Want personalized picks that fit your family?

Set preferences to see our top age-appropriate picks for your kids.

Get age-based picks

Parent reviews for Final Destination

Teens fear the reaper in this so-so thriller.

Parent of a 12 year old Written bydst794 January 4, 2013

THE COMMON SENSE REVIEW IS WRONG-- THERE IS NUDITY

I selected this movie based on the lack of sex/nudity listed. It is an error. There is a section where the main charactor is reading a Penthouse magazine and Common Sense says that we only see the outside of the magazine however, the inside of the magazine is shown and you can CLEARLY see a shirtless woman with her breasts exposed. There are also frequent uses of the work d-ck. Please know this before you watch it.

Adult Written byBishop Loves Gir September 14, 2011

scary and a little gory

It is creepy!A plane explodes and people survive.Later , a woman is hit by a bus,a man is strangled by a tub wire,a woman is caught in a explosion and a man's head is cut in half.wich is the goriest scene.But thats it.hoped it helped

Adult Written byJSchnier November 9, 2013

Rated PG - 13 for Strong Violence and Terror, and Language

Violence - 8/10 Sex - 2/10 Language - 9/10 Alcohol/Drugs - 1/10

Adult Written bygrapelover46 September 14, 2012

NOT FOR KIDS

Adult Written byLuke M. August 5, 2017

My personal favourite horror

Yes, it's violent and has a fair amount of bad language, but as an effective horror movie this is really fun. I'm putting 13 and over as an estimate because I was 13 when I first saw it, honestly it depends on how much the child can take, if they're anything like I was and they've seen other violent and/or scary films before then this shouldn't be a problem, however that's something you need to decide.
Adult Written by[email protected] December 8, 2009

GOOD FILM FOR KIDS 16 AND UP

Gory movie may frighten young kids

Parent Written byStepMomSterToo June 26, 2010

Gory, Slasher Flick

This movie is so gory. I saw it as an older teen. Don't watch if you're squeamish. Definitely would not call this a classic. Not a bad movie, though, if you like slasher flicks. Definitely the only one in the Final Destination series worth watching.

Parent of a 6 and 11 year old Written bychandler.amanda September 17, 2009
i did let my 6 year old watch a good bit of this movie. all parents are different regarding what they find ok for their kids, for me i definitely do not allow them to watch anything sexual or realistically violent. of course i warned him to not look at any of the death scenes other than the airplane part. the site review was wrong on sexual content however. it states that we only see the cover of the Penthouse magazine so I didn't tell him to look away and we actually see a nude woman on the page for a good few seconds so I was upset about that. Just use caution in determining if your children should see it or not.

Written byAnonymous February 26, 2017
This is a good movie but has some gore and blood in it and one sex scene where breasts are shown but is a pretty good movie.
Adult Written byGDTSP July 3, 2012

Notsogood

I saw number 2 and liked it, but this one not so much, less death, less gore, too long between death, and has boring stretches. Much prefer the more fast moving sequels but number 4 is bad

Adult Written bywonder dove May 22, 2012

The best in the series! This film was terrific. It's not hauntingly scary but has it's creepy moments throughout. Very fun and chilling. Devon Sawa (the main male character) was absolutely perfect to play the part - his reactions were so believable and intense. Partnered with Ali Larter..where can you go wrong? Good death scenes and a fun eerie atmosphere. Excellent for horror fans 15 and up I'd say!

Parent of a 6, 8, and 10 year old Written byTheDecider December 31, 2010

OK for older kids 16+

As an adult I liked this movie, however the rating notes for parents to watch for is INCORRECT. They do show an inside page of the PENTHOUSE; there is heavy swearing throughout the entire movie. Please change how this movie ratings are noted to be accurate THANK YOU!!!!
Parent Written byPlague January 7, 2010

Final Destination

The best out of all the Final Destination movies by far. The sequels dont even compare.
Adult Written byxtrole October 23, 2009

Great movie but you gotta be at least a teenager.

The movie is gory and bloody. There is some language and very minimal sexual material. Overall a thrilling film that should please anyone who can stomach the bloody scenes.

Adult Written byfenixataris182 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byLewis Woodhall May 8, 2012

Age Restriction...

Good film! =) The least scariest and goriest out of the whole series... WARNING! 14/15+ Contains strong gory horror.

Adult Written byjoshua martinez August 17, 2011

16 and up.

Final Destination is a poor movie made about death killing people and parents you need to know that final destination has a lot of gruesome intense bloody violence and some strong language used.

Adult Written bycallofduty5 July 24, 2010
Good movie not over the top like final destination 4 good for mature audiences 16+ not really gory pretty thrilling.