Classic book gallops to the big screen.

Teen, 13 years old Written byluverofhorses April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written bySapphire Fire August 10, 2009

Let your Spirit Run Free with Flicka

Flicka is a beautiful betrayal of the love shared between a girl and her horse- a mustang filly. It is about realizing- after harsh consequences- that nothing is worth separating yourself from the ones who love you most. I recommend this for families.
Kid, 9 years old April 9, 2008

i cried

I LOVED IT SO MUCH, YOU ROCK!!!
Adult Written byZooMommy April 9, 2008

A PG movie your kids could watch

It's so hard to find acceptable media for little kids! We've run out of G-rated movies for our pizza and movie night - I previewed this one and it is pretty cute. We let our boys (age 5 and 6) watch it with us because there isn't violence between people or sexual issues. We talked about the issues w/ horses.
Adult Written byancillaDomini April 9, 2008

Not as appropriate as I thought

I was not pleased to discover the following in the movie: 1. A bathtub scene in which you can see the lead girl's breast between her arm and her bare back 2. A teenage girl jumping out from behind a tree in a very skimpy bikini (which is displayed off and on for the next several minutes) 3. The same teenage girl, while still in her bikini, snuggling very closely with her boyfriend Had I known about these things, the movie would not have entered my home.
Kid, 12 years old April 18, 2010

So Sad!! (Definitely worth watching!!)

I really love Flicka. It is a very different to the old Flicka but is such a great story. I cried, and cried, and cried a lot as their are some heartbreaking scenes. It is a fantastic movie displaying that the impossible can be done by taming a wild/crazy horse without the support of your parents.
Teen, 14 years old Written byidonthaveone000 June 14, 2016

Amazing!!!

This movie is an amazing masterpiece! I say 9 and up because of an upsetting scene near the end that may scare the younger kids. In the middle, there is a joke that most kids (At least the non-horsey ones) wont get. (Lead adult male is acting upset about Flicka; the buyer suggesting castration) There is a little light swearing The only thing is that, if you are hoping for a movie based on the book My Friend Flicka, this is not the movie for you. In that situation, I would suggest watching the movie under the same title. All-around amazing movie I would recommend to anyone!
Parent Written byCarefulaboutmovies January 20, 2014

Great family movie but also emotionally intense

Overall wonderful family movie especially for those that love anything horsey! Yes, some cheesy acting and such but it didn't detract from the general beauty of the movie. I will say that Common Sense Media missed the part in which the girlfriend of the brother does wear a string bikini. Didn't feel too innapropriate but my 7 year old girl did make a comment about it. Movie does have some very intense scenes, emotional roller coaster. Though it has a very happy ending--there is a point in which you think the horse will be shot and I even cried. If your child is very sensitive and emotionally fragile you may want to watch it yourself first. The scene where the horse gets attacked is also scary and intense. My daughter handled it well but I did have to keep reminding her that it is make-believe and not real and that the horse ends up ok at the end. Love the strong, confident, brave girl who is the lead in this movie and I love that she is always outside and getting dirty....our kids need more of that!
Kid, 10 years old December 19, 2009

depends

i really liked this movie. A girl and her horse
Kid, 11 years old June 8, 2013

flicka the movie

flicka is an inspiring movie , I always cry a little when I watch it.....flicka is an movie to inspire girls to follow their dreams and be who they want to be. flicka sends a message to every one in a different way......as you can tell flicka is my favorite movie. I think that this movie should be shared with more people! this is a true movie on how a girls life would go......the way its filmed it seems like a real hose hold family. My dream is to go to the set of that movie! one day.......!
Adult Written byBeckstar October 29, 2011

Slightly scary

few scary and intense scenes. There are cliff scenes shown from a helicopter which can be seen as a tad frightening as the horses go right up to the edge
Kid, 9 years old June 11, 2010
love it
Parent Written byzeuann April 9, 2008

good movie but could frighten little ones

I took my 7 yr old horse lover to see this and we both really enjoyed it. However my daughter had lots of questions after the movie. "Why did the girl not listen to her parents?" "Why was she in trouble in school?" Because she didn't listen to her parents, she ended up getting hurt (a lot) by Flicka. There were a few scenes where 2 teens were kissing. Other than that I really didn't notice any other "adult" themes in this movie. This was a very good family movie, enjoyable for everyone.
Parent of a 3 and 7 year old Written byamymarr August 4, 2011

Great for horse-loving girls!

My 7yo is really into horses now, and she really enjoyed this film. There were a few parts that were a little tense for her, but she rallied and was really happy with the way things turned out. She is excited now to read the book, too!
Teen, 16 years old Written byArabianHorses July 14, 2011

LOVE LOVE LOVE

I love horses and its hard to find great horse movies these days but this one wasn't just great it was AMAZING! I love this movie. Probably one of my all tim favorites :)
Teen, 13 years old Written bysuper movie reviewer January 1, 2010

good movie

the movie is very very good. There is one scene where the horse gets attacked by a wild animal and his injuries are shown. Also there is peril and some unsuitable language for kids under 8 years of age.
Adult Written byHorsejumper October 5, 2009

Good show

Flicka is a good show it show the bond between a girl and her mustang.
Kid, 11 years old October 1, 2009

great for 9+

I love flicka i cried in scenes but i think it is a great movie filled with passion and i love horses i also think tim mcgraw is an awesome actor
Teen, 13 years old Written byreviewgirl13 April 15, 2009

Great film, but language can be a concern

This is an amazing movie. Yes, there is some swearing in it, unfortunately, so this may not be good for your kids. But, it's such a good movie, it really is.
Adult Written byjgast April 9, 2008

A must see movie for ALL !!!

this was suppose to be dad and daughters day, but I am really glad they invited me along. This was a great movie and is awesome for any mom also, especially if they are daddys girl. I have never read the book, and they say books are better than the movies, I dont see how this could have been. If you are looking for a great family movie this is it...