All member reviews for Family Weekend

Teen tries to repair dysfunctional family in so-so comedy.

Teen, 15 years old Written byBestMan333 April 13, 2013

Funny With Great Messages

This movie is pretty funny, with comic undertones, but the R rating is totally over-rated. I would rate it PG-13 For Some Violence Involving Brief Drug Use, Sexuality, & Brief Strong Language
Teen, 14 years old Written byZambz July 29, 2013

MPAA Has Done It Again

This movie has an excellent message towards teenagers. What they are going through and this video sets one example. NO violence is attended in the movie, only some language is repeated. NO need for a restricted rating, what's wrong with MPAA?
Teen, 16 years old Written bydirectionerforever April 25, 2013

i love the movie but i dnt knw about u

the movie is so funny i coudnt stop laughing i love this movie its my second favourite movie
Parent Written bykps84094 September 16, 2013

Very funny movie! Should be PG-13 instead of R.

This has to be one of the funnier shows I have ever seen. I laughed through most of the movie. There are some sexual references in one part that may not be appropriate for younger audiences. Marijuana is smoked once by an adult, but I did not feel like it was used in a way to encourage children to smoke. As for the R rating, I have no idea what the MPAA was thinking. The F-word is used once and the S-word maybe a couple times, but other than that, I have watched plenty of PG-13 movies that make this movie look like it should have been rated PG in comparison. This is probably the only R-rated movie, besides history or war documentaries, that I would let my teenage children watch. I honestly felt like this was a Family Feature film except for the brief sexual references and occasional swearing. I highly recommend this movie if you are looking for a good "clean" comedy that will keep you laughing.