All member reviews for Final Destination 5

More elaborate, inevitable deaths in grisly, gory franchise.

NOT FOR KIDS

Learning(i)

Teen, 13 years old Written byAbbieSimpson August 24, 2011

Not that bad.

OK- let me start of by saying Common Sense went a little overboard with the whole "Not For Kids" thing. I saw this movie today and I didn't think it was that bad. I mean yea, there was violence, people did get impaled and brutally killed but there wasn't as much blood as in previous films. The most gory scene was probably the acupuncture scene where all the needles get shoved into him and it still wasn't as gory as what has been shown in the past. They're not showing people's insides in this one so it is not as gross as you would think. As for the plot, this one was MUCH better than the fourth and third installments to the series. The ending was actually great! Especially if you have seen the previous films. I think most people 13 or older could handle this movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviefan1011 August 15, 2011

Final Destination series gets a little better...

I, personally, am a fan of the series, and I, after seeing all of them, know that these are definitely not for the faint of heart. Kids should not see this; the violence will most likely will be too much for them too handle. Now I would like to make several points about this film. First off, this probably the best entry in the series, and if they end it now, they would be ending in a much higher note than the last one did. Secondly, I like the fact that they did not have any sex scenes (which the last one had). Also, although gory, this isn't the goriest in the series. More blood is shown here than actual insides of people (which the last one showed alot of). Another thing is, swearing isn't much of an issue here. The f-word is only used about 4 or 5 times, and not in sexual meaning. And the last and most important point is that this movie puts a several surprise twists. One thing I also noticed is that the kills were more surprising; you'd expect them to die in one way, but they die in another. You will never see them coming. this movie is also somewhat--and thankfully--unpredictable. And if you are a fan of the series, you will probably and most likely like the ending. Now when it comes to 3-D overall its alright. The best 3-D is probably in the opening credits when things fall through the screen and glass shatters all over. So, personally, I would give this movie a 4 out of 5 star rating, but professionally a 2 out of 5 star rating. If your a fan of the series or you just like horror movies with not much of a great story, you'll most likely enjoy this film and its originality. If your care about good stories or are easily nauseated, you won't probably like this.
Teen, 14 years old Written bytaylorswift2122 August 12, 2011

don't waste your time

dumb movie don't waste your time
Teen, 17 years old Written byabbacus January 7, 2013

Just Okay.

Better than FD4 by far. Actually one of the better movies in this franchise. My problem with these movies is that by now the concept is old and you know exactly what will happen just by seeing the previous ones. Older teens will probably like it, though.
Parent Written bytvj February 4, 2012

Please think about what you are letting your family watch

Heightening of the lack of moral regard for life and decay of our cultures choice of entertainment.
Teen, 16 years old Written bykojitheman October 30, 2011

awesome

Great movie.Best in the series. My rating: GRuesome violence, and some language
Kid, 12 years old September 3, 2011

Okay for middle-age teens and up

this movie is one of the goriest movies ever. it honestly has nothing bad. a lady takes of this skimpy shirt and reveals her bra but she is outside and nothing was thought of it. it has alot of violence. Tripple violence. there is alot of cussing just one seen of a guy smoking and adults drinking wine on a date
Kid, 11 years old August 29, 2011

What I Heard... NOOOOO!!!! :(

Let me put it in words for you. SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK SICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If I could quadruple the violence button id do it a million times. Stay AWAY!!! kids its a no no
Kid, 11 years old August 18, 2011

"Final Destination 5" movie review

Of course not for kids to young but I personally like movies like this. There were 4 other movies like this though, so you probably know what this movie is going to be like. To me, it all depends on how you handle these kind of movies
Teen, 13 years old Written byNewts_Princess March 18, 2015

Best Movie Of The Final Destination Series!!!

This is SO the best movie of ALL the Final Destination movies. I can relate to Candice a lot more than I have with any other character and I find that when you can relate to a character in a movie, you get such a more in-depth experience. Although there is a lot of gore and blood than the original it definitely adds more to the story. Best Final Destination movie EVER!!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 28, 2014

Probably not worth watching. The only thing bad in it is a couple of blood filled deaths that are just as funny as they are gruesome.
Teen, 17 years old Written bySoccergirl25 December 26, 2013

5 Star Movie

Great movie i loved it im watching these movies on Megashare they are so interesting im almost done watching all the movies.
Parent Written byGuyaguy October 26, 2013

Nonsense death scenes

Stupid accidental deaths of kids, which might scare kids watching the movie and turn them into hypochondriacs. A girl falls from gymnast uneven parallel bars and snaps her back in half from falling on her head, which would happen if you had a back made of string cheese. Another girl simply falls against a high rise office window breaking it and falling to her death, which is just nonsense and goes against physics.
Kid, 9 years old September 19, 2013

Fd 5

Final destination is a good movie but still just as bad as the others Violence:In many scenes there is alot of horrible gory deaths and just plain gory if your child has seen the others then go ahead it is no worse Drinking drugs and smoking:In a few scenes there is people doing shots there is people getting angry and drunk and throwing the drinks and in very few scenes people can be seen smoking language:In many scenes there is people saying F**ck Motherf***er c**nt Pri*k and a whiny whore and most used as insults or people getting angry. That is all hoped this helped
Teen, 16 years old Written byndrwcd December 12, 2012

i could name several movies for 2011 that are better than this overhyped heap of garbage you people call movies

ok can someone tell me what is so fun about people getting killed in random grusome ways because for me that`s sickening and disgusting and i`m a 16 year old male too[normally guys my age seem to like that stuff]
Teen, 15 years old Written byGSP October 5, 2012

Positive reception earning fifth entry contains brutal violence and some language.

The fifth entry in the "Final Destination" franchise is suprisingly great. Although it has horrific brutal violent accidents, and some language. Recommended for kids 15 and up.
Kid, 11 years old September 16, 2012

Final Destination

The Movie is about teens that just end up dying very brutally , nothing really interesting.
Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2012

Educational Movie

Although this movie has been accused of being gruesome and violent, it's actually very educational for kids of all ages. For example, this movie teaches you to never get laser eye surgery, because a drinking fountain may get water on a wire, causing the machine to malfunction and melt your eyes and hands and cause you scream and fall out the window of a two-story building.
Teen, 13 years old Written bycontagiouus August 15, 2012

review

The deaths are so gory, yet fake, that more people will probably be laughing than getting scared.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPrincessCharmed797 August 2, 2012

Final Destination 5

it's a sequel to final destination.