All member reviews for Flags of Our Fathers

Harrowing World War II drama isn't for kids.

Teen, 17 years old Written byiamJMAN00793 June 3, 2011

I really wanted to like Flags of our Fathers but I just couldn't. The story was dull and a little hard to follow because of all the jumping around from the battlefield to home. There is strong language throughout the movie around 20 f-words and other minor profanities, there was one crude joke and some violence, but actually less than one might expect from a WWII movie. Overall I was really disappointed.

It was a great look at a WWII battle but very depresing. The violence in this movie was not to bad but there was a scene of some human insides. This movie certainly deserves 5 stars.
Adult Written byquest13 April 9, 2008

great history lesson but 30+ f words is bullcrap I counted 12 or 11. More of a documenory not much violence.
Teen, 16 years old Written bylmtrav January 12, 2012

Very powerful and good movie if you can handle it

I really liked this movie. I think its very powerful but very realistic as well. There is a lot of violence and very gruesome images that could be very discomforting and hard to watch to many people. This movie is great for teenagers if they are mature and can handle the intense parts, but there are parts of this movie that are very disturbing. I know some adults who will not even watch it. It all depends on the person.
Kid, 11 years old March 16, 2010
Good movie...until the end. It was very gruesome violence at the end. It actually was on the verge of being unrealistic violence. There was so much gore i had to turn it off. This is one of those movies you do not want to see or you will have nightmares. It was a good movie again but it was full of language(f-bomb atleast 40 times). Now that you have read this i would reccomend you stick to the reviews by the people on the website it was way to bloody for kids and teens under 14.
Adult Written byeagledoc78 April 9, 2008

Very accurate WWII drama

The visual aspects of the battle were some of the best ever in a war movie. The "rest of the story" of what happens when the survivors come home, applies to our modern day experience. A must see for all history buffs.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygreatmoviefan13 March 15, 2010

perfect for teens

great movie
Parent Written byPlague January 7, 2010

Flags of Our Fathers

A great war movie for all patriots. Moving and explosive, and a grand Clint Eastwood film.
Teen, 13 years old Written byrocker1701 July 24, 2009

For some 13 and up

I LOVED this movie. I LOVE the USMC. This movie was really good. This movie rocks. It is pretty gory... some flipped stomachs and opened chests. One part a Marine gets his head blown off and hits a comrade. Their is about 15-20 F words... along with godd***,a**, b****. This movie is awesome... I highly recommend this.
Teen, 14 years old Written byww2lover February 24, 2009

OK movie

As the title says: its an OK movie. I wasn't that thrilled after I watched it, but it still had it's great moments. 11+
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008
Adult Written byalec_smithers April 9, 2008

great movie

A touching movie about Remembering Our Soldiers. Sad, indeed.

Clint Eastwood: Million Dollar Baby = director Million Dollar Baby = actor And now: Flags Of Our Fathers= director That is a good resume right there. In honor of the battle of Jiwa (or something), we have a touching story about WWII and the aftermath of it. This guy pulls no punches and is very good indeed so see the movie. It is just like Common Sense said, except not as strong. See it and love it.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek222 April 9, 2008

This was truly one of the most inspirational, exellent movies I have ever seen.
Adult Written bydimples23 April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bywookiepie93 April 9, 2008

Very well done, but not perfect

I would like to start by saying that it think this movie is yellow for 12 and up. The reason I gave this 4 stars and not 5 is because it dragged at the end. However, it is very touching and has a good message about what a "hero" really is. P.S.If you really want an awesome World War II movie watch Saving Private Ryan.
Teen, 13 years old Written bysiv25 April 9, 2008

Great Movie, One of My Favorites

Good movie, however it is very graphic (lots of blood and gore)and there is some heavy drinking, but overall is a great movie
Adult Written byhiiiii April 9, 2008

stinks a newborn could see this movie i hate it