All member reviews for Forrest Gump

Moving and wonderful, but parent preview a good idea.

Kid, 10 years old July 13, 2012

forrest gump=AMAZING!!!!

ok i totally LOVED this movie!!!! its an uplifting,funny,romantic, and in a couple parts REALLY sad!! altho i luved this movie in some parts it is VERY inappropriate and my parents had to monitor me thru the hole movie.....its gr8
Teen, 13 years old Written bydavstern May 16, 2012

Incredible and moving, a movie everyone should see when appropriate

I rate Forrest Gump on for ages 12+ Parents need to know that this spectacular, moving, coming of age Oscar winner isn't appropriate for everyone, and this film does not have one particular thing to watch out for, like just violence or just sex, it's a bit "balanced". Forrest Gump is a film all tweens 12+ should see. DDS: 3/5- A main character takes a lot of drugs at one point, with some recognizable and becomes more of a "failure". VIOLENCE: 3/5- There is a war sequence at Vietnam, there are bloody wounds. Young Forrest had rocks thrown at him, only a little blood shown. It is implied Jenny's father was abusive to her off screen. The movie itself can be emotional. SEX: 2/5- Jenny is shown working as a stripper, no nudity. A sexual situation, when Jenny reveals her breasts to Forrest. We see very little of her nipple. Jenny also becomes a sl-t. PROFANITY: 1/5- Some coarse language.
Teen, 15 years old Written byhomealonefan123 February 25, 2012

This slightly violent movie also offers important life lessons and messages.

Parents need to know that this historical drama comedy film is packed with great life lessons and messeges, but it also contains war violence, with some blood, swearing, sexuality, some female and male nudity and use of drugs (cocaine). The war scene is extremely intense. There is also some brutal fights. One of the main characters becomes a stripper for some of the movie, there is also some non graphic sex scenes, (because this is a PG-13 movie). Lastly there is female and male nudity, a woman goes to a man and flashes to him, and another scene where the same woman sings naked in front of a bunch of people, her butt is shown twice, it also shows a man's pubic hair for about 2 seconds. On the brighter side, there is important life lessons and messages.
Teen, 17 years old Written byJoe Blow November 20, 2011

Cool beans!

Language words are: G-d-mn, b--ch, s--t, f--k, and other strong words. A guy gets is legs blown off in war(very bloody). Sexual behavior such as: strippers(not seen), sex, and other innapropriate themes. Also there is drug content. Tom Hanks is my favorite actor.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBooks rule October 29, 2011

My mama always said watch this movie!

This an amazing movie. The violence includes a bloody vietnam war battle. Also Jenny gets slapped by one of her boyfriends and there are signs she is later hit by someone else. There is a lot of language. Especially with one specific character. There are sexuality parts in it. Like at a strip bar. Then there is a scene where people make out. Also there is a scene where adults make love. Though besides all of that. This is a very good movie. Well written and great story line.
Kid, 12 years old June 13, 2010

Best Movie Ever!!!!!!

This might be the best Tom Hanks movie ever. The part when Jenny was singing on stage naked was inappropriate. Also when Jenny and Forrest were getting it on in the bed.
Kid, 10 years old December 1, 2009

very good!!!

i love it!
Kid, 9 years old March 23, 2009

forrest gump review by critic7

It thought forrest gump was a great and phinominal film that i and you will probaly want to watch over and over again
Teen, 13 years old Written byndancer94 April 9, 2008

Favorite movie EVERRR!!

Forrest Gump is like the best movie in the history of the universe!! I absolutely love this movie, even though it's a serious tear-jerker. It's very touching, and I think it's okay for everyone 12 and up.
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe April 19, 2013

Mixes laugh-out-loud humor with serious stuff

I remember when some man was talking into a microphone and said a bunch of F-bombs, but most of the uses were censored with Forrest's narration. I also liked it when Forrest Gump went on a show with John Lennon. I remember seeing some scenes from this when I was five.
Teen, 13 years old Written byasam May 26, 2010

no little kids

THE BEST MOVIE EVER. too mutch for little kids. (ages 12+)
Kid, 12 years old February 12, 2010

Good Movie

I saw this movie a few months ago. (It might have been when I was 11) I was a bit worried at first, but after watching it I absoulutly loved it. There are many places where Jenny does drugs. Also many places with smoking and drinking. I am not as concerned with sexual behavior knowing it is only in a few scenes. You simply can just cover your eyes if you feel it is to graphic. Violence is a bit graphic, but I could watch it. Again if you feel it is to graphic cover your eyes. I suggest this movie for mature pre teens or 12 and up
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 12, 2009

My favorite movie now!

My name says that I love the movie "Jumanji," (and I do, don't get me wrong) it's just that this movie honestly moved me in every way possible and its cross of realism and fiction was unbelievable, plus the amazing cropping and editing to make it look like Forrest Gump REALLY made a big impact on America. You WILL believe life is a box of chocolates after seeing this movie.
Kid, 9 years old November 27, 2008

I cried and laughed!

This film is a great movie about a guy named Forrst Gump,who tells about his exciting life to fellow people. It can be disturbing at some parts but otherwise a good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 24, 2013

astounding

a wonderful movie
Kid, 10 years old May 26, 2013

sad violent funny 5 star movie

i saw this when i was 6 and it was great but violence shown when luietenant dan knees and nudity not shown and the f word used dan drinks alot of beer at a point
Parent of a 6 year old Written bymadsmooney1214 November 26, 2012

Forrest gump

Families can talk about American history and how it's seen through Forrest's eyes. What are his impressions of the Vietnam War? Of a young Elvis? Of the hippie movement? What would you say the movie's main message is? Are viewers meant to admire Forrest? To sympathize with him? If you've read the book the movie is based on, how do the two differ? Why do you think the filmmakers made the changes that they did?
Kid, 12 years old September 20, 2012

Love this movie!

I love this movie so much! I would say seven because the first time I saw this movie I was seven and of course my parents covered my eyes during some parts of the movie. But, it really depends on your child's maturity.
Kid, 12 years old December 5, 2011

Forrest Gump 101

I watched this movie when I was 10 and we ended up fast-forwarding all but 20 minutes of the movie! I am sure that now it would be a fine movie, but there were many sexual scenes ( pretty much every where.... ) that you'll have to look out for while watching with tweens. Thanks for reading! :)
Teen, 14 years old Written bychrisissocooldude July 16, 2010

spectacular

very amazing classic. super enjoyable. Rated PG-13 for language, some drug use, sexual material, graphic images, violence, and a bloody war scene.