All member reviews for Finding Neverland

Not about Peter Pan, and not a kids' movie.

Teen, 14 years old Written byBestPicture1996 February 16, 2010

Biopic exceeds expectations

This, if I recall correctly was up for Best Picture. This movie was enjoyable if you liked 2 things: 1. Depp, 2. Peter Pan. I've liked all of the Depp/Burton collabs, bu this wasn't one of them unfortunately. I'm glad "Million Dollar Baby" took it home, but this movie is entertaining so you at least get to see the fictionalized telling of Barrie's Peter Pan inspiration.
Kid, 11 years old June 9, 2009

It's the only Johnny Depp movie I like. The acting is wonderful, though it's a bit sad.
Kid, 11 years old March 12, 2009

It's so sad!

The mom dies but I don't know why! When I saw the credits, they had sad music!
Adult Written byMom_and_Son March 1, 2009

Brilliant. A must see for Johnny Depp fans

I watched this movie on a plane when I was nine and I actually enjoyed it. Dont expect an entire Peter Pan movie. This, in a way, a behind the scenes look.
Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

wonderful

A finely tuned film in every aspect.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

Finding Neverland was a great story and many well love it.

A great film but may disapoint people in the way it was done.
Adult Written bydenmarkriot April 9, 2008

sad but magical

Beautifully made, it truly captures the essence of childhood imagination but also the essene of childhood fears. This movie is true to life, vivid and engrossing. Even those who generally don't enjoy sad endings will not be put off by this one--it has the feeling of fulfillment and is full of hope. It's also an unusual take on the standard Peter Pan story--Johnny Depp is wonderful as J.M. Barrie. Recommended for ages 11 and up. A serious movie, may be a bit slow for younger kids, but overall brilliantly done.
Adult Written bySonia Montejano April 9, 2008

good but sad

The characters suffer from tragic events.. and it especially gets me because they are kids. Movie deals w/ serious issues (divorce, occupation, death), but plays down the severity a lot.
Adult Written byIheartJohnny April 9, 2008

Simply Brilliant

This is my all time favorite movie. It tells the story of how J.M Barrie comes to write the famous "Peter Pan" play. For younger audiences this movie could be a little slow. Johnny Depp and Kate Winslet are simple amazing together and they both give brilliant performances. This really is a MUST SEE movie.
Teen, 15 years old Written byelenmadil April 9, 2008

Grate movie! One of my favorite. Made look at Peter Pan in a different way.
Teen, 17 years old Written byjcsoblonde April 9, 2008

1 of jonnys best

i absolutly LOVE this movie!!!!!! its one of those rare ones where i cry even if its the 15th hundredth time ive seen it lolol its just SUCH a touching story! jonny is amazing...just amazing hes so perfect as jm barrie...wow just great! one of his best roles hes ever ever done!!! this movie was unique to, and i loved all the special effects and kewl camera shots, especially the one on peter in the theatre!!! highly recommended!!
Teen, 15 years old Written byiloveharrypotter7 April 9, 2008

PHENOMENAL

This movie was so heart felt. Makes you look at life in a different way. Kate Winslet and Johnny Depp are amazing!!!

Good movie, very emotional.

I like it, but there is a sad ending... I cry every time. Although I was expecting someting a little more lighthearted, this was good!!
Adult Written bybrooklyn12 April 9, 2008

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviegeek April 9, 2008

I cried my eyes out at the end...

This is a beautiful, well-acted, heartwarming and then heart-breaking movie. It is appopriate for kids of all ages, but younger ones will not be very interested in it. Therefore, kids 10+ will probably be the best audience.

I cried!

Johnny Depp gives one of the most moving performances of his career.
Adult Written byLoriL April 9, 2008

Touching, beautiful film!

A wonderful movie! There was some question about his marriage falling apart, but no adultery is shown or even implied. He needed to spend time with his wife, and I did talk to my children about that while watching the movie, but he did not have any physical relationship with "the other woman". I found no "possible improper interest in young boys" as was mentioned with Common Sense Media. He merely spent time with these children, showing them how to be children. If this is considered "improper interest", then Big Brothers, Big Sisters may as well shut its doors. As for the pirate play, it was boys playing. There was a sad death, but a good ending.

Touching...

Very sweet movie about the man who wrote Peter Pan. Non-fiction. I would recommend it for audiences 10-12 and up, asyounger children are liable to be bored by the plot, and it will not have as great an effect.