All member reviews for Finding Nemo

Sweet father-son tale has some very scary moments.

Great Family Movie

Finding Nemo is,what I think,a great movie.Kids that are 6 or 7 and up can watch it.There are some scary parts like the barracuda attack.And the violence is when Bruce pretends to eat them and when he smells Dory's blood.A suggested death is when Coral is eaten by the barracuda. There are no questionable parts.There's also a lot to learn from this movie.A message is never give up hope.A moral to this story is never leave your parents.There are some role models,like Marlin and Crush.I give this movie 5 out of 5 stars.
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2009

What About Nemo

Hey what about Nemo.I think this movie is for children 6+ and up.There may be some scary parts for smaller children.The point of this movie is never go far away form your parents.This movie might have some sad parts but its okay.This movie is very inspiring because it has good role models.Everyone can learn alot from this movie. This movie shows how Nemo smaw to far and his dad had to come find him.The older fish in the tank told Nemo great things and then he told him it doesnt matter if you have a smaller fin.The movie is very funny in different ways.This movie can be watched anywhere because you would always want to stay close to your parents.
Kid, 12 years old December 3, 2009

The Adventure With Nemo

This movie is a great movie for 5 years olds and up. There are some scary parts in the movie when the baracuda eats the mom and the babies and the big gray shark trys to eat the fish , but the rest is okay. No their is no bad stuff in the movie. Their are some parts that are educational stuff in the movie when the turtles swim in the ocean currents . Their are some positive message in the movie never go far in the ocean stay close to your parents. Their are a lot of good role models when Marlin and Dori never gives up finding nemo they keep on searching .

Finding a great moive

The movie "Finding Nemo" is a great movie. Not only is this movie funny and entertaining, it is also very educational. It shows tons of sea animals and overall greatness of the ocean. Although it is full of imformation about the ocean, alot of it will probally have to be explained further to littler kids, such as the ocean currents. Another negetive thing for younger kids in this movie is the death of Nemo's mom in the beginning of the movie. They may not fully understand what happened ot her or the fish eggs, so I think the appropriate age for this movie is 8 and above. Also, they're a few scary parts in this movie, such as the sharks, but nothing to bad. Overall, this is a kid-friendly movie that even adults can enjoy. They're no bad role models or anything questionable. It has a good moral and potrays a positive message, which is never give up. Ther are also tons of great role models. One is Nemo himself. Even when he was stuck in a fish tank, he never stopped believing. He trusted the other fish and at the end of the movie helped tons of fish escape from a fishing net. There is also great humor in this movie, such as the fish Dory. She is a great friend, and can make a child or an adult laugh. This is such a great movie, and I suggest it to anyone looking for a cute family movie.

Finding Nemo: A Great Family Movie

Finding Nemo is a great family movie. I would say it's for children 4+. It takes place in the ocean. There are a few parts that might scare little kids.A barracuda comes and Coral is killed, and there are sharks, jellyfish, and an anglerfish. Even with the mild violence, I still think it is a great movie for kids and their families. In this movie there is real animals and places. You can learn alot. It portrays a positive message. The moral is to keep trying no matter what.Marlin, Nemo, Dory, and even Gill are great role models. They have determination. You will love this movie.
Kid, 11 years old December 3, 2009

"Finding Nemo" is a great movie!!!!

The movie was excellant, maybe not for young kids though. I'd say +7 years old is the correct age. The reason is because early in the movie a mother fish and her babies get killed by a baracuda. Also, when Bruce the shark tries to kill Marlin and Doree. Lastly, a fish with a lightbulb head tries to kill the two fish!!!! What a day! It has some educational things in it. Like you learn about all the different kinds of fish in the ocean, you learn about the barrier reef, and that sea turtles can live for a long time! Another great thing about the movie is that it potrays friendship. I absolutely adore this movie. I give it five stars. Great family movie, just be carefull with the little ones. Also, children will love this movie, i know i have. It is simply terrific!
Kid, 11 years old December 1, 2009

