All member reviews for Flushed Away

Crude but imaginative adventure is flush with fun.

Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieReviewGuy July 10, 2011

Good for 6+

Movie Outline: Flushed Away •Recommended Age: 6+ •Sexual Content: All this will probably fly over most kids' heads: The heroine tells the hero to reach in her back pocket for something, and then she exclaims that she meant her pocket (implying he touched something else). The heroine's pants fall down, and the hero says it isn't what he wants to sew before he dies. The hero accidentally kisses a bride on her wedding day. Two characters fall out of a chimney, and when they stop rolling, they are lying with their legs tangled, looking a bit like they were having sex (though clothes are on).  •Violence: Limited, animated violence, nothing above a PG rating. Kicking, punching, etc. The entire story revolves around the villain trying to exterminate an entire species, which younger kids may find frightening.  •Profanity: Mild name-calling/mild swearing (dumb, idiot, suckers, etc.) •Consumerism: None.  •Positive Messages: Family and friends are more important than money and wealth.  •Smoking/Drugs/Alcohol: None.  Please look for more complete reviews from MovieReviewGuy!! commonsensemedia.org/user/moviereviewguy
Adult Written byMichelleRL April 9, 2008

Not a poopy kid's movie!

If you have a thicker-skinned, movie-loving 4 year old or older, go see Flushed Away! The best animated movie I've enjoyed in a long, long time. I'd call it an "Action/Adventure" animated film, very action-packed, layers of detail in the scenes and plenty of adult references to other movies etc, to keep Mom & Dad's interest. I took my 4 & 5-1/2 boys and a 6 year old girl today, and we all really enjoyed it. This is not a good movie for kids who haven't ever been to the movies before; way too much going on if they're not used to a big screen experience. But I will look forward to buying this DVD and seeing it over & over & over if necessary, it's very fun! The movie title is the most potty talk you'll get from the movie, some over-their heads references that are hysterical IMHO, no swear words besides "idiot" I can think of, some cartoon-type "violence" and high-action adventure/race/escape scenes, but I don't feel there was anything inappropriate for my 4 or 5 year olds. It was so nice to go to a kid's movie and enjoy it as much as the kids did.
Kid, 7 years old May 31, 2010
so good it was funny
Kid, 12 years old December 25, 2011

Funny

Cute movie. It's hilarious, but there's some rude humor. A pretty innocent film.
Adult Written bynintendoman2010 April 9, 2008

ha! ha! that was funny!

that movie was funny!! though if u can't stand gross scenes which there are some in the movie like where Roddy and Rita do the gross handshake when making the deal(i don't even know why they made it a gross handshake), don't watch it. I liked the part where the French frogs came in the scene, especially the mime. There is a kissing scene where Roddy accidentally kisses a bride rat on her wedding day. Theres also a hugging scene in there toward the end when Rita gets the ruby and the emerald, don't let your kids see the movie if you don't think any romance is appropriate for your kids. Otherwise, this movie is great!
Kid, 11 years old December 14, 2009
Adult Written byimersway April 9, 2008

Tedious, but not Terrible. Dissapointing, though...

If you are looking for some family time, go to a park instead, and watch this as a rental. Lots of bathroom humor, lots of burping, and body function humor. My 4 and 6 year olds thought those parts hilarious, though, plus the brit's refer to the rear as "Bum" which is easier on the ears.The fact the rudeness is in a british accent is helpful, too, cause lots of kids won't understand it anyway. Additionally, much of the humor was in the backgroud, i.e. a boat named "Floater,"etc, so many kids won't even get it. (Story takes place in a sewer)The annimation is great, and the characters are sweet, but really, the story is weak, a real disappointment from Wallace and Grommet. My 6 year old definately got bored, though my 4 year old didn't. She said afterward it was too long, and I agreed that parents will feel all 82 minutes of this one. Anyway, there you go...a better rental than spending the $ at the theatre...
Adult Written bykross April 9, 2008

Not bad for the kids but a bit boring for the adults

I took 4 boys to this movie ages 3-8 and they all enjoyed it. While I thought the animation was great and I loved the British accents, I was a bit disappointed with the movie as it didn't hold my interest like other Wallace & Gromit movies. I would recommend you save your money and rent it on DVD - better value for your money, especially with theatre prices these days.
Kid, 10 years old April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byTheBombFunn June 27, 2013
Kid, 9 years old September 4, 2011

Nothing Wrong.

Nothing wrong, agree with site.
Kid, 12 years old July 4, 2010

Flushed Neutrally

This was another cute clamation but it just didn't interest me that much. It was good enough to get 4 stars though. This movie is ok and it's cool if you see it or not.
Parent of a 9 year old Written byhomer1 November 27, 2009
Adult Written byJeleaste April 9, 2008

Not appropriate for young children

My son is 4 and I found the potty humor and sewer situation highly inappropriate as well as the violence and premise that it is ok to steal. The main character getting his private parts cracked over and over was not the thing I want my 4yr old exposed to. I would have had no problem with it if my son were older but this movie is not age appropriate for young children.
Teen, 15 years old Written byzeusdawg96 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymexdealer April 9, 2008

Very fast paced!!!

You might want to see this twice, very funny and different comedy, if you can deal with the British accent. No bad language.
Teen, 14 years old Written bybookworm123 April 9, 2008

One word

One word...BORING! Some parts would make me laugh, but I thought it was stupid overall for kids between ages ~10 and up. Sorry, guys, but don't spend money on this movie! Leave younger kids with a baby-sitter at this movie (if you REALLY want to waste your money), and see "Marie Antoinette", instead!
Teen, 13 years old Written bysave_the_tigers! April 9, 2008

Flushed Away is a disgrace

The movie Flushed Away simply has no point to it. It is boring, not funny, and has no adventure. I'm sure the people who made this movie tried to put all the good stuff in it, but they failed. When i saw Flushed Away, i thought that i just wasted too much of my time. i could hav been doing something else much better than watching that movie. So if you havent seen the movie yet, dont. Its just a big waste of time.
Adult Written byspongebobrocks22 April 9, 2008

good

funny fun for all ages
Adult Written byclarence August 6, 2015