All member reviews for Fantasia

Breathtaking animation feat -- with some creepy visuals.

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

Five year olds will like it

Plop a five-year-old in front of this and they'll be entranced for a while. Unfortunately, unless you have a great interest in animation and classical music, this film isn't the most interesting. There isn't really a plot and it is pretty boring. Good for distracting litte kids though.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrebo344 August 17, 2015

Disney's best.

This is one of my favorite films of all time, and quite possibly the best animated film of all time. The colours were just beautiful to look at and the scenario/story, associated with the music was just mind blowing. Once again, simplicity at its best. Grade: A+.
Parent of a 17 and 17 year old Written bypoppinsfan August 14, 2015

Kid, 9 years old July 5, 2015

Eh.

I saw this last week, and honestly, I don't see what's so great about it. I enjoyed the jazz scene, but that's it. In the Waltz of the Sugarplum Fairies, the fairies are NAKED! Did no one know that? In the 75 years this movie has been out, no one was bothered by the fact that the greek mythology is practically nothing? I'm glad Disney has improved. If I go any further, then I would be stalling, so have a nice day.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypicardisbetter April 19, 2015

Walt Disney can do what ever he wants to you without knowing you

Meaning he can scare you with animation if he feels like it. The animation is in fact really good, but two segments from the film will scare whatever is left in your child (the Rite of Spring and A night on bald mountain) creepy and gothic visuals only add to the film's watchability
Teen, 14 years old Written byKmfan97 January 17, 2015

great movie but does have drinking and nudity and kids under 11 May get bored.

I saw this when I was 11 and I thought it was absolutely breathtaking. When it comes to little kids watching it though the rite of spring segment does have a t rex that may scare young children and it actually kills a trysaratops. The scene is kinda sad but not as sad as Disney's other stuff. There is also the night on bald mountain segment at the end which can frighten many little kid's. Also in the same segment there is very brief but noticable glimpses of female daemons breasts. I'm not joking so caution parents. Also in the pastreoal symphony segment there is a god called the god of wine and it shows him drunk on wine. There is also women who are part human and part horse and they are naked and there breasts don't have nipples. So with the exception of the sorcers apprentice segment with Mickey mouse I recommend that kids 11 and up see it because young kids will fall asleep if they don't like classical music unlike me.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTotallyawesome November 15, 2014

A Little Boring

I think that this movie is okay. It is just slightly long and can get pretty boring at times. The scene at the end may be a little scary for younger children but other than that it is pretty appropriate except for one scene with a drunk guy and another scene with a lady's chest.
Parent Written byCarrol23 October 8, 2014

Modestly Unclothed? Yeah, right.

I laughed at the part in the Common Sense Media review where it said, the nymphs are, "Modestly Unclothed." Seriously? Can you be modest and naked at the same time? I don't think so. This movie shows fully naked female fairies and other mythical creatures. I know some people think it's "art," but to me it's just wrong. Even now when I watch it, it doesn't feel quite right. Other than the whole nudity thing, the music is magical and the animation is mesmerizing.
Educator and Parent Written bysarahenit September 1, 2014

Some scary parts

Although my son (who is almost 6) was fine watching Fantasia 2000, he was disturbed by the dinosaur scene in the original version, specifically when the stegosaurus was killed by the carnivorous dinosaur. He was so upset that he actually asked me to post this review on common sense media.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylolifofo September 7, 2013

Not for Everyone

I think I would have liked it better if I had watched it in theater, but I didn't, so i thought it was a little boring and has to skip a few parts. If music is your thing, you'll LOVE Fantasia. The visuals are stunning as well. It's just missing in the storyline.
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2013

Fantasia

No profanity
Parent Written bynyjetsfan9 July 28, 2012

Fantasia- Your Mileage May Vary

There are a lot of things to admire in this movie. Kids will really love the Mickey Mouse segment, The Sorcerer's Apprentice, but outside of that, there is not much immediately geared towards younger kids. I do remember I was able to get through the Bald Mountain sequence OK when I was younger, but be careful about that one. Just remember to watch this one with your kids, otherwise there is a lot of stuff that will confuse or frighten your kids. It is still one of Disney's finest, no doubt about it
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 July 22, 2012

fantasia

are minor quibbles when confronted with the breathtaking artistry that dominates the movie. Families can talk about fantasy vs. reality. How can you tell when something is made up? Can you be sure something is real if you haven't ever seen it? Can something be scary even if you know it's not real?
Teen, 13 years old Written byLedZepFan98 May 6, 2012

A great introduction to film and music

This is a great introduction to film and music.
Parent Written bybohanfamily July 19, 2010

boring

Too boring! I fell asleep watching this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written by4kidshater June 4, 2010

A masterpiece when i ever see one!!!!

This is a masterpiece. It is very very good movie. It has lots of music. It is just wonderful. The brief centaurettes nudity bothers me though. i like it. I give this a austin review collector series.
Teen, 15 years old Written bywho3697cares December 26, 2008

Disney's Masterpiece

Even today, Fantasia is ahead of it's time (and better than the remake, Fantasia 2000).