All member reviews for Forrest Gump

Teen, 13 years old Written bycolorsgirl September 26, 2012

Amazing, hysterical tale

I was required to watch Forrest Gump for school (Rhetoric/9th grade/High School Class), and it's an absolutely amazing movie. Yes, there is a fair share of swearing and also a LOT of sex, but nothing explicit. All of it has a purpose and helps the plot unlike to many movies today that are raunchy just for the h-ll of it. Several people say that it pokes fun at the mentally disabled, but I disagree. It's incredibly moving, and proves that with a good heart you can do absolutely anything regardless of your IQ. I wouldn't recommend it for anyone under 13 because of the amount of sexual references and language, but it should be a requirement for everyone old enough to appreciate it.
Kid, 12 years old September 20, 2012

Love this movie!

I love this movie so much! I would say seven because the first time I saw this movie I was seven and of course my parents covered my eyes during some parts of the movie. But, it really depends on your child's maturity.
Teen, 16 years old Written byCatholicamSoror33 September 8, 2012

Great Movie

Great movie, just not for kids.
Teen, 14 years old Written byteen_n_happy August 16, 2012

?

Don't know how you managed to miss the scene with the "Playboy" magazine. Don't watch with Young teens unless they can handle seeing a fully exposed breast.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. August 11, 2012

I love this movie

Kid, 11 years old July 24, 2012

Nice movie

This movie was reallly engaging. Lots of important events. Watch out for sexy stuff, drugs, and the F-Word.
Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2012

forrest gump=AMAZING!!!!

ok i totally LOVED this movie!!!! its an uplifting,funny,romantic, and in a couple parts REALLY sad!! altho i luved this movie in some parts it is VERY inappropriate and my parents had to monitor me thru the hole movie.....its gr8
Teen, 13 years old Written bydavstern May 16, 2012

Incredible and moving, a movie everyone should see when appropriate

I rate Forrest Gump on for ages 12+ Parents need to know that this spectacular, moving, coming of age Oscar winner isn't appropriate for everyone, and this film does not have one particular thing to watch out for, like just violence or just sex, it's a bit "balanced". Forrest Gump is a film all tweens 12+ should see. DDS: 3/5- A main character takes a lot of drugs at one point, with some recognizable and becomes more of a "failure". VIOLENCE: 3/5- There is a war sequence at Vietnam, there are bloody wounds. Young Forrest had rocks thrown at him, only a little blood shown. It is implied Jenny's father was abusive to her off screen. The movie itself can be emotional. SEX: 2/5- Jenny is shown working as a stripper, no nudity. A sexual situation, when Jenny reveals her breasts to Forrest. We see very little of her nipple. Jenny also becomes a sl-t. PROFANITY: 1/5- Some coarse language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 February 25, 2012

This slightly violent movie also offers important life lessons and messages.

Parents need to know that this historical drama comedy film is packed with great life lessons and messeges, but it also contains war violence, with some blood, swearing, sexuality, some female and male nudity and use of drugs (cocaine). The war scene is extremely intense. There is also some brutal fights. One of the main characters becomes a stripper for some of the movie, there is also some non graphic sex scenes, (because this is a PG-13 movie). Lastly there is female and male nudity, a woman goes to a man and flashes to him, and another scene where the same woman sings naked in front of a bunch of people, her butt is shown twice, it also shows a man's pubic hair for about 2 seconds. On the brighter side, there is important life lessons and messages.
Teen, 17 years old Written bylamanjalo February 5, 2012

Good for teens and adults

Good for teens, not for kids. Interesting movie.
Kid, 12 years old December 5, 2011

Forrest Gump 101

I watched this movie when I was 10 and we ended up fast-forwarding all but 20 minutes of the movie! I am sure that now it would be a fine movie, but there were many sexual scenes ( pretty much every where.... ) that you'll have to look out for while watching with tweens. Thanks for reading! :)
Teen, 17 years old Written byJoe Blow November 20, 2011

Cool beans!

Language words are: G-d-mn, b--ch, s--t, f--k, and other strong words. A guy gets is legs blown off in war(very bloody). Sexual behavior such as: strippers(not seen), sex, and other innapropriate themes. Also there is drug content. Tom Hanks is my favorite actor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBooks rule October 29, 2011

My mama always said watch this movie!

This an amazing movie. The violence includes a bloody vietnam war battle. Also Jenny gets slapped by one of her boyfriends and there are signs she is later hit by someone else. There is a lot of language. Especially with one specific character. There are sexuality parts in it. Like at a strip bar. Then there is a scene where people make out. Also there is a scene where adults make love. Though besides all of that. This is a very good movie. Well written and great story line.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySpielberg00 May 29, 2011

Lots say it shouldn't have won the 1994 Academy Award for Best Picture...I strongly beg to differ.

My rating: PG-13 [borderline with R] for mature drug and sexual content, some intense war violence and strong language.
Teen, 13 years old Written bySeminolefreak March 16, 2011

Classic!!! Awesome for teens

My MPAA Rating, PG-13: Strong war violence and peril, some sexuality, strong language, and drug use
Teen, 13 years old Written bydmalino March 9, 2011

Good movie but some parts aren't appropriate for kids
Kid, 12 years old January 22, 2011

Goog for teens and young adults

Positive movie.. Great for teens young adult or anyone else except under 10 maybe, but it isn't really a problem.
Teen, 13 years old Written bypopcorn_004 January 11, 2011

The best movie EVER!!

I LOVE this movie. It's my favorite movie of ALL time. Sure it has war and Jenny has an abusive father but it's great!
Kid, 12 years old September 26, 2010

This is a fantastic film starring Tom Hanks. Although this film holds positive messages and some good role models there is 1 scene of sex and child abuse and drink and drugs. I would advise for parents to see first.
Kid, 12 years old September 24, 2010