All member reviews for Finding Neverland

Emotional J.M. Barrie biopic has some mature themes.

Teen, 14 years old Written byshadowexile6 March 10, 2009

absolutely wonderful

In this one of a kind film johnny depp is at his best. I found it to be very well done with wonderful acting. It really is a good movie but not to much for younger kids, i only say this because they would more than likely say something like "mommy im bored" or perhaps "can we rent barney goes to space instead?" no such movie. Admittedly i cried my eyes out at the end but as i see it all good movies make us cry.
Adult Written bycagseg April 9, 2008

A Good Story

Judging by the promos, this movie looks like it might be for children but it really isn't. While I enjoyed the story, sad ending and all, this movie will be too slow and emotional for pre-teens and children. Beautiful photography and special effects. Great acting by Johnny Depp.
Adult Written byOlivePadfoot April 9, 2008

A classic.

A brilliant movie with outstanding acting, use of color, storyline and emotion. The plot moves along graciously and effortlessly, captivating you and making this movie impossible to stop watching. I cry everytime at the end. Note that it contains many thematic elements that younger children may not understand or like.
Teen, 15 years old Written byAlexH April 9, 2008
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2009
It's the only Johnny Depp movie I like. The acting is wonderful, though it's a bit sad.
Teen, 14 years old Written byHannah181822ab April 9, 2008

A Drama Story

This movie had a really dramatic air to it, and it was sad in some areas. Johnny Depp did an awesome job with it and pulled off the Irish accent with perfection! It was like a documentary on the man who wrote Peter Pan. Johnny Depp's character has a very imaginitive imagination and it's really uniqe how they put it into the movie. For the people who said this movie was a let down because they wanted to see the real Peter Pan and Wendy, their's a big difference. Excuse me it'scalled "Finding Neverland." Nobody said anything about Peter Pan and Wendy going to neverland. You have to pay attention to all the words in the title just don't go by one word. All together this movie was really great and mothers and daughters will love watching it together.
Kid, 11 years old December 31, 2011

To be cried over again and again

I just came back from watching this movie and it is one of the best I have watched in a while. I think I will cry every time at the end whenever I watch it. For those who are looking for a Jack Sparrow Johnny Depp, this movie is not like that (I have watched the pirates of the Caribbean movies and in only two places could I recognize Johnny Depp). Overall it was a beautiful movie only on the sad side. J. M. Barry is a good role model because he had me entranced with his imagination during parts of the movie. He used his imagination to heal the boys.
Teen, 15 years old Written byShinjo April 9, 2008

A very touching movie!

I really enjoyed this movie. The acting is very well done, especially by Johnny Depp. I cried at the end, and some parts are a little heavy. Kids under the age of 8 would probably be confused by some parts, but for people older, I think they will probably love this movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymvrtr April 9, 2008

Amazing Movie!!!!

This movie was extremely well written well performed. This wonderful movie is a must-see for anybody 7 or older. There were a few sad scenes, so be prepared for any one 7 or younger to cry. Overall, this movie was an A++++++!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byjoc13 April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old June 18, 2012

Tear Jerker

Definitely a tear jerker! It was pretty good in quality. I would not recommend and child seeing this if they have recently experienced death in the family. Johnny was not at all like Captain Jack Sparrow
Teen, 14 years old Written byzaneybraney12 April 9, 2008
Adult Written byAmeliaKaderWood June 29, 2009

Need to watch movie

All I can say is that this film was truly amazing. It was very touching and sad, this movie will definitely bring tears to your eyes. All thanks to the wonderful performance of talented cast. Johnny (Depp) does some superb acting (as usual) and Freddie (Highmore) was very impressive. But this film isn't about Peter Pan, it's about the author of the wonderful classic. So, don't expect any Pirates or fairies, although they do a stage play in the movie, and it has some of the characters from Neverland. Anyways, this film is really awesome, and I recommend it. But be prepared with some Tissue ;)
Adult Written byksrh99 April 9, 2008

A sophisticated movie fit for 11 and older

Finally ... a movie I can take my 12-year-old to that has more substance than drama queens and princess-wanna-bees but isn't full of inappropriate behaviors and language. A sophisticated and magical movie that makes you think. Well worth the ticket price. There is some content that may be a little too sad for those under 10. :)
Adult Written bySonia Montejano April 9, 2008

good but sad

The characters suffer from tragic events.. and it especially gets me because they are kids. Movie deals w/ serious issues (divorce, occupation, death), but plays down the severity a lot.
Teen, 14 years old Written byEspumaMarina October 1, 2010

A tad boring, but really sad/sweet

Aw, this made me cry! But it was so sweet, and I've always wondered who inspired Peter Pan (The real person committed suicide after a few of his brothers deaths- sad fact) The characters get you to feel along with them. I zoned in and out of the movie though, it bored me (no offence, it just did) The imagination was really strong too, which I love, I LOVE it when people use their imagination, because a lot of people today copy off of eachother and look down on personality- typical society. The ending was pretty sad, and Peter was really emotional because of the trama that happened in his life. And Barrie was there for him :)
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

Finding Neverland was a great story and many well love it.

A great film but may disapoint people in the way it was done.
Teen, 15 years old Written byelenmadil April 9, 2008
Grate movie! One of my favorite. Made look at Peter Pan in a different way.
Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

I cried my eyes out at the end...

This is a beautiful, well-acted, heartwarming and then heart-breaking movie. It is appopriate for kids of all ages, but younger ones will not be very interested in it. Therefore, kids 10+ will probably be the best audience.