All member reviews for Flight

Excellent but mature drama about alcoholic airline pilot.

Parent Written byembeau November 30, 2012

Life out of control

I work in the airline industry so the movie resonated with me. The themes of drugs, alcohol, sex and a life out of control should be reserved for adults only. The crash scenes are realistic-so much so, that I have had the movie on my mind for days. Denzel is fantastic, so is Don Cheadle. A film worth seeing for the character study and redemption.
Teen, 15 years old Written byMoviedudde18 November 30, 2012

Flight

Flight has some fantastic acting and great (best direction 2012 other than Argo) with a good not great script. But it has so many flaws.
Parent of a 10 and 14 year old Written bymorfin November 25, 2012

Great movie for mature teens and adults only.

Whip is an alcoholic. Like many fun-loving, charismatic alcoholics, he has led a fully-functional, yet amoral existence until that day comes that changes his life's path forever. I thought this was a wonderful, heartbreaking character study with a really amazing, intense plane crash depiction. Combining the things I love about action sequences and art-house films all in one blockbuster movie... I thought Kelly Reilly's performance was top-notch too, as I wasn't familiar with her work before. Don't take your kids. If you have a mature 16+ year old who does not have the pain associated with having an alcoholic parent/sibling involved, it should be acceptable simply because it's a quality movie worth seeing.
Kid, 10 years old November 12, 2012

DO YOU THINK ITS OK

the first 20 minuts were BAD. if you think you can just cover kids eyes at the beging you are WORNG. you will have your hand on ther eyes for like THE HOLE MOVIE. i left early with my mom.
Parent of a 16 year old Written by3-D November 11, 2012

Action is good for trailer, however film is hard hitting themes.

Great flick, however has the realistic struggles with alcoholism. My son is a mature 16 year old that flys gliders and my wife and I are struggling with the decision if he should see this film. Roller coaster of rooting for and against Whip. Harsh reality of the impact of drug and alcohol use and abuse.