All member reviews for Forrest Gump

Moving and wonderful, but parent preview a good idea.

Teen, 13 years old Written byTom Cruise Fan September 25, 2014

"Forrest Gump" movie review

This movie was like a box of chocolates. You never knew what was going to happen in the film." Forrest Gump" is hands down my favorite drama of all time. This movie was excellent. From the minute the feather was on screen, I was totally invested. The movie's synopsis is brilliant. The basic message throughout the film is that you don't have to be a genius in life to accomplish amazing things. The story of "Forrest Gump" is amazing. What the man accomplishes is wonderful. From football star to Vietnam War hero to ping-pong master, he can do it all. Tom Hanks was magnificent as the protagonist. He is such a likable guy despite the fact that he isn't a genius. The supporting characters played by Robin Wright and Gary Sinise were brilliant. All of the supporting characters make "Forrest Gump" a phenomenal movie. The characters could have been handled horribly, yet they were not and that was one of the biggest surprises I had with this movie. Not one minute was I bored in this movie. A couple of people tell me that they absolutely hate "Forrest Gump" because it was too sad and boring. I don't know what to tell them. The movie does get depressing at the end, but I think this movie truly is amazing. Another message in the film was finding our destiny and finding our selves in the world. "Forrest Gump" is one of the most memorable movies of all time. For sure this movie goes into my top 50 list and gets a 5 out of 5. If you have not checked out "Forrest Gump", you really should. Warning: If you don't like depressing movies, I recommend not watching this. Also, parents might want to check out the movie before showing younger children because this movie does have some adult themes.
Parent of a 13 and 16 year old Written bynuenjins September 9, 2014

Emotional buttons pressed but to what end.

So it's a happy so called "feel good" romp through history. It is fun and awkward sometimes to a Napoleon Dynamite degree but the content of a boys teacher having sex with his mother is nowhere near appropriate for any young teenager. These 'moments' seem to be glossed over by the heartwarming moments but are still there and kids will catch them and notice that this 'will' send messages to and/or disturb your kids and saying nothing to address these moments for innappropriate audiences can leave them with unattended thoughts and feeling of being disturbed by the content. The movie is strung together in an amusing way and there are lessons to be learned from it, but keep in mind impressionable minds will remember the bad ones too.
Adult Written byEthan511 August 1, 2014

One of the Best Movies Ever

This is one of my favorite movies. They couldn't have chosen a better actor for the role of Forrest. It's rated PG-13 for language, drugs, some violence, and some implied sex. A must see for 13 and up. Maybe 11 and 12 if very mature. Forrest Gump is a great role model because he does things he believes to right and doesn't care what other people think.
Teen, 14 years old Written byAlexThaReviewer July 9, 2014

My Personal Favorite

In my opinion, this is the best movie ever made, and i will proceed to go into details why. The acting is brilliant, tom hanks best performance undoubtedly. All the supporting cast also meets the bar of excellence the film required. The story: a beautiful tale of someone with a disability who overcomes the odds and becomes successful. Some might complain the story is sappy, but then why didn't they complain with the shawshank redemption? (Also an amazing film) overall, this film is perfectly directed, acted, written and edited. It absolutely gets a 5/5 the only "problem" some parents would have showing this to younger audiences would be MILD sex and language, but if your kid has a MIND they'll definitely appreciate this must-see.
Kid, 12 years old May 31, 2014

Lookoutforit!

Good movie, but a bit iffy.
Kid, 10 years old May 30, 2014

its' one of my favorite movies, it needs to be ****** stars

Forrest Gump is a movie that has lots of positive messages, positive role modles but it has also some violence, bad language smoking and some sexual content.
Kid, 10 years old May 20, 2014

Great Movie but not for young kids

Forrest Gump is my favorite movie, It has allot of positive messages, positive role models and bit of inappropriate scenes, violence, language drug use drinking and smoking.
Kid, 11 years old May 1, 2014
Lot's of sex drugs n consumerism some violence and language but this movie tells ALOT about history!
Teen, 13 years old Written byBlake_Slaughter March 26, 2014

One of my favorites

This is a must watch. Moving, inspirational, sad, and funny...
Teen, 15 years old Written bypablogan4 January 7, 2014

Great film.

This great film is also a positive role model. You´ll enoy this film.
Kid, 11 years old December 9, 2013

Forrest gump

Ok movie there is some violence but not a big problem i think the worst part about this movie is the sexuality there is a shot a bare buttocks, a brief sex scene no nudity though in the scene the bed shakes and makes noises and a women makes forrest touch her boobs he does but you do not see any nudity otherwise the movie is alright
Kid, 12 years old December 5, 2013

Amazing

about #1 on my top 5 best movies list. A truly wonderful movie. Tom Hanks performance is spectacular, everything else in the film is just utterly amazing 6/5 stars
Kid, 12 years old July 19, 2013

Forrest Gump is

Forrest Gump is overall one of my new favorite movies! Tom Hanks is great in this movie. It well deserved the Oscar back when it came out. I saw it the other night with my parents having no intention of watching it and going to watch Full House on Nick@nite but I stayed and watched the movie. It's truly beautiful. Yes there is violence, but there also is a message sent beautifully by the actors the message is to keep your promises and hold on the struggle is part of life fight through it you'll make it. I'm 12 but I'm fairly mature so I'd say 13 years old. I encourage you to watch it I love it I think you would to.
Teen, 15 years old Written byHaileyMarie July 14, 2013

'Forrest Gump' Is A Very Good Movie, Just a Little Questionable For Small Children

Positive Messages: The main lesson to be learned from this movie is not to judge a book by its cover. Forrest Gump is usually first perceived as stupid by most of the people he meets. But he then goes on to do lots of incredible things. Positive Role Models: Lieutenant Dan loses both of his legs in Vietnam and goes through severe depression and becomes an alcoholic. Later in the movie, he goes through a major change in his life. He recovers and learns to swim without any legs and he also gets married. Violence: A fair bit of war violence and gore. Lieutenant Dan's bloody stomach is shown along with his bloody legs. Not too gruesome, but still might be enough to scare small children. There;s a black and white newsreel of George Wallace getting shot. A few punches and slaps throughout the movie. Sex: Not too much. More insinuation than anything. In one of the first scenes, Forrest's mother gets Forrest into school by having sex with the principal. Nothing is shown, but noises can be heard outside the house. There is some kissing on a bed between Forrest and Jenny and it is implied that they have sex, but the scene cuts out before anything happens. At one point in the movie, Jenny plays her guitar in a club. She is naked, but the guitar is covering her, so she