All member reviews for Forrest Gump

Moving and wonderful, but parent preview a good idea.

Adult Written byEthan511 August 1, 2014

One of the Best Movies Ever

This is one of my favorite movies. They couldn't have chosen a better actor for the role of Forrest. It's rated PG-13 for language, drugs, some violence, and some implied sex. A must see for 13 and up. Maybe 11 and 12 if very mature. Forrest Gump is a great role model because he does things he believes to right and doesn't care what other people think.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlexThaReviewer July 9, 2014

My Personal Favorite

In my opinion, this is the best movie ever made, and i will proceed to go into details why. The acting is brilliant, tom hanks best performance undoubtedly. All the supporting cast also meets the bar of excellence the film required. The story: a beautiful tale of someone with a disability who overcomes the odds and becomes successful. Some might complain the story is sappy, but then why didn't they complain with the shawshank redemption? (Also an amazing film) overall, this film is perfectly directed, acted, written and edited. It absolutely gets a 5/5 the only "problem" some parents would have showing this to younger audiences would be MILD sex and language, but if your kid has a MIND they'll definitely appreciate this must-see.
Kid, 12 years old May 31, 2014

Lookoutforit!

Good movie, but a bit iffy.
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2014

its' one of my favorite movies, it needs to be ****** stars

Forrest Gump is a movie that has lots of positive messages, positive role modles but it has also some violence, bad language smoking and some sexual content.
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2014

Great Movie but not for young kids

Forrest Gump is my favorite movie, It has allot of positive messages, positive role models and bit of inappropriate scenes, violence, language drug use drinking and smoking.
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2014

Lot's of sex drugs n consumerism some violence and language but this movie tells ALOT about history!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter March 26, 2014

One of my favorites

This is a must watch. Moving, inspirational, sad, and funny...
Adult Written byLowe's man January 11, 2014

a fun trip through history

Forrest faces much adversity which he must overcome. That he does and does well. He goes to college, plays football, gets a college degree, joins the Army, saves a life during Vietnam, plays ping pong on the Army team, starts a business with a friend, gives to the local college by cutting its grass for free, runs coast to coast and ultimately marries his childhood sweetheart Jenny. Along the way he- and viewers- witness the first black students to enter the University of Alabama, the Kennedy assassination, the Vietnam War and the protests that came with it, and numerous other historical events. He was also treated nicely by the majority of people he met, before it became popular to do so to disabled people. Everyone who's at least 13 should see this movie. One word of warning: Forrest and Jenny bear a child out of wedlock.
Teen, 15 years old Written bypablogan4 January 7, 2014

Great film.

This great film is also a positive role model. You´ll enoy this film.
Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2013

Forrest gump

Ok movie there is some violence but not a big problem i think the worst part about this movie is the sexuality there is a shot a bare buttocks, a brief sex scene no nudity though in the scene the bed shakes and makes noises and a women makes forrest touch her boobs he does but you do not see any nudity otherwise the movie is alright
Kid, 12 years old December 5, 2013

Amazing

about #1 on my top 5 best movies list. A truly wonderful movie. Tom Hanks performance is spectacular, everything else in the film is just utterly amazing 6/5 stars
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2013

Forrest Gump is

Forrest Gump is overall one of my new favorite movies! Tom Hanks is great in this movie. It well deserved the Oscar back when it came out. I saw it the other night with my parents having no intention of watching it and going to watch Full House on Nick@nite but I stayed and watched the movie. It's truly beautiful. Yes there is violence, but there also is a message sent beautifully by the actors the message is to keep your promises and hold on the struggle is part of life fight through it you'll make it. I'm 12 but I'm fairly mature so I'd say 13 years old. I encourage you to watch it I love it I think you would to.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHaileyMarie July 14, 2013

'Forrest Gump' Is A Very Good Movie, Just a Little Questionable For Small Children

Positive Messages: The main lesson to be learned from this movie is not to judge a book by its cover. Forrest Gump is usually first perceived as stupid by most of the people he meets. But he then goes on to do lots of incredible things. Positive Role Models: Lieutenant Dan loses both of his legs in Vietnam and goes through severe depression and becomes an alcoholic. Later in the movie, he goes through a major change in his life. He recovers and learns to swim without any legs and he also gets married. Violence: A fair bit of war violence and gore. Lieutenant Dan's bloody stomach is shown along with his bloody legs. Not too gruesome, but still might be enough to scare small children. There;s a black and white newsreel of George Wallace getting shot. A few punches and slaps throughout the movie. Sex: Not too much. More insinuation than anything. In one of the first scenes, Forrest's mother gets Forrest into school by having sex with the principal. Nothing is shown, but noises can be heard outside the house. There is some kissing on a bed between Forrest and Jenny and it is implied that they have sex, but the scene cuts out before anything happens. At one point in the movie, Jenny plays her guitar in a club. She is naked, but the guitar is covering her, so she isn't shown naked. Jenny brings Forrest into her college dorm, takes off her bra and puts Forrest's hand on it. It is shown from a different angle so that all you can see is her back. Most of the sexual things in the movie aren't too major. Little kids won't know what is happening. Language: I think there is one F word, maybe a couple S and D words, and racial references. Drinking, Drugs, Etc.: Several smoking and (maybe) drug scenes scenes throughout the 70s period in Forrest's life. Lieutenant Dan drinks a lot after his accident. 'Forrest Gump' has lots of good messages and laughs! A must watch for kids over 8 or 9 years old!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 24, 2013

astounding

a wonderful movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 June 21, 2013

classic and great message

One of Tom Hank's best. This movie had amazing actors, outstanding plot, and a great script that could make anyone love this film. Parents do however need to know that this movie does contain some sex scenes and references but nothing to explicit is shown. There is language, nothing to horrible except one racist statement. There is some drinking and smoking, but that is everywhere. There is violence not much blood though it is something a mature 9 year old can handle
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2013

Amazing But Very Explicit Content

Great, but very explicit themes throughout. Parents watch out, maybe have your kids shut their eyes in a few parts. The messages from this movie are very important to learn though.
Kid, 10 years old May 26, 2013

sad violent funny 5 star movie

i saw this when i was 6 and it was great but violence shown when luietenant dan knees and nudity not shown and the f word used dan drinks alot of beer at a point
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe April 19, 2013

Mixes laugh-out-loud humor with serious stuff

I remember when some man was talking into a microphone and said a bunch of F-bombs, but most of the uses were censored with Forrest's narration. I also liked it when Forrest Gump went on a show with John Lennon. I remember seeing some scenes from this when I was five.
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2013

Amazing, but iffy for young kids.

Forrest Gump was a true masterpiece. I would however hold off on it until your kid was twelve because there were some intense moments. First of all there is some war violence with lots of blood that may scare young viewers. There is some sexual stuff as well. Also, there is some pretty bad language for a PG-13 movie. Despite all of this, this movie has tons of heart, you will not be disappointed.
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 26, 2012

Forrest gump

Families can talk about American history and how it's seen through Forrest's eyes. What are his impressions of the Vietnam War? Of a young Elvis? Of the hippie movement? What would you say the movie's main message is? Are viewers meant to admire Forrest? To sympathize with him? If you've read the book the movie is based on, how do the two differ? Why do you think the filmmakers made the changes that they did?