Moving and wonderful, but parent preview a good idea.

Parent Written byPlague December 14, 2009

Forrest Gump

A moving, powerful, and funny movie the whole family will charish for years and years to come. Tom Hank's greatest role ever played in his acting carrer by far.
Adult Written byOr April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2011

Greatest movie ever!

I thought it was an excellent movie, despite infrequent sex content, a great deal of drug usage, language, and gorey war violence in the vietnam scene, its a great movie with good messages and positive role models. I wouldnt let kids under 7 see it, 7-10 is your decision, 11 and above is a-ok. Also some parts are very emotional such as when bubba dies in battle, forrest mom dies, jenny attempts suicide and later dies because of a virus. And there is foreplay in the movie along with stripping, and making love. There is also a great deal of war violence. Other than that a great movie, go see it!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bykelsey805 April 18, 2011

good movie but way to much language......

ok so i LOVE this movie and all but the thing is, it has a lot of language as well as some sexual content, i wouldn't suggest this for younger kids (unless you have a censored version or whatever) but other than that it's amazing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 21, 2011
i watched this movie because my dad kept telling how good it was. so i watched one day and i loved it. i would watch it again.it was funny but also sad. i cried in it.very interesting. lots of people at my school like it too.
Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2010

More for 11,mabey 12+

I Love this movie ! Tom Hanks Is a great actor. It has alot of Drugs, which is not my biggest conserne. I dont like the laungeuge at all and I dont like the sex realated stuff in the movie. I think Forest Gump(Tom Hanks) is a great role model,has positive highlights but dose to much to get Jenny(Robin Wright).
Parent of a 4 year old Written byBeen There August 18, 2010

Great for anyone in or from an abusive environment!

For adults, it's fine. NOT for kids, unless the kid lives in an abusive environment. I really "get it" where Jenny returns to the house she lived in with her dad and she threw rocks at it and then dropped to the ground in tears. Wish he would've bull dozed it right after she did that instead of waiting. Better yet, let HER drive the dozer!
Parent Written byCooldee April 25, 2010

Beware!

There is some bad stuff such as war violence, swearing, drug use, and child abuse. Recommand this movie to children to ages 13 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek97 February 25, 2010
one of my favorites but may be iffy for younger kids
Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey October 10, 2009

Entertaining!

I was really impressed by how good this movie was. Everything fit together so nicely. I watched it three times in my life, and I still cry at the ending every time I watch it. There is one violent war scene. Lots of language. And there is some sex but I'd say anyone over 11 can and SHOULD see it. I can't believe I waited so long of seeing it on the shelves before fianlly picking it up! A must see.
Teen, 13 years old Written byPunkchic May 15, 2009
I loved this movie! Forrest Gump is a great character. And it teaches you not to do drugs. The only iffy parts I saw were one part where it's kinda bloody and another where Jenny and Forrest make out on a bed. I saw it as a class movie so it's not too bad. ITS MY FAVORITE NOW! And you'll wanna it over and over again!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Great

Good for kids 12+
Kid, 9 years old September 25, 2016

life is like a box chocolates you never know what your gonna get.

This is my favorite movie ever I love it so much. Tom Hanks is cast perfectly all of the acting is spectacular. It is relly sad and dark and this quote,run forrest run. A+ if you have not seen this movie see it now.
Kid, 12 years old September 25, 2016
Yeah it says some bad words and it's violent but kids 10 and older will get it. It's a great movie and I don't think you should have to be a teenager to see it.
Teen, 15 years old Written byNovelnerd2187 September 21, 2016

Amazing movie but not for kids

Forrest Gump is a well-done, inspirational movie. It's a movie that actually has room for a good discussion afterward. I'm very picky about movie content, and while this did contain a lot of mature themes, it was a great movie; however, if someone watches this movie while they're too young, they will miss the great themes. Forrest Gump is a great role model. He puts people with mental issues in a good light. He is very straightforward and acts instinctively, and usually does what's right. (Warning minor spoiler: he is sexually involved with his girlfriend and they are unmarried.) He accepts people for who they are and loves them no matter how they treat him. He is a stark contrast to his girlfriend who was abused as a child and is later involved in immoral practices involving sex and drugs. Overall, despite the violence, sex, drugs, and language, Forrest Gump is a great movie that I think everyone should watch.
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Roxburgh August 24, 2016
One f word. Some sex scenes and strong implied drug use. No violence
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2016

Questionable for kids

This movie is amazing, lots of history and detail, but, there is quite a few spots where it could be questionable about kids seeing this movie. The language can get pretty bad, along with some of the content, where you might want to skip right past. Overall, though, this movie is a very intriguing movie, and is worth seeing.
Kid, 9 years old August 2, 2016

Mama told me life is like a box of chocolates

GREAT Movie ages 10 and up should also its such a great movie it's my number one movie ever below 10 should be supervised my suggested rateing is PG-13 drug material war violence and partial nudity and sensulaity
Teen, 16 years old Written byAbigaleP July 29, 2016

Great Movie but for Older Kids:-)

This is a great work of art, but I didn't get to watch it until I was 15 and I now know why. There are suggestive themes, major language, and sensitive topics that I would feel very uncomfortable with my 12, almost 13 year old brother watching. It is definitely a movie everyone needs to watch at some point but it is all about discernment on when is the right time.