All member reviews for Forrest Gump

Moving and wonderful, but parent preview a good idea.

Adult Written bytommysportsgirl April 9, 2008

simply horrible!

I don't know why anyone would want to watch this a second time! It pokes fun at mentally challenged people and isn't humorous in the least. Certainly not for children.
Parent Written byCooldee April 25, 2010

Beware!

There is some bad stuff such as war violence, swearing, drug use, and child abuse. Recommand this movie to children to ages 13 and up.
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Great

Good for kids 12+
Parent of a 14 and 17 year old Written byGrandmoi January 31, 2010

Adult Written byRachel D April 9, 2008

Yuck

Yes, Tom Hanks performed brilliantly but overall this movie was disgusting. The amount of sex, language, drugs etc. was unreal and depressing. I never get the impression of love, care or concern for Forrest in this movie. One movie I wish I could forget and erase ever having watched.
Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Forrest Gump

A moving, powerful, and funny movie the whole family will charish for years and years to come. Tom Hank's greatest role ever played in his acting carrer by far.
Teen, 17 years old Written byArii May 14, 2009

Great movie, I would say for 14-15 years old though. A little too much sexual stuff in it for kids any younger.
Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieloverman1234 July 16, 2009

This movie is a classic thats for sure. There is language, some drug content, some violence and sensuality but this still ok for teens. go check this one out.
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 21, 2009

Cool

A cool movie and sweet. Watch it! Beware of content ages 14 should be able to handle it.
Adult Written byMovie Man December 11, 2009

An Excellent Achievement! Bravo!

This is a brilliant film and a wonderful achievement! Tom Hanks is absolutely awesome as Forrest Gump. PARENTS: In my opinion, I believe this should have been rated R for War Violence and Images, Sexuality, brief Nudity, Language, and some Drug Use. It contains particularly graphic war violence and peril, frequent sexual themes, nudity, language, and some strong depictions of drug use. Despite it's violent and sexual content, it is a beautiful movie, and it should be viewed by everyone at some point. Thanks for reading - Movie Man
Teen, 13 years old Written byMovieFreak101 April 9, 2008

"Run Forrest, Run!"

He certently did! This flim is just to good for words. Tom Hanks acting was god-like. So was Gary Sinese! (Sp?) Goodness me, He was brilliant. Cheated out of the Oscars. Best supporting acting i've seen. Ever. When I say, "Life is a box of chocletes" every looks at me and nods. And the people who don't need to taste the choceletes for themselevs! Magic.....pure magic. Best Wishes, MovieFreak101 This movie is ok for: 11+
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008

Teen, 13 years old Written byRDub549 April 9, 2008

Uncomfortable to watch with parents

It was a great movie, but during the progression of the film, there were some sensual parts that were very uncomfortable to watch with my parents in the same room. I would ask parents to see if these scenes are appropriate for their kids. I would rather have watched this with a bunch of my friends when I'm older than with my parents.
Parent of a 18 year old Written bygilstrapstudios July 8, 2009

Forrest Gump blew my mind away

When I saw this movie, it was one of my top five favorite movies of all time. But the war scene was a little bloody, and the movie had a little bit of sexual situations and strong cuss words, but this is an awesome movie and you should see this! You'll be glad you did!
Teen, 15 years old Written byShelbyBubbles April 9, 2008

Oh my goodness!

This is one of the best movies I have ever seen. I wouldn't let my nine year old sister see it, for sure, and I wouldn't let your kid watch it unless they were atleast 13. It was very touching, Jenny was so incredibly adorable, and although some parts of the movie were questionable, the overall message was beautiful. 5 million stars.
Teen, 14 years old Written byNo Name, for real. August 11, 2012

I love this movie

Parent of a 10, 12, and 14 year old Written byGimmick March 7, 2011

This is a fantastic movie, moving and educational this deserves to be on everyones top 10. There is no violence, but some of the main characters die and this is very sad. There is some minor language such as sh-t and 1 instance of F--K YEAH!!! Jenny works as a stripper at one point and has sex with forrest, but you don't see anything. This still to this day is a firm family favourite.
Kid, 10 years old August 5, 2010

great for ages +8

OMG LOVED IT! Forrst is a good role model, not good GREAT. He may be stupid but he never stop for what he goes for. the move does not show anything of sex and is the on my top 3 movies.
Teen, 13 years old Written byHeroOfLight94 April 9, 2008

i was born on same day this mivie came out!!!!

this is a great movie but there is some war violence 1 f-word and drug content all in all a great movie pick this movie up for sure
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

moving drama

Forrest Gump is a slow person ("stupid is as stupid does") who gets into all sorts of difficult situations. This movie shows that life can be good and bad, and you never know what you're gonna get. There are some sad deaths in here. They might make you cry. The Vietnam War is war violence, but it sort of shows that war is bad. ( If you really want to see a "war is bad movie", go see "Saving Private Ryan") "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get"