All member reviews for Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within

First computer animated movie to "star" actors.

Teen, 15 years old Written byEnclave August 17, 2012

Impressive animation and uniquely driven story.

I personally really enjoyed this movie, but was disappointed that it didn't do well at the box office. This movie I feel is under-rated. The problem with this movie is that it may have been too spiritual for american audiences, but I thought it included a enough of a scientific point of view that it made it interesting. The story itself is pretty good and should keep most science fiction fans interested. The movie itself features some scenes of violence, the overall theme of the movie is pretty mature and premature minds may not get some of the concepts. Ghosts or "phantoms" travel around the barren world of Earth and humans survive, hiding in barrier cities that keep the phantoms from consuming their "bio energy" nicknamed "souls". The violence in the movie is not graphic, but may be disturbing as many civilians are slaughtered by phantoms and there are some conflicts between the human factions. There is one kissing scene in the movie that lasts for a prolonged moment, but is still very mild. Other than that there is only very minor suggestive sexual themes, one character jokes about a machine causing him sterility as he expresses his want to have kids some day. This movie isn't for everyone, but keep an open mind and you might enjoy it.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byYBNormal January 7, 2009
Adult Written byForknose April 9, 2008

Final Fantasy Meets the Silver Screen

It is Final Fantasy! It is movie! Alright so Cloud or Yuna aren't in this one but it is great. You don't control anyone, but it is almost as fun as playing anyway. FFVII, FFX, FFII, and FFIII are better tho.
Teen, 16 years old Written byRyanRaptor August 19, 2012

I was only able to watch about 15 minutes before they used J***s name in vain. Probably means there is a lot of language in the movie to come.
Teen, 15 years old Written byevolinag August 27, 2011

The first FF movie is animated very well, but has an average script.

The first "Final Fantasy" movie, based upon the popular video game franchise is visually at the highest level, the computer generated character look very realistic, but it has a script like an average Hollywood blockbuster. The movie is definitely okay to watch, but the optical look is everything that makes it worth watching. This movie has some dark scenes, creatures and some violent action scenes. But the movie is not that strong, so it is suitable for children 10 and up.
Kid, 11 years old December 2, 2010
maybe watch
Teen, 14 years old Written byLadypurple August 21, 2010
My friend and I watched it and I loved it! She was a bit confused so I had to explain some parts again.
Kid, 12 years old August 16, 2010

good for teens

love it! if you dont' try advent children, not too violent, and no suggestive content
Teen, 15 years old Written bySoap MacTavish August 25, 2009

I couldn't get past the first 5 minutes

VERY BORING!
Parent of a 11, 15, and 18 year old Written byJulieKryger1970 January 5, 2009
Adult Written byAshnak April 9, 2008

Good scifi

This is a decent scifi movie using computers
Adult Written byzelda dude April 9, 2008