
Teen, 14 years old Written bysmartbabe6 April 11, 2010

Ok so this movie is good but it was a lot different than i thought it would be. It was dramatic. It was a drama:). I don't usually like dramas but this was an acception. There was a seen where one girl was drunk, quite a bit of language, and just a little bit of sexual stuff. Nothing my kids haven't heard of or seen before. Great movie and it was good because it tells how you can live your dream even if someone doesn't believe in you!
Parent of a 8, 10, 12, and 14 year old Written bysupamomma January 15, 2011

12 and up

Lets just start by saying that there is no way this should be rated pg. There were tons of teens drinking at parties and teachers and adults just sitting there watching. Also, one girl (who your kids might recognize from Disney like Hannah Montana and Camp Rock) gets intentionally drunk then throws up. Also there are many kisses. One adult invites this girl to his trailer to audition for a tv show then tricks her and makes out with her and tries to take of her shirt. But she has a boyfriend! Another thing was language. There was just about every swear word in there. I was so surprised! They swore like every 2 minutes! There was way more language than a normal pg movie. Now for violence. This wasn't a huge problem but there were a few issues. First of all, one boy was describing how his sister had gotten killed in a gang shooting then the teacher laughs at him. Also another boy is really depressed and he tries to commit suicide by jumping in front of a train. People pull him back just in time, but it was still a scary scene.. even for me. So all in all, I would reccomend this for ages 12 and up only
Kid, 11 years old April 8, 2011

Amazing Movie

I love this movie so great my fav movie
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2011

Yuck

Okay, I saw this movie when I saw was nine because it was PG. But now I know it is not okay for kids younger than 12, and it's probably pause even then! The drinking is over the top and innapropriate, and the whole movie is really bad.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytaylorswift2122 July 25, 2011

fame

fine for teens, original is worse than this,far more inapproriate for teens, other than a little drinking and kissing its not to bad.
Kid, 10 years old February 9, 2010

Enjoy my little story

I was SO disappointed. One of my friends and I were going to see Fame because it's kinda nice that it was a remake of an old ''famous'' movie... I am so glad we didn't go. Unfortunately, my mom grew up on the original movie- forgetting it was R- my brother thought it would be a nice surprise to get the movie for her. So we sat down and started watching it. Immediately I saw and recognized to Disney channel ''stars'' so I figured this could not be bad... I was wrong. A few minutes into it I saw a not so ''boyish'' boy to say the least. OK, I know what your thinking, so what, that's the world we live in. A few moments later I heard something that is not appropriate for a PG movie- witch is normally appropriate for 8+- if I'm not mistaken it was the ''S' word. Then I heard others. Soon I started hearing more and more. I questioned myself if this was really PG. After the ''BIG'' wave of profanity passed I saw a DISNEY star DRUNK- and she said it was to ''expand her life experience'', not the type of ideas I would want to give a teen viewer... if you catch my drift. Anyways, to my long story short, even though the rating is PG, moms, go with the original rating, R. Kassie
Kid, 11 years old January 24, 2010

Should of been PG-13, but still a great movie!

Ok, here's my review on Fame. The violence is practically nothing but two things. One is where a boy is kicked out of the school and almost jumps in front of a train. The other is a student often talks about his family's past, which is quite disturbing. The sex is all kissing. Several kissing between kids, and one that gets quite sensual. Some dances are sensual also. The drinking is more than an usual PG has to offer. One scene a girl tries to get drunk and throws up after she does it. Several kids are drinking at a party, and sometimes the teachers are there too. Lots of underage drinking. Last, the language. OK , where do I start? Here's the basics of what they said: s--t," "bulls--t," "a*s," "b***h," go***mn," "a--hole," "my God," "hell," "screw," "retarded," and a few more. Definetely one of those PG movies that expands over the rating, and deserves to be PG-13. Great for mature 11 year olds and up!
Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 October 1, 2009

Could have been PG-13

Fame is a remake from a movie made in the 1980s or something. That movie was rated R, so they had to tone it done quite a bit to make is PG. But I don't think they toned it down enough. There's a lot of sensual dancing, and a handful of language. (Some other stuff, too.) But overall, I loved the movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byMissAmi December 29, 2011

For Teens!!!

This movie really is for teens! yes it may have some drinking, kissing, and swearing, but for teens its ok! the movie brings out a very possitive message! has great music and dancing!!!!
Kid, 11 years old January 21, 2012

Okay movie

one girl gets drunk to gain experience and they say some cuss words
Kid, 11 years old February 2, 2012

FAME

it was a really good remake but i thought it had a lot of swearing and drinking for a PG movie and everyone in the movie is a teenager there are no adults the guy that invites her to his trailer is a teenager