All member reviews for Forrest Gump

Moving and wonderful, but parent preview a good idea.

Adult Written byOr April 9, 2008
Kid, 12 years old July 15, 2011

Greatest movie ever!

I thought it was an excellent movie, despite infrequent sex content, a great deal of drug usage, language, and gorey war violence in the vietnam scene, its a great movie with good messages and positive role models. I wouldnt let kids under 7 see it, 7-10 is your decision, 11 and above is a-ok. Also some parts are very emotional such as when bubba dies in battle, forrest mom dies, jenny attempts suicide and later dies because of a virus. And there is foreplay in the movie along with stripping, and making love. There is also a great deal of war violence. Other than that a great movie, go see it!!
Teen, 17 years old Written bykelsey805 April 18, 2011

good movie but way to much language......

ok so i LOVE this movie and all but the thing is, it has a lot of language as well as some sexual content, i wouldn't suggest this for younger kids (unless you have a censored version or whatever) but other than that it's amazing.
Teen, 15 years old Written byarthur16morgana January 21, 2011
i watched this movie because my dad kept telling how good it was. so i watched one day and i loved it. i would watch it again.it was funny but also sad. i cried in it.very interesting. lots of people at my school like it too.
Kid, 10 years old October 28, 2010

More for 11,mabey 12+

I Love this movie ! Tom Hanks Is a great actor. It has alot of Drugs, which is not my biggest conserne. I dont like the laungeuge at all and I dont like the sex realated stuff in the movie. I think Forest Gump(Tom Hanks) is a great role model,has positive highlights but dose to much to get Jenny(Robin Wright).
Parent of a 4 year old Written byBeen There August 18, 2010

Great for anyone in or from an abusive environment!

For adults, it's fine. NOT for kids, unless the kid lives in an abusive environment. I really "get it" where Jenny returns to the house she lived in with her dad and she threw rocks at it and then dropped to the ground in tears. Wish he would've bull dozed it right after she did that instead of waiting. Better yet, let HER drive the dozer!
Parent Written byCooldee April 25, 2010

Beware!

There is some bad stuff such as war violence, swearing, drug use, and child abuse. Recommand this movie to children to ages 13 and up.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymoviegeek97 February 25, 2010
one of my favorites but may be iffy for younger kids
Teen, 13 years old Written byPunkchic May 15, 2009
I loved this movie! Forrest Gump is a great character. And it teaches you not to do drugs. The only iffy parts I saw were one part where it's kinda bloody and another where Jenny and Forrest make out on a bed. I saw it as a class movie so it's not too bad. ITS MY FAVORITE NOW! And you'll wanna it over and over again!
Teen, 15 years old Written byTnMovieFan2 April 9, 2008
Teen, 15 years old Written bybubbo April 9, 2008

Great

Good for kids 12+
Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Roxburgh August 24, 2016
One f word. Some sex scenes and strong implied drug use. No violence
Kid, 12 years old August 7, 2016

Questionable for kids

This movie is amazing, lots of history and detail, but, there is quite a few spots where it could be questionable about kids seeing this movie. The language can get pretty bad, along with some of the content, where you might want to skip right past. Overall, though, this movie is a very intriguing movie, and is worth seeing.
Kid, 9 years old August 2, 2016

Mama told me life is like a box of chocolates

GREAT Movie ages 10 and up should also its such a great movie it's my number one movie ever below 10 should be supervised my suggested rateing is PG-13 drug material war violence and partial nudity and sensulaity
Teen, 16 years old Written byAbigaleP July 29, 2016

Great Movie but for Older Kids:-)

This is a great work of art, but I didn't get to watch it until I was 15 and I now know why. There are suggestive themes, major language, and sensitive topics that I would feel very uncomfortable with my 12, almost 13 year old brother watching. It is definitely a movie everyone needs to watch at some point but it is all about discernment on when is the right time.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhayal12 July 26, 2016

Alright in some ways, but at times infuriating

I suppose you could put my criticism of this movie down to the fact that it's just not the kind of thing that appeals to us Brits, as the film is chiefly a celebration of 20th Century American patriotism (and stole the Oscar for Best Actor from Nigel Hawthorne in 'The Madness of King George'. Fair enough, the film does have its highlights (mainly the memorable opening scene, Alan Silvestri score and creative use of special effects), but other than that the character of Forrest himself is far from endearing and at times infuriating to watch, and his unwitting innocence/ignorance seem just an excuse to cram as much history in as possible. Finally, what many fans of this film put down as 'sweet' is simply cheesy. Expect injury detail, language and sex.
Teen, 13 years old Written bygraciequaccia July 1, 2016

One of my favorites!

I can't say enough good things about Forrest Gump. It literally evokes every emotion and every feeling you can think of. It made me laugh, it made me sad, angry, and it made me cry real tears. The storyline of this movie is absolutely phenomenal and original. It basically goes over every important event during the time period in which Forrest lived in - he influenced some of Elvis' dance moves, and it went over historical events like the Watergate Scandal, Hurricane Carmen, The Vietnam War, President Kennedy's assassination, etc. It's absolutely amazing and I totally recommend it!
Teen, 13 years old Written byAppu200 June 24, 2016

Not meant for young teens

This movie has too strong nudity as well as sexual content. It as at least 3 uses of dirty words. Dirty words should only be used once in a pg-13 movie. This should be R rated
Teen, 15 years old Written bybatman12 June 24, 2016

great film but parent preview is a good idea

I LOVE it but there is quite a bit of swearing (2 f-words and about 20 s and d words each) brief nudity (male butt) and drug use so watch it before your kids do but it is a must see
Teen, 13 years old Written byHannah_Robinson_2002 June 24, 2016

it was good but dark...

i am thirteen and we watched it with my eleven year old sister and she found it to much. i thought it was good but i didn't like the fact that it included drugs and sex but i didn't find it to bad because i know more about that stuff. It was really sad and emotional and i dont think younger kids would understand it.