All member reviews for Fantasia 2000

Delightful, but may scare more sensitive kids.

Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 August 31, 2012

fantasia 2000

choice for young kids than the original. Families can talk about the way that music makes pictures in our heads, and experiment by asking children to draw pictures as they listen to music. How does the movie's music match each of its segments?
Educator and Parent of an infant and 2 year old Written byMr.Haugen February 22, 2011

Great Music, Great animation

This is the favorite movie of my 2 year old. He loves the music, and often uses it as background music while he plays with other toys. Some things are slightly scary, but he doesn't watch it alone. Some of the older segments do show their age.
Kid, 7 years old November 28, 2009
I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!! I COULD WATCH IT NONSTOP!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 August 18, 2015

Still excellent.

While this may not be as good as Fantasia, it is still excellent. The animation is beautiful, the music is splendid and the celebrity cameos were okay. The top five starting from the best are 1. Firebird Suite—1919 Version by Igor Stravinsky 2. Rhapsody in Blue by George Gershwin 3. Pines of Rome by Ottorino Respighi 4. Pomp and Circumstance – Marches 1, 2, 3 and 4 by Edward Elgar 5. Piano Concerto No. 2, Allegro, Opus 102 by Dmitri Shostakovich So Fantasia 2000 would look great in IMAX but I wasn't born then. Grade: B+
Parent of a 4 and 6 year old Written byParatrooperWife October 19, 2009

Beautiful and Exciting for Parents and Kids (who aren't overly sensitive)

I've been really big into exposing our kids to all different types of genre of music. This not only exposes them to some different styles of music, but different styles of animation as well. My kids have been watching this since the ages of 2 and 4 years old. Yes, there are some scariness issues for some more sensitive kids, like an evil jack-in-the-box with a freakishly large head trying to get rid of the tin soldier, Donald and Daisy duck thinking the other had perished in the flood, or the forest nymph being "eaten" by the gigantic lava bird. My kids have never been bothered by those images, though. They love the music and the stories told with them!! I grew up with the original Fantasia and I honestly prefer this 2000. We have the original and my kids were completely bored with it. I highly recommend this movie to kids who enjoy classical music that aren't overly sensitive to somewhat scary material.
Teen, 14 years old Written byJasonpd July 11, 2016

An Ok Movie

The picture is beautiful just not a big fan of how none of the characters really talked
Teen, 13 years old Written byEm_Dot April 27, 2016

So Good!

Anyone who is a fan of the first Fantasia will love this updated version. Personally, my favorite "short" was the one with Donald and Daisy on Noah's Ark. It was clever and had a happy ending. I also enjoy the flamingo short, in which there is a rather odd flamingo who is fascinated by his yo yo. This short went perfectly with the music and had my brother and I laughing like crazy. All of these shorts are amazing, and I would recommend watching this movie all the way through, whether you purchase or watch it on Netflix.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIsaac T October 4, 2014

A musical wonder.

Nell Minow (shocker!) says it's for ages 6 and up, but that's probably a little high. I've been watching it since I was six MONTHS. As a baby it was my favorite movie and I wanted to watch it every day for a very long time. The music combined with animation make it fun for the youngest children.
Educator and Parent Written bysarahenit September 1, 2014

Beautiful!

My son, who is nearly 6, is sensitive to violence and scary images and music, but he watched Fantasia 2000 from start to finish without becoming afraid. He was wide-eyed in some parts and laughed in others, loving the entire thing. It's wonderful to find a film that kids love and that adults can enjoy, as well. Wonderful music and beautiful images!
Teen, 13 years old Written byhazerbaze March 29, 2012

The Better of the Two Fantasias

This movie is much better than its predecessor. There isn't really anything to worry about, except maybe the demon-like creature at the end, destroying things with fire. I am too young to recognize some of the celebrities, but the whole point of the movie is the music. I first watched this in music class at school in 1st grade.
Teen, 13 years old Written byFILMCRITIC500 March 26, 2012

perfecto!

an excellent piece of art and filmmaking. the impressive score and over-the-top visuals are enough to make this film OK for everyone. there are some disturbing, and sometimes a little graphic and dark scenes.
Kid, 10 years old July 3, 2011

love it!

very well done with beautiful music. amazing!
Teen, 13 years old Written byrobinrunner April 10, 2011

better than the first, with a lot of friendly celebrity faces, including from some Disney charecters.

More advanced since the origanal. If your one of those people who thought the first was a little dull, this one is more cheery. If your a music teacher though or a person who wants to grasp a better look at Fantasia's outlook on music, I would suggest the first one. Steve Martain and the guy who did the voice of Darth Vader are speakers, and Micky, Donald, and Daisy are featured in this musical film
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares February 14, 2009
Inferior to the original Fantasia, but still satisfying.
Adult Written bynintendoman2010 April 9, 2008

music 2 everybodys ears

excellent movie, i like the way the music filled my head with a lot of pictures, but there were already pictures on the movie, that made it even better. there is only one part you need to be concerned about, in the one where the girl is forced to go to a lot of schools and learn stuff, toward the end, the ball she was playing with, falls down through the window and has to go get it, the ball ends up in the middle of a very busy street, she goes onto the road and almost gets run over by a semi-truck. Otherwise, its an excellent movie for kids to watch.