All parent member reviews for Finding Nemo

Adult Written byJanelleam October 20, 2011

Too harrowing for my 4 year old.

I took others' advice and skipped past the beginning in order for my just turned 4 year old daughter to watch the movie, but it was still way to much for her. The whole movie is one big harrowing moment after another. Even the parts that aren't outright scary are still too dramatic for my little girl to take. We made it through the whole thing, but had to fast forward past the sharks and pretty much every other part where the fish were in peril...which is pretty much the whole movie. Also, was really not pleased with the "I HATE YOU" part. I have friends with kids her age that like this movie a lot, but had I known it was going to be like this, I would have waited at least 2 years before letting her see it.
Parent Written bypeacocksc7 June 25, 2011

The best disney kid comedy movie ever!!

my son is 14 months old & watches this every single day. Im serious. Of course he doesnt understand it yet, however, I think it is a great humor movie for adults & children. It can teach a lesson to children about listening to your parents, & what can happen if you dont listen to them. Great movie!!
Parent of a 2 and 5 year old Written byJennrleigh April 16, 2011

LOVE IT!!!

My kids love this movie. There are a couple of pretty scary parts , so it is important to watch it with your child so you can reassure them that it will be OK. Finding Nemo has such a wonderful message about not giving up ("Just keep swimming"). Ellen DeGeneres is fantastic as Dory. It is funny and sweet and a family favorite in our house! Plus what a comforting message for kids...that your parents will do anything to keep their kiddos safe! :)
Parent of a 3 year old Written bysallmond March 14, 2011

I

Only concerns were already mentioned in the CCM review. This movie is GREAT but i think most of us know this :P It all boils down to "know your kid"...and make decisions based on that. My son started watching it at 2 and never had any issues with it until he was actually a little older. At that point, we were able to say things like 'they are ok, remember? you have seen this before!"
Parent of a 5 year old Written byInconceivable March 5, 2011
Parent of a 2, 8, and 17 year old Written byJanlara January 7, 2011

Parent of a 2 and 4 year old Written byrklee September 7, 2010

I loved this movie as well. But I was surprised no one mentioned the part near the beginning when Nemo looks his dad in the eye and says, "I hate you." I don't want my kids to think that's an okay thing to say to parents.
Parent of a 5 and 5 year old Written bymdpack August 18, 2010

Good entertainment for young kids

We love Finding Nemo for the silly lines and the fun action sequences. Dori is somewhat of a favorite in our house because she can read and the boys are learning to read.
Parent of a 6 and 8 year old Written byjoannab July 11, 2010

Parent of a 7 and 9 year old Written byKunmingMom July 1, 2010

suspense/peril is frightening for little ones

My kids had a hard time with the scary scenes as pre-schoolers, but loved the story. There's lots to love about this one, and they've grown into it now.
Adult Written by4Spice June 13, 2010

good movie for kids

kids will love it nothing bad in the movie
Parent of a 2, 8, and 11 year old Written byDa Nerd May 20, 2010

sweet

Sweet. -Da nerd
Parent Written byPrincess Samara May 3, 2010

This movie is my kids favorite!
Parent of a 2 year old Written byonline pokies March 23, 2010

Perfect for all ages

Nice movie and funny ;-)
Parent of a 4 year old Written bykathybu February 22, 2010

my 4-year old distressed about Nemo's mother

I thought this movie was great, and showed it to my 4-year-old after seeing the 4+ recommendation here. But my daughter sobbed quite a lot after the movie was over, and has fixated on what happened to Nemo's mother, and why he wasn't reunited with her at the end of the movie. I guess she's more sensitive than the typical child of her age.
Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bycelinac January 26, 2010

Breathtaking animation. Talented vocal work. A well-written screenplay. Another Pixar success.
Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010

AMAZING

awesome! i loved it when i first watched. pixar is brilliant family fun (and most of their movies have made it to the top 250) negatives are Nemo telling his father he hates him and runs off, disobeying him (which irons out in the end and nemo learns his lesson), some scariness caused by sharks and other sea creatures,.and some mild peril. but still awesome. if you have kids under 4 or 5 you may want to watch it first. if they are 6 or older you probably have nothing to worry about. definitely worth a watch.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bychrispitts December 22, 2009

Kidz Love It

I love it my 2yr old daughter is in love with this movie, she loves all the fish they r so cute she says.Lots of bright colors and fun fish.Its good for the kids to learn about whats in the sea as well.
Adult Written bydrummer66 December 16, 2009

i would have to say this is pixtar's best movie, it should be rated G
Parent of a 7 year old Written bynette525 November 16, 2009

How Nemo can help you educate your children

My whole family loved it and my grandchildren looked at me and said granny that's why you told us not to go anywhere without a grown up being with us because you don't wont anyone to take us and their mom and dad told them yes.But i think it also shows everyone that even though you have a handicap don't let it stop you from doing what you wont to do that you can make something with your life.