All parent member reviews for Finding Nemo

Parent of a 2 year old Written byDesiredLoginName January 8, 2009

Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion December 23, 2008

A Hilarious, Family-Friendly Film from our Favorite...Pixar!

PIXAR is just a great studio. Let me say that first. Not a single one of their films is of low quality or inappropriate. This is no exception. The only iffy part of the movie is when Marlon's wife is killed by a shark, which some kids will be scared by. Marlon is playfully chasing his wife around, and they see a shark. Instead of going back into protection, Coral (the wife) swims down to where her eggs are buried, and the shark dives after her. Marlon tries to halt it, but it slaps him into an anemone and he blacks out. When he wakes, Coral and all but one scratched egg are missing. That's all there is. This is a great family film. Adults will love it too.
Adult Written byseapups4me April 9, 2008

Adult Written byLanie7/21 April 9, 2008

My Daughters Favorite Movie

I knew we were in trouble when my duaghter knew who Nemo was before she even knew what TV was. We borrowed this movie from a friend when my daughter was sick and laying on the couch. She absolutely loved it. While at 2.5 she can't really grasp the concept of death she handled the first sence very well. The only part that truely scared her was with the sharks, but you can fast foward through most of this without interfering with the main story. My daughters favorite parts incude the turtles and the fish making different shapes. Overall a great movie.
Adult Written byPanya April 9, 2008

...

I took my mother and 2 1/2-year-old nephew to see this. My mom and I both loved it -- my nephew fell asleep about half-way through, but watched the whole thing after we bought the DVD -- then kept asking to watch it again (over and over!). After Nemo's mom's death, he kept asking, "Where'd da Mommy go?" We told him, and he said, "Oh, that's sad" and "Oh, that's MEAN!" During the 'scary' parts, he covered his eyes, though I could tell he wasn't *truly* scared (I think that's just his reaction because if we're watching television and something violent or scary happens unexpectedly, we tell him to cover his eyes until we change the channel). He really enjoyed the different animals, and was interested in what was going on, asking lots of questions. I'd recommend this to anyone, as long as parents think their kids can handle the more serious themes and scariness.
Adult Written bybourkr April 9, 2008

Adult Written bymelvankomen April 9, 2008

Fab Fun for the Family!

My parents, husband, 3 children (ages 3 to 10) and I loved this movie. It really wowed me with the animation technology, but the story carries the film. Little Nemo and his father Marlin (along with a hilarious side-kick named Dori) discover that life has challenges and problems, but none are insurmountable. That is a message I want my children to hear.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

Sweet Movie, Duuude!

This film is wonderful! I went with my 3.5 year old son and his 4 year old friend. My son was a bit scared at times, but only because he was so into the plot - he asked me where Nemo was several times during the film and loved the "sweet" turtles. He laughed several times and talked about the movie all the way home. For parents, the film is enjoyable and the animation is fantastic! I'm a big fan of both Toy Story movies - with Nemo, Pixar gives it all their genius! The only thing that was missing from Nemo was the nostalgia of watching some of my childhood toys come to life (like those miniature soldiers!) - but, hey, I guess to have that, I should have had pet clown-fish as a kid! Nemo is wonderful, be sure to see it!
Educator and Parent of a 9 and 14 year old Written bylioness57 April 9, 2008

Fishy Fun for the Family

We took our 4 year old son and our 9 year old daughter to this film and they both loved it. Put this one on the short list of films that span that awkward 3-4 year sibling gap! Our 4 year old is typically petrified by Disney scariness (snapping Lion King hyenas et. al.) but the sharks didn't phase him. He even got the joke that these were "good guys that used to be scary sharks". The sufing turtle dudes were a little too cute for my taste but all in all I enjoyed the characters, the story, and the underwater imagery.
Adult Written bykingster April 9, 2008

Great! It was funny and very creative!

I am definately a fan of Pixar movies. They are creative and funnny and great for people of all ages.
Parent of a 7 year old Written byeswanson April 9, 2008

Not for the little ones

The fact that Nemo's mommy was eaten went over my 3 yo's head but he was definately scared of the sharks. He was also upset that Nemo's daddy couldn't find him. Brought up lots of questions about why Nemo ran away. Probably not so scary at home as it was in the theatre but I'd skip it entirely for the under 4s. Could also be too intense for some sensitive 5 and ups. Not as scary as Monsters Inc. though. GREAT for parents who can appreciate the amazing animation.
Adult Written byjrfosterjr April 9, 2008

You'll watch this more than once with your toddler

My 2 year old requests Finding Nemo over and over and certainly enjoys it. The only time she gets upset with it and wants to sit with daddy is during the scene with the shark, Bruce, after he smells the blood. The only other issue I had with the movie is a reference that was derogatory toward America. Most kids probably wouldn't pick up on it, but it's in there for some reason. Overall, it's really good and social issues and handled tactfully.
Adult Written bydudeman123 April 9, 2008

good stuff

ok yes this is a good movie and it is entertaining for even teenagers and it is a very creative movie but my 4 year old cousin saw this movie and she was to afraid to take a step into the ocean because of the great white shark bruce to scary for anyone under 5
Adult Written byjubajen April 9, 2008

Adult Written byChariot April 9, 2008

5 Stars!

This is my favorite movie ever! I'm 14 and I still laugh my hed off every single time i see it. (I've seen it atleast 20 times that i've counted. No joke.) A GREAT movie for the whole family! A must see!
Adult Written byMayra16SP April 9, 2008

Adult Written byviamars@optonli... April 9, 2008

Adult Written byshera129 April 9, 2008

Parent of a 14 and 15 year old Written byLiz Perle April 9, 2008

Adult Written bym0nde April 9, 2008

Excellent movie for kids and adults alike!

I loved this movie, and I'm not ashamed to tell you that I'm 33! From the quality of the animation to the story and clever dialogue and voice acting, this movie was delightful to watch from beginning to end. I really forgot that I was watching an animated movie created on a computer. The animation was so well done and the characters and story were so engaging that I was only interested in following them in their quest to find Nemo. I recommend you somehow take your family to see this movie on the big screen if it becomes available again. Seeing it on a television is just not the same.