All member reviews for Flightplan

Tense but riveting thriller, best for teens+.

Adult Written byrobinshaw April 9, 2008

Great story line, maybe too intense if afraid of flying

My family saw this movie together (kids ages 11 and 14), and we all liked it. It is intense, the buildup of fear when the daughter can't be found is strong. I liked that there was resolution at the end, and my 11-year-old understood the story line. She is a little nervous about flying, but this movie did not affect her in that way. The movie keeps you interested every minute.
Teen, 15 years old Written bysupersam1693 April 9, 2008

Mile a Mintue

This movie would be good for kids ages 12 if it weren't for some violence. It is a movie that you have to pay extra clsoe attention to. Every word they say plays a major part of the climax of the movie. It was a really good mystery movie I think teens my age would enjoy.
Adult Written byChristolfo April 9, 2008

Clean suspense thriller, PG-13 a good rating

All about a mom's love for a daughter. The plot leaves a little to be desired. This is one of the few suspense thrillers you can watch with a little one older than 12. No drugs (one brief reference, but not abuse), no sex, and a brief gunfight at the end, no blood. It is implied that one person dies of an explosion, but this was not graphic at all. Nice & clean.
Adult Written byTheBigJ April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written bydomo121 April 9, 2008

Best Movie Ever

I thought that this movie was good but very suspensful. Although I figured out the kidnapper from the first seen they did a good job at hiding it later on here was some mild swaring. There was also a big scene were it looks like a plaine crashes
Teen, 13 years old Written byRobby Berger April 18, 2014

A great movie about a mother's devotion to her girl.

A good movie all in all, but there is a scene in the beginning where someone is watching the mother from a window. A little creepy, and another scene where her child disappears and is left for dead by a kidnapper who has strapped 2 bombs to the room that the girl is in. There is a lot of suspense in this movie, and quite ironic at the same time, as the crew of the massive jet thinks she is insane because her child was never counted, supposedly. As she emerges from the wreckage of the plane holding her daughter, everyone there has a newfound respect for the mother.
Adult Written bywonder dove October 25, 2013

Joy ride for teens & adults!

Excellent movie! Jodie Foster is awesome as usual, great acting and very suspenseful story. Jodie plays Kyle who is a loving mother to her little 6 year old girl, Julia. After her husband dies, Kyle transfers his body from Berlin back to New York in a huge airbus she helped to design. One night while flying, Kyle wakes up to find her daughter missing. Frantic and scared while searching for hours, Kyle is convinced by crew members that her daughter doesn't exist because there was no passport to prove it, plus, nobody remembers seeing her. She is blamed for her medication for anxiety (due to the loss of her husband). But certain clues to Julia's existence keeps Kyle from giving up and no one can stop her until she finds out the truth. Language isn't too bad but contains uses of sh*t, Godd@mn, hell, Jesus Christ. Violence includes reference to suicide, death of a loved one, explosions, a man shoots at a woman, a fire extinguisher is smashed on a guys head resulting in bloody head/ear, a man knocks a woman down and she hits her face on the arm of a chair and goes unconscious, a woman punches a woman in the face, another woman is knocked down, lots of yelling between characters, a group fight starts but no real injuries, a man falls out of a passage way and injures his leg, arm grabbing and twisting, a dead man is shown inside a casket, passengers go crazy when lights go out for a minute on the plane and emergency masks fall down, two creepy men watch a woman from her window. Sexual content has nothing except brief flirting between flight attendants. No drinking, drugs or smoking. Excellent yet gripping PG-13 movie for 13 and up!
Kid, 12 years old October 16, 2013

Fantastic!

