All parent member reviews for Finding Nemo

Educator and Parent of a 5 and 7 year old Written bycelinac January 26, 2010
Breathtaking animation. Talented vocal work. A well-written screenplay. Another Pixar success.
Adult Written byrockmonster January 23, 2010

AMAZING

awesome! i loved it when i first watched. pixar is brilliant family fun (and most of their movies have made it to the top 250) negatives are Nemo telling his father he hates him and runs off, disobeying him (which irons out in the end and nemo learns his lesson), some scariness caused by sharks and other sea creatures,.and some mild peril. but still awesome. if you have kids under 4 or 5 you may want to watch it first. if they are 6 or older you probably have nothing to worry about. definitely worth a watch.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bychrispitts December 22, 2009

Kidz Love It

I love it my 2yr old daughter is in love with this movie, she loves all the fish they r so cute she says.Lots of bright colors and fun fish.Its good for the kids to learn about whats in the sea as well.
Adult Written bydrummer66 December 16, 2009
i would have to say this is pixtar's best movie, it should be rated G
Parent of a 7 year old Written bynette525 November 16, 2009

How Nemo can help you educate your children

My whole family loved it and my grandchildren looked at me and said granny that's why you told us not to go anywhere without a grown up being with us because you don't wont anyone to take us and their mom and dad told them yes.But i think it also shows everyone that even though you have a handicap don't let it stop you from doing what you wont to do that you can make something with your life.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byJimL November 9, 2009
My daughter has seen most of this movie at least a dozen times and we still skip over the scariest part at the beginning, but she now enjoys all of the rest of the film and its one of her favorites. As a father, I love this film, it really captures some of my emotions over the conflict between keeping my kids safe but encouraging them to confident and enjoy life.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written bycwyatt October 26, 2009

Ocean adventure with no 2 yr old fright.

This is one of about 6 movies I would show to a 2 yr old. At 2, they are too young to understand that sharks are scary. The shark scene is pretty short and mild. This is one of my go-to movies on sick days.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymy.hero.ty August 17, 2009

It's alright for my 2 year old

My 2 year old loves it. There are some scary parts that spook him but he loves watching this movie. It's also educational because it talks about the ocean at times. He loves to act like Bruce the shark. I guess it all depends on the child.
Parent Written bymom2punkynbear July 30, 2009
Great for 4+, iffy for 2-3y/o. You have to know your child. If your child isn't phased by things with sharp teeth chasing main characters, go for it.
Parent of an infant and 4 year old Written byrevolords July 26, 2009
The mother dies and nemo is abducted. The first 15 minutes is terrifying for a little kid. I do NOT recommend this movie for anyone under 5.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bySeven07 July 3, 2009

good

I don't really think the scenes get too tense or are too violent. I think this has beat after beat of positive messages and I approve this movie!
Parent of a 4 year old Written byRoysMyBoy May 28, 2009
Adult Written byMom_and_Son February 13, 2009

Cute, funny the whole way through!!!

This movie is funny and adorable, if u like cute animated pixar movies, this movie is perfect for you!
Parent of an infant year old Written byChristianKight January 18, 2009
Parent of a 2 year old Written byDesiredLoginName January 8, 2009
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion December 23, 2008

A Hilarious, Family-Friendly Film from our Favorite...Pixar!

PIXAR is just a great studio. Let me say that first. Not a single one of their films is of low quality or inappropriate. This is no exception. The only iffy part of the movie is when Marlon's wife is killed by a shark, which some kids will be scared by. Marlon is playfully chasing his wife around, and they see a shark. Instead of going back into protection, Coral (the wife) swims down to where her eggs are buried, and the shark dives after her. Marlon tries to halt it, but it slaps him into an anemone and he blacks out. When he wakes, Coral and all but one scratched egg are missing. That's all there is. This is a great family film. Adults will love it too.
Adult Written byseapups4me April 9, 2008
Adult Written byLanie7/21 April 9, 2008

My Daughters Favorite Movie

I knew we were in trouble when my duaghter knew who Nemo was before she even knew what TV was. We borrowed this movie from a friend when my daughter was sick and laying on the couch. She absolutely loved it. While at 2.5 she can't really grasp the concept of death she handled the first sence very well. The only part that truely scared her was with the sharks, but you can fast foward through most of this without interfering with the main story. My daughters favorite parts incude the turtles and the fish making different shapes. Overall a great movie.
Adult Written byPanya April 9, 2008

...

I took my mother and 2 1/2-year-old nephew to see this. My mom and I both loved it -- my nephew fell asleep about half-way through, but watched the whole thing after we bought the DVD -- then kept asking to watch it again (over and over!). After Nemo's mom's death, he kept asking, "Where'd da Mommy go?" We told him, and he said, "Oh, that's sad" and "Oh, that's MEAN!" During the 'scary' parts, he covered his eyes, though I could tell he wasn't *truly* scared (I think that's just his reaction because if we're watching television and something violent or scary happens unexpectedly, we tell him to cover his eyes until we change the channel). He really enjoyed the different animals, and was interested in what was going on, asking lots of questions. I'd recommend this to anyone, as long as parents think their kids can handle the more serious themes and scariness.
Adult Written bybourkr April 9, 2008