Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Fantastic Beasts: The Crimes of Grindelwald

Intense, over-full sequel has lots of wizarding violence.

Adult Written bybellharper November 20, 2018

Fantastic Beasts : The Crimes of Grindelwald

This film is better then the first one. It surprised me and my friends when we watch it, the characters are very cool. It gives me more excitement to want to watch it again and get hyped for the next chapter :)

Parent of a 13 and 13 year old Written byKamille G. November 16, 2018

Violent But Amazing!

It had a lot of violence, but overall a good movie for teens. I'm so excited that Credence is back (he's missing the awful haircut now too!) and so is Dumbledore!

Adult Written byjram3030 November 29, 2018

Waste of time and Money

Sequels are rarely very good and this is a case in point. This had nothing to do with the Fantastic Beasts a few appearances was all you got the rest was an endless evolution of Harry Potter type drama. Basically is the Potter series with a new twist, villain, and characters that you will waste money watching. Wait for it to come to Amazon or Netflix. Two hours of nothing, substance, or real plot.
Adult Written bymerlin.2079 November 28, 2018

don't waste your time

this movie was one of most boring movie that I've ever watched even I change my seat in middle of cinema so I can sleep for some moments and I can say I slept for 30min and that was the best moment of the whole movie
Adult Written bysafetk November 26, 2018

FB2

Amazing movie!!! :) can't wait for the next one :)

Adult Written bybigboy29 November 26, 2018

not like the first

okay so i admit i wasnt looking for it to be like the first movie when i watched it but it was good on its own there was plenty to keep you intrested and alot of fun pure magic

Adult Written bypolli g March 13, 2019

i loved it but not for children

personally i as an adult absolutely loved it, but i can take alot of intensity. i counted at least 6 times i was scared out of my seat by the blob. i kept thinking oh dear babies will scream over this. this is a great film but not for young harry potter fans under12 if your tween child can tell difference between film and real life let them see it.
Parent of a 6 year old Written byjannahfirf4 March 7, 2019

This is the second sequel to "Crimes of Grindelwald" that illustrates what will happen, that Grindelwald's crime will be widely reviewed in this film.

This film is very charming and magical. There is a new character a maledictus who adds to the visible world of magic like the real world that really exists. The plot in this film is very detailed and continuous with the sequel to the Harry Potter film. I liked the part when Grindelwald was in the Lestrange family and gave his speech. Grindelwald is very manly and authoritative.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byZaraEi January 6, 2019

Adult Written byGreenThumb January 3, 2019

Nothing vulgar

Scenes of mild fantasy violence are short. Not much else to speak of. Lousy movie but kids can watch it. Setup movie for 3rd installment into franchise.
Parent of a 11 year old Written byhybridauth_user5152 December 31, 2018

Perfect

The main character, Newt, is quite a good role model himself. I mean sure, he got expelled from his school, but he takes care of his magical beasts like if they were his children which is really inspiring. The only weird thing in the movie is when Queenie uses a love potion on Jacob and act like mother/son which might seem like roleplaying. Fortunately, I'm sure most young (non mature) viewers would just think of it as funny.

Adult Written byKwiebus22 December 29, 2018

Parent of a 13 year old Written bySamAtk December 25, 2018

More “cult culture” and scary imagery then last film

Great movie but is darker then the Previous instalment, Grindlewald Is scarier and many more characters are in peril. Kids and minor characters are killed off.

Adult Written byJET2 December 7, 2018

Incredible

Johnny Depp is the best choice for Grindelwald. Amazing chilling performance

Adult Written byJeffchad December 7, 2018

Couldn't sit through it

I am a very big HP fan. I did like the first fantastic beast movie. The sencond one hit home. This is supposed to be a mystical, adventure and encouraging movie. The graphics and characters were great I thought. But when you kill off an infant in the beginning. What the duck. You then kill off another towards the end. Terrible play for all Harry potter fans. Terrible thought that this should be viewed by anyone under 13. You left what made this genre great and tried to bring in drama and death to make it more appealing. You just have now made it so unappetizing that I would probably never see any more of this movie if it becomes more and have now down graded Harry potter for me and probably others. Terrible what you have done.
Parent of a 4, 5, and 9 year old Written byDebi W. December 5, 2018

For the Harry Potter Fans

My 9 year son and I went to see this. He has slowly been introduced to all the Harry Potter movies and just recently saw Deathly Hallows P1 and P2 for the first time to test if he could handle it. If your kid is old enough to play fort nite (shooting guns in a video game) then they are old enough to see this movie.
Adult Written byC_Leopard November 28, 2018

I loved this movie!

I went to see this movie recently with some friends and loved it. I would not suggest for children younger than 10 or 11 years of age to watch it, but parents know their child better than anyone (except the child themself, probably), and I believe that the parent(s) should be capable of assessing whether their child is mature enough to watch movies like this. The violence level, in my opinion, really wasn't too different from that of the Star Wars movies. You do, however, need to be able to pay close attention to the plot and have a decent amount of knowledge about the Harry Potter universe. I would say that if your child is mature and has had prior experience with watching darker, more violent movies, The Crimes of Grindelwald is an excellent one to watch. Note, however, that it is called The Crimes of Grindelwald for a reason, and may not be great for very sensitive kids.
Adult Written bykellym26 November 24, 2018
Adult Written byevery1love November 23, 2018

FB The Crimes Of Grindelwald

Awesome movie :) Great characters,story, visuals, setting, :) Beautiful Can't wait for the FB 3 :)

Written byAnonymous November 23, 2018