Educational and Fun

This movie is a great family movie and has a wonderful life lesson. Not only does it teach parents not to be too overprotective, but it also teaches younger kids to never give up. If Nemo would have given up, he probably never would have seen his dad, Marlin, again. Also, there is a great sense of friendship in this movie. Dory is always positive and without her, I am sure that Marlin would have not been successful on his quest to find his son, Nemo. Educational wise, there are some great parts that talk about the oceanic zones, types of fish, age of a sea turtle, and alot about the East Australian current. Finally I must say that there are a few parts that may frighten younger audiences. The angler fish, the sharks, and the attack of the barracude on Nemo's mom in the beginning may cause nightmares or some screams from the little ones.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2009

The Movie of 2003! A Disney Masterpiece

I really enjoyed it. It was really good. The only concern was a few small spooky parts for children under four, but five and up will love this movie, and adults will, too! It's really good. My mom's favorite, and mine and my 8 year old sister's, too!
Parent of a 7 year old Written bynette525 November 16, 2009

How Nemo can help you educate your children

My whole family loved it and my grandchildren looked at me and said granny that's why you told us not to go anywhere without a grown up being with us because you don't wont anyone to take us and their mom and dad told them yes.But i think it also shows everyone that even though you have a handicap don't let it stop you from doing what you wont to do that you can make something with your life.
Parent of a 4 year old Written byJimL November 9, 2009

My daughter has seen most of this movie at least a dozen times and we still skip over the scariest part at the beginning, but she now enjoys all of the rest of the film and its one of her favorites. As a father, I love this film, it really captures some of my emotions over the conflict between keeping my kids safe but encouraging them to confident and enjoy life.
Parent of an infant and 3 year old Written bycwyatt October 26, 2009

Ocean adventure with no 2 yr old fright.

This is one of about 6 movies I would show to a 2 yr old. At 2, they are too young to understand that sharks are scary. The shark scene is pretty short and mild. This is one of my go-to movies on sick days.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

Definitely not my favourite pixar movie. I find it hard to care for these characters. Not much of a story, it's exactly what the title suggests. It's a fish finding his son. Hmmm...
Kid, 12 years old September 12, 2009

An excellent movie!

This movie is really great! I enjoyed it a lot! Even my grandma and grandpa watched all of it! (And that's saying a lot!) There are a few iffy spots, like *SPOILERS!* A great white shark in rehab becoming a fish eating machine after smelling some on-screen blood (he has good values in the end). A Barracuda in the beginning of the movie eats marlins wife and all but one of his eggs. A Diver comes up suddenly, with little warning and will probably startle some viewers and creep little tots out. *END SPOILERS* All in all, This is a great family movie to watch again and again!
Kid, 9 years old September 1, 2009

great movie for the family

except that the sharks may be to scary especially in the beggining with the swordfish if your little ones are scared of that sort of stuff fast forwaard through the shark and swordfish parts
Teen, 13 years old Written byaidanqm1996 August 21, 2009

A movie totally appropriate for kids.

The only thing I would say bad about this movie is it's kind of tiring about watching it a few times, there's some violence with sharks, and Nemo tells his dad that he hates him, but at the end, he takes it back.
Parent of a 2 year old Written bymy.hero.ty August 17, 2009

It's alright for my 2 year old

My 2 year old loves it. There are some scary parts that spook him but he loves watching this movie. It's also educational because it talks about the ocean at times. He loves to act like Bruce the shark. I guess it all depends on the child.
Kid, 11 years old August 10, 2009

Great movie

I love this movie!! It's really cute
Parent Written bymom2punkynbear July 30, 2009

Great for 4+, iffy for 2-3y/o. You have to know your child. If your child isn't phased by things with sharp teeth chasing main characters, go for it.
Parent of an infant and 4 year old Written byrevolords July 26, 2009

The mother dies and nemo is abducted. The first 15 minutes is terrifying for a little kid. I do NOT recommend this movie for anyone under 5.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymattthemovieman July 12, 2009

perfect movie for little kids

the sharks could be scary for little kids under 3