All member reviews for Fast Times at Ridgemont High

Teen movie is full of sex, drugs, and misbehavior.

Teen, 15 years old Written byMcCartneyHaim March 22, 2014

Funny at times but EXTREMELY inappropriate!

I am 15 and I absolutely loooove 80s movies. It's almost the only thing I watch. I picked this movie up and thought it looked like a good cheesy 80s flick...It being rated R didn't really bother me. I am mature and can handle mature themes but the amount of sex and nudity in this was really not needed. Me being a sophomore in high school i can kind of relate. I hear references like this all of the time. But this movie made me cringe and I kind of regretted watching it. I can't even count the amount of nasty scenes in this... although there is a lot of humor. As far as the drug use goes... that didn't bother me. This was worse than a lot of rated R movies in the 80s. Although it was a very cheesy movie just like I though it would be... it disappointed me that the characters that were involved in all of this sexual activity were my age and it was kind of supposed to be funny and children need to understand that is not "normal" at that age. But you really shouldn't watch it until you are almost an adult in my opinion.
Kid, 12 years old June 20, 2011

LOL

This is a great movie. Very funny. The best part of the movie is when Jeff ordered pizza in class.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymiranda1993 April 9, 2008

Teen, 16 years old Written bykhenderson21 July 31, 2012

Give it some thought.

I was a little caught off guard when I saw ths movie, even being fully prepared to handle this topic, though I did truly enjoy it. Just know your kid, or you could end up with some od questions.
Adult Written byAcerniki April 16, 2010

Written byAnonymous March 13, 2015

Very racy but funny high school comedy has unsuitable behavior

My rating:R for unsuitable behavior,language throughout,sexual references and some drug use
Teen, 15 years old Written bySirkin reviews June 23, 2012

Sirkin reviews

Everything you wanted in High school is reality in this film.
Teen, 16 years old Written byYakMoose June 16, 2012

Hilarious Movie Keeps On Giving Laughs!

The movie is absolutely hilarious with some very funny/classic scenes. The movie has some nudity but can be veiwed by mature 14 year olds.
Parent Written byIce cream11 February 20, 2012

This is a good movie

This movie is very funny. I don't know if it's ok for kids under age 10 should see this.
Parent Written byChocolatePumpkin February 20, 2012

Good but strange

I thought it was really good but a strange at times.
Educator Written bycaffinegirl85 February 1, 2012

great movie for teens or kids 12 and up my honest opinun!

i love this movie proud to say i was born in the 80's well not 1982 but 1985 anyway i have seen this movie its awesome great 80's fun. yes the movie would be right rated R cause there are some bad lanuage sexual stuff and drug use. i would recommend teens to watch this movie or kids 12 and up atleast they'll be 13 soon my cousin is 12 going on 13 by next September so a movie like this he can totally watch. this would be a better movie like i said for teens or kids 12 and up btw awesome movie just love it!
Parent of a 12 year old Written bydramaqueen@hotm... September 2, 2011

a movie mostly for older kids and teens 12 and up!

this is the kinda movie for older kids mostly teens or 12 and up i love the movie i really do great 80's fun!
Teen, 14 years old Written byilpc July 29, 2011

A Perfect Teenage Comedy

Fast Times is a perfect example of what good writing, directing, and acting can do. This film has moments of pure honesty that I've never seen before in a teen comedy. If you're 14 or older, you'll love it, at least you should. I never met anyone who saw it and didn't like it. Also, little kids should not see it. It talks about things and shows things that they're not ready for yet. I love this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhitchman August 20, 2010

Hey Bud, Let's Party!

This movie is "Awesome! Totally Awesome!"
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Funny

This was a hilarious movie. I cracked up at the pizza part. i would rate it R for sexual content, language, and some violence.
Teen, 17 years old Written byoctober1985 July 13, 2009

It's a 1980's teen film, sort of like the american pie of the 1980's, though this has more heart than the other gross out teen sex comedies. It's a great movie and I enjoyed it at 10 when I first saw it. There is plenty of nudity and drug use though.
Adult Written bySettingXSail January 11, 2009
Adult Written byfenixataris182 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bylafpiper13 April 9, 2008

it is a good movie

it is a funny movie there are a few parts in it that arent appriote abd a few uses of the f word and one person uses drugs but other then that it is a good movie. i think it tells things like it is and that everything you do can have consquences. i wouldnt let my younger sisters see it (because one is 10 and the other is 7) but i would tell my friends if they get a chance to see it they should