All member reviews for Flicka 2

Touching horse story wrangles tough issue of loss.

Teen, 14 years old Written byHunterJumper13 April 18, 2011
Bahahaha. Stupidest movie ever. Honestly, any person that has even been around a horse would know how fake this is. Terrible acting (their idea of a sad scene was a girl staring ahead and going I'm s-s-s-s-s-so s-s-s-s-sad."), terrible riding, pointless story. However, I watched this with my friend (in their RV at horsecamp, ironically), and we laughed our butts off at the stupiditiy. Seriously though, folks, save your money and watch 'Secretariat'. At least that's actually a good movie, and not some pitiful remake.
Teen, 13 years old Written bynovember27 July 13, 2011

Best Movie about animals.

Lovely storyline really touching. The characters are great. It really gives black beauty a run for it's money.
Kid, 9 years old June 12, 2010

Perfect

LLLLOOOVVVEEE IIITTT
Educator and Parent Written bysouthern aurora September 3, 2012

Worthwhile

More a 3 and a half than a straight three rating, this movie manages to combine a modicum of urban edginess into the rural set plot which gives it an interesting sense of cultural divide. It suggests in fact more edginess than actually occurs, which will probably increase its appeal without offending many. Apart from one moderate kiss its a fairly chaste movie without any resort to strong language at all. Thematically it sets up some worthwhile parallels between the protagonist Carrie and the horse Flicka concerning freedom and acclimitization, set within the more general theme of loss and adjustment of both Carrie and her father. Acting is quite good with the main character showing an ability to depict Carrie's headstrong feistiness and her adaptation to focussing on the welfare of Flicka. She and her father both hold entrenched positions which (predictably) soften though the movie doesn't hurry this unduly (thankfully). The scenery shots are wonderful: from an Australian perspective it gives a good insight into a part of the United States not routinely depicted in the cinema, and lends the movie a sumptious spaciousness. One might cavil at the ending which looks to create various closures a little glibly - but the pre-ending ending, so to speak, a gesture of giving freedom despite loss and pain, is strong and moving.
Teen, 14 years old Written by99IsMyLuckyNumber March 5, 2011

NO BADDY THINGIES.

meh LIKEEEY IT. ALOTZ. EWWWW CALORIES
Teen, 13 years old Written byHorseRider24 January 25, 2013

STUPID!

If you know anything about horses or have seen the first flicka you will hate it! :( Don`t waste your time just saying. Watch war horse instead.
Teen, 13 years old Written bywhothatcrazygirl July 16, 2012

Don't Even Bother

I thought is was a major let down. I loved Flicka 1, it was a great movie with a good plot line. But I hated Flicka 2, it had bad acting, the connection between the actors(actresses) wasn't there, the plot was an overused one, and the connection between the 1 and 2 movie was hardly there. I wasn't sure if it was really in the same series! Really, this movie would be a waste of your time and money.