Crude but imaginative adventure is flush with fun.

Kid, 12 years old July 7, 2009

Iffy for five year olds

We have the film, but my siblings LOVE IT. I think the slugs are annoying and obnoxious. According to the British Board of Film Classification (BBFC), it was rated U (Universal (4+)). Sex is a major issue, as well as consumerism. Consumerism includes the Rubik's Cube, Madagascar, Wallace and Gromit, Heinz Baked Beans, Lego's, and more. Scrabble mentioned but not portrayed. Language includes "dipstick" and "darn."
Adult Written byJeleaste April 9, 2008

Not appropriate for young children

My son is 4 and I found the potty humor and sewer situation highly inappropriate as well as the violence and premise that it is ok to steal. The main character getting his private parts cracked over and over was not the thing I want my 4yr old exposed to. I would have had no problem with it if my son were older but this movie is not age appropriate for young children.
Teen, 15 years old Written byzeusdawg96 April 9, 2008
Adult Written bymexdealer April 9, 2008

Very fast paced!!!

You might want to see this twice, very funny and different comedy, if you can deal with the British accent. No bad language.
Adult Written byspongebobrocks22 April 9, 2008

funny fun for all ages
Adult Written byclarence August 6, 2015
Kid, 8 years old July 5, 2015

Somewhat very violent but hilarious comedy is racy.

My rating:PG-13 for intense sequences of comic violence, racy material, and nudity throughout.
Parent Written byoweing October 27, 2012

Truly entertaining and funny

Flushed Away is truly one of the best Aardman Entertainment offerings. It is very funny with all the great incidental quirky humor a fan expects from the media firm. The characters have a lot of heart, good action and funny-funny-funny. You can see Nick Park's influence in the movie especially. Not a huge box office hit, but an A+ rental.
Teen, 13 years old Written byanna1999 July 18, 2012

may be educational because tells things about rats and toads. little violence when characters are fighting. most violence is meant for laughs
Parent Written byDelacroix July 3, 2012

Lots of fun for all ages

My five year old loves it, and I do too. I think the female lead is a positve role model for girls since she is very independent, and also cares deeply for family, and honors committments. It's a very clever movie.
Adult Written by413804 January 29, 2012

Great movie from Dreamworks. Lots of funny moments. It does get a little violent for some little kids, but overall it is pretty tame
Kid, 12 years old November 20, 2010

My Opinion

Parent of a 8, 12, and 13 year old Written byJrules June 23, 2010
Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byaveryt_m April 9, 2008
Teen, 13 years old Written byrita01 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bygilby April 9, 2008
Teen, 14 years old Written byJohanjwalker April 9, 2008

Pretty corny, Wallace & Gromit is better, but kids might like it.

This is definetly not one of the better animated films of the year. I didn't like it, but it was a teeny bit funny. Kids may like it, but for teenagers, it's boring and lame. Nothing to worry about for parents really, except the chance that your teenager will kill you because you made him/her see it.
Teen, 15 years old Written bykayla nicole April 9, 2008

I really liked this one.

This movie was great. I enjoyed watching it.
Adult Written byNYC April 9, 2008

This is the way Disney wants our kids to behave?

Yes, it says it is PG. I guess that is "fair warning" but with all of the promotional "Happy Meals" and advertising aimed at small children, I was very disappointed to see the movies characters burping and farting. My 7 and 6 year old kids thought it was funny but then began copying the on-screen behavior they had just witnessed. I now have to constantly remind them that this behavior is not acceptable in our home...and I wish it were not acceptable in a "Disney" movie.