Parent reviews for Fight Club

Lurid, twisted, and violent movie has mature themes.

Adult Written byMarco G. November 5, 2017

It is not good for the teens

Adult Written byPure H. July 3, 2017

Fight Club

Fight Club has strong bloody violence throughout, however the mature themes will depend whether or not the viewer is ready to see the film. The film deals with issues of male identity, consumerism and there are also some subtle sexual frustration themes too. The chances are that many won't be able to fully understand these themes until they have a mature mindset so I'd recommend Fight Club for more mature viewers.

RATING SYSTEM:

A - Adults

MY RECOMMENDED AGE RATING:

Fight Club - Rated M for strong bloody violence, sex
Adult Written byJoe J. March 9, 2017

It's not until we've lost everything, that we're free to do anything.

Only movie to me that feels long, but in a good way.
Adult Written byBatZoid123 February 14, 2017

Still one of my favorite films

Fight Club is a great movie, but full of dark themes. I saw this film at a young age and still love it to this day. I would recommend letting mature 13 year olds watch, and any teenager from 14 and up.

Adult Written bydarthsitkur February 9, 2017

I'm totally about to break the first two rules

To sum up fight club in one way, it's trippy, but I had fun with it lol. to describe it genre wise, it's not really a drama, it's more of a really funny crime comedy with plenty of brutal fights and belly laughs, and Tyler durden is one of the coolest fictional characters you could ask for, I mean, he definitely reminds me of myself since he has the I don't give a shit kind of attitude, hahahahaha
Adult Written byKrishnaSameer K. December 12, 2016

Adult Written bymoviefan1980s September 6, 2016

Mind-bending and very amazing.

"Fight Club is a mind-bending and very amazing film. Edward Norton and Brad Pitt shine. Not for children at all.

Adult Written byAdreanna C. August 16, 2016

Good but very innapropriate

Fight club is a violent movie with alot of innapropriate scenes for kids. I recommend that you don't let your child see this movie. Although I'm only twelve I do think this movis is a little but too much. Alot of swearing violence and innapropriate scenes. But if you think your ready, go for it, it's a very mysterious action packed movie.

Adult Written byjmo97 May 17, 2016

Thought-provoking, but disturbing and twisted

First of all, let me say that the entire cast is very good in this movie, and Brad Pitt was INCREDIBLE as Tyler Durden. The themes about how some people try to make it through their lives without being depressed is pretty engaging. While I don't fully understand it, I would like to, which is good for a movie. However, it is most certainly not for kids.
There are some very disturbing scenes of violence: most of the fight scenes in the fight club are pretty bloody, and the ending is pretty tense with a rough fight and a gunshot to the head; a man's dead corpse is shown with bloody bullet wounds; there is an unsettling scene where a character suffers a chemical burn on his hand; there are scenes where Tyler Durden threatens violence to an unarmed man and shouts dispiriting comments to other people to get them to not feel emotion.
For sexual content, there is a sex scene with nudity, a glimpse of some sexual objects on a drawer, and some crude sexual references (child molestation and a man growing breasts).
For language, there is a ton of f-bombs and other curse words.
A very interesting movie indeed, but parents need to be very cautious if they consider letting older, mature teens see it.

Adult Written byFreedomwindow January 1, 2015

Will Change Your Life For The Better

Adult Written byABullworthy September 2, 2014

Great movie, very violent

Fight Club is amazing and one of my favourite movies. Very bloody and intense fight scenes but no guts or gore just very bloody nose and mouth bleeds. Not very sexual but one sex scenene. SPOILER! A man shoots him self and blood comes out his ear and nose but he dosent die. There is around 100 f-words. Definitely recommend it. 14+.

Adult Written byMostlysane June 23, 2013

Great FOR THE RIGHT AUDIENCE

While the movie was entertaining, I believe this movie would be difficult for teens (even older) to watch unless they are very mature.
Obviously *SPOILERS* there is an abundance of violent fighting, but there is also sexual nudity of both males and females, loud off-screen sex, distorted on-screen sex, violent non-fighting acts such as arson/chemical burning/gun threats, morbid job of collecting human fat to make soap, and excessive swearing (including the F word, but I found this trivial among the other events). I disliked the main characters whimsically committing crimes. *END SPOILERS*

Please, anyone looking for advice, read my review and wonder whether or not you or another viewer would be okay with viewing this. All this said, IT IS STILL a good movie for those who can handle it. It's very entertaining and thought provoking.
But please, don't take teens 14 y/o or younger.

Adult Written byrivyuwer October 24, 2011

No Problem for Mature Teens

Showed this to my younger brother at 15 because I trusted he wouldn't repeat the language or violence depicted. Fantastic film and fantastic novel. Highly recommend although I think it would be a bit awkward watching with a parent!

Adult Written bycian93 April 27, 2011

For mature audiences

First off, this is an excellent film and I think everyone should see it at some stage.

That said, it is very violent and has a lot of sex in it. It's probably not going to do any harm to anyone who's about 15 but the messages it pushes can easily be misinterpreted. It's not difficult to imagine that some teenagers or even adults will think of it as glorification of violence and rebellion.

Parent of a 6 and 12-year-old Written bySharkfit. April 11, 2011

18 and up.

Do not let your kids see this movie. It is a great movie
But it's rated r for many good reasons. I saw it when I was in my 20's. 18 and up.

Adult Written bygravyfury October 6, 2010

Great movie to watch when your with your guy friends. Not for kids or chicks.

Great movie but NOT for little kids.

Parent of a 10 and 12-year-old Written bybradmurray July 15, 2010

Parent Written byPlague February 18, 2010
Awesome movie. Very violent with plenty of blood, but humor to go along with it.
Adult Written bymshotstuff February 5, 2010

This Is A Man's Movie..

Once in a while you come across a film that can change the way you see your own place in life. Fight Club is that kind of movie. Ed Norton portrays a “nameless” character that almost every person watching can relate to. Brad Pitt makes the most of his character to its maximum potential with the guy that every male watching wishes he could be. The supporting cast is incredible, the film’s dark humor and grainy atmosphere sets the viewer in their world which strong resembles the one we live in. Every line that Brad Pitt’s character “Tyler Durden” voices makes worthy of an instant quote for years to come. Words cannot explain the power the movie hold and only all of your senses can take in this terrific masterpiece.

Adult Written by4Spice October 22, 2009

funny bloody violence 16 over

the movie is okay cool fighting some parts and alot of funny parts truth is 16 and over because it has some scenes of nudity and bloody violence worth watching not worth buying