Flightplan is an excellent movie with a great message! Contains moderate violence and mild language. Is not appropriate for children that have suffered the loss of someone close to them recently. For Tweens 12 and up!
Parent Written bySam Donder October 12, 2013

Flightpan is a great thriller, but will scare younger kids

Flightplan is a great thriller that will have you on the edge of your seat. There is very minimal violence (an explosion and a few deaths). There is also no drug content or sex. The only reason that this movie is rated PG-13 is it is tense and scary. Unless you have kids that are frightened easily, this is a great movie to watch, that has a great performance by Jodie Foster.
Teen, 15 years old Written byTotally500 April 11, 2012

Flightplan great movie

This is a really good movie lots of suspense and action
Teen, 15 years old Written byOfficial Critic March 10, 2012

Flightplan Review

Started off as a tense and sophisticated psychological thriller but by the end it's just implausible, unengaging and dull. Violence: 2/5 - Guns, suicide, physical fights, bomb ticking. Language: 1.5/5 - Low profanity. Sex: 0/5.
Teen, 14 years old Written bymylibrarycardworeout December 5, 2011

A Must Watch!!!

This was a heart stopping, action packed, distressing, and amazing thriller. This movie was not scary in the sense that there was blood and guts, but loosing your child at 40,000 feet in the air, while you are transporting your husband’s body to be buried, can be kind of distressing – well, not kind of, really distressing. I cried quite a lot in this movie because there were a few sad scenes, but it was mostly just nail-biting. This movie kept you thinking because you did not know who was actual baddy was until the end. I thought it was one person but in the last 15 minutes of an 1 hr 30 min movie you find out that is it someone completely different and there are so many people to choose between. Jodi Foster (Contact, Silence of the Lambs) played her character very well. She was a mother who was distressed, and determinate to find her child even when no one else had actually seen the children. I was amazed at how good her acting was. I would describe some of the other characters and how they were like, but I may give something away. This is a great movie, but this is like Jaws for the sky so if you were nervous about flying with children, or just flying in general, this is not a great movie for you. But otherwise, this is a definite watch. I would give it 5/5 stars as the acting was superb, and the story line was fantastic,
Parent of a 13 year old Written byTsion May 3, 2009

A Tense, Riveting Thriller...

FLIGHTPLAN would be a good thriller for teens and preteens who are eager to see more mature films but who aren't quite ready for the content. Jodie Foster is perfect in her role, and she makes the movie great fun to watch. Violence is the only issue in the movie. A person is scratched in the face after hitting an armrest, and another is hit in the face with a fire extinguisher. There is some blood in the resulting cuts. The overall tone of the movie is threatening and intense, but it never gets edgy or creepy; it's just enough to give the movie an edge-of-your-seat feeling. Language consists of some "godd**n"s and one or two "h*ll"s.
Adult Written byGamePlayer12 April 14, 2009

Great Movie!

This movie was great I really got into it! The guy below me is right. Its not good for younger kids because it can get a little creepy at some times. I really liked this movie and got a copy to add to my collection.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybibliophile November 8, 2008

Absolutely astonishing

This movie was so beyond amazing, and I LOVED Peter Sarsgaard. Wicked cool guy! Anyway. Sex: Nothing really. Violence: A person hits an armrest and gets a scratch on her face, another gets hit with a fire extinguisher, and there is blood on his ear and face. Language: A dozen profanities include several s-words and abuses of God’s name (“g--d--n,” “Jesus,” “Christ”). This was a really good movie, and I highly recommend it, particularly on ClearPlay DVD Player (clearplay.com)
Adult Written bytdrenth April 9, 2008

I LOVED IT!! But it was scary.

FLIGHTPLAN was a great movie! Very well done, SCARY, but I love scary movies. Any kids under about 11 or 12 shouldn't see it if they don't like scary movies. It was not very realistic in some ways, yet Freaky in others. The thing that made it less scary than it could've been was that Jodie Foster knew the Plane so well. Scared me most of the time. It was also kind of Complicated. But if you're a scary thriller fan, this movie's right for you!!!
Teen, 16 years old Written bymoviefanatic411 April 9, 2008

Adult Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

It's just a so-so movie

This was an okay movie. My 13-year-old daughter liked it. There were no big surprises. I figured out the bad guy in nearly the first scene. The girl was a surprise though. Jodie's facial expressions never changed. It didn't leave you feeling anything--neither good or bad. It was just a so-so movie...not awful, but not really good either.
Teen, 16 years old Written byPippin April 9, 2008