All member reviews for Father of the Bride

Steve Martin's sweet-natured wedding weepy.

Parent of a 12 year old Written byTsion April 9, 2008

Great, Fun, Family Night Entertainment!

I hadn't seen FATHER OF THE BRIDE before and decided to give it a try. I was impressed. The movie follows George Banks, the average father who has to deal with his daughter Annie, who suddenly returns from studies in Rome with the news that she's marrying. The groom is perfect, the in-laws kind, and the wedding consultant Franc (a HILAROIUS Martin Short) is great, so what's there to deal with? George (Steve Martin) and his wife Nina (Diane Keaton) have to deal with letting their daughter go. And since it's Steve Martin we're talking about, we know we're in for some laughs along the way. Sex is minor, with one innuendo. When Annie and the groom Brian go for a drive, George accidentally belts "don't forget to fasten your condom" instead of seatbelt. Violence consists of some comic pratfalls, and there is no language. This is great family entertainment. There is something in it for everybody. Highly recommended.
Teen, 17 years old Written bysarah418 April 9, 2008

Kid, 11 years old October 23, 2009

Great for tweens and teens!

LOVE IT! Not for under 11, but older will love it!I I know i did!
Parent of a 8 and 11 year old Written byKelly_P October 8, 2009

Great mom & daughter movie for tweens on up

Great movie! I can't believe I haven't watched this with my 11 year old daughter yet. The main character is a great role model as a terrific big sister, smart independent daughter and very mature young woman. Only one sexual innuendo--George slips and says "be sure to fasten your condoms" as they head out for a date. Watching this is on my to-do list for this weekend.
Adult Written bypattic April 9, 2008

funny for older kids

younger kids might not get the humor. there are two scenes that made me uncomfortable in the same 5 minutes. father says"don't forget to wear a condom" and then mother and father discuss how " we did it in every room of my parents house"
Parent of a 10 and 12 year old Written bycoloradorich May 18, 2013

Steve Martin is absolutely hilarious as the over-anxious dad; I'd go 12 and up on this one.

CSM's review missed the fact that there are several sexual references: the parents talk about how 'we did it in every room of your parent's house when we were younger', there's a condom gag reference, and two scenes of deep kissing to be aware of.
Teen, 17 years old Written byMsMovies May 9, 2013

Sex: 3/10 - Violence 1/10 - Language 1/10 - Drinking 1/10

Another great movie for everybody! It had some mild things in it, but nothing that older kids and tweens cannot see. The sex was very mild; there were o actual sex scenes, just a few sexual lines and some kissing. *The worst and most intense part is when Steve accidentally tells his daughter to fasten her condom, meaning to say seatbelt. *In one scene, Brian and Annie kiss with passion for about ten seconds, but this is all that happens. This scene is played for laughs. *There is some mind kissing between Brian and Annie at the wedding and some kissing between Steve and Diane. *There is a scene where Brian gives Annie a blender as a wedding gift. Annie over reacts and thinks that it mean something sexual, but this is not what it means. -- There is not really any violence in this film. The absolute worst thing that happens is in a scene where two dogs growl and chase Steve into a pool, but they do not harm him or bite him. -- There is some mild language, but no sh*ts or b*tches. Very clean even for a PG rated movie. There are some moments when people say "Oh my God" and they yell at each other, but no actual swears. -- The drinking in this film is very mild. *A man takes his son in law out to a bar just to talk with him. *People drink alchohal in a few scenes. (NOTE: all the drinking in this film is done in a friendly way)
Adult Written byaidans1 March 20, 2015

Great Steve Martin film he has done it again

In this movie there is one scene were Brian and George go to a bar but nobody gets drunk they barley are shown drinking and one scene were Brian and Annie are shown making out for a couple of seconds but that will go ver most kids heads anyway a great Steve Martin Movie
Kid, 9 years old September 5, 2011

romance

weird
Teen, 13 years old Written bysillywiz May 14, 2011

Family Movie

Graet movie. Great, Emphazises on growing up and getting married and letting your children go, and move on.
Teen, 15 years old Written bystripesanddots May 14, 2011

I LOVE this movie! It's so cute and funny. There are a few iffy lines. I think it's okay for 11+.
Kid, 11 years old October 5, 2009

perfect for all ages

I LOVE this movie!!!!! :) it is the best movie ever has great father daughter stuff! it reminds me of me and my dad except when i get married i will miss my family and my parents!!!! This was funny,cute, and sooooo sweet!!!!
Parent of a 2, 10, and 14 year old Written bypharesml October 2, 2009

Adorable family movie...

My daughters love it and want to watch it all the time! (I want the soundtrack from this!) The father/daughter relationship is so sweet! A teensy bit iffy; one sexual innuendo that I can remember.
Kid, 11 years old September 27, 2009

Perfect for 10+ or with an older sibling

I loved this movie. It's really funny and sweet. It's a very good movie!

Teen, 15 years old Written byangze9211 April 9, 2008

Adult Written bylorif April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bypurplecatroo April 9, 2008

Very Funny!

Good for Teens but i regret letting my siblings who are 9 and 10 watch because of a couple innapproaite lines
Teen, 15 years old Written bymovie_Nerd102 April 9, 2008