All member reviews for For a Few Dollars More

Teen, 15 years old Written byshooter guru September 20, 2010

The best western ever made!

I personaly love this classic spagettie western and think tha it is the best out of all three of sergio leone's man with no name movies. Though the plotline can be a little confusing sometimes with all the flashbacks, and it may confuse younger viewers and some older one's to as well as the fact there is very little taking. But that said I like it that way because u have to pay attention to what's going on on screen. I think it is all surpassed by the solid story line and captivating fight scenes.
Teen, 16 years old Written byevolinag December 6, 2012

Sergio Leone classic has some sex, violence, sexual violence. Teens and up!

"For a Few Dollars More" is a western by master-of-the-genre, Sergio Leone. Being part of the "Dollar trilogy" (a series of western movies by Sergio Leone, starring Clint Eastwood), you need to know that you don't need to see "Fistful of Dollars" or "The Good, the Bad and the Ugly" in order to follow this movie. But if you have seen the others, you know what to expect: Unusual cinematography, superb music by Ennio Morricone and a cool western scenery. "For a Few Dollars More" is exactly what you can call a well-made movie. It is nearly perfect, featuring memorable scenes, such as the hat-shootout, and fitting music. A very interesting villain with an even more interesting background story, and two sly protagonists on a neck-and-neck race make this a superb movie, with superb characters. Like the other works of Sergio Leone, this movie was a strong influence on the entire western genre. The theme music became as famous as the movie itself, and is very catchy. In conclusion, "For a Few Dollars More" may be a step behind "Once Upon a Time in the West", but still is a very good western movie! ------------------------------------------------------ As for the age restriction, you need to know that there are many, many shootings, like we know from western movie. Thematic elements including the villain raping a woman, but as you can see on my and CSM's recommended age, the sexual activity is not explicit. They are clothed and it is not graphic - it is quite possible that this goes above younger viewer's heads. I recommend this for viewers 12 and up, it really is not a graphic movie.
Adult Written bytrojan51 April 9, 2008
Educator and Parent of a 11 and 13 year old Written byEvelynJ January 30, 2015

The best! but not for kids. Contains a rape scene.

Fantastic movie, but not for kids. My family and I watched this film one night. The mentioned scene where the girl has her night down ripped off is a scene about attempted rape. A man kills a woman's fiancee and shoves his way in. He throws her down on the bed, rips off her night gown revealing bare breasts (nipples visible), and throws himself down on her, kissing her roughly, forcing himself on her. Both my children ages 12 and 10 were extremely uncomfortable. It was not expected and we couldn't fast forward fast enough, so much of it was seen.
Teen, 14 years old Written byMaWalker66 April 22, 2014

Great Movie

encourages teamwork very exciting
Teen, 15 years old Written byMr Blonde January 29, 2014

The fact that this classic has three stars is an embarrassment
Teen, 14 years old Written bySuddenImpact August 27, 2013

Amazing Western

An amazing western better than the first. It was re-rated R. It wasn't too bad. However, there is a rape scene where not too much is shown until the camera moves down and shows the victim grabbing a gun and committing suicide while being raped. This scene is probably only about 20 seconds and it might be the reason for the R re-raiting. I'm surprised Common Sense didn't mention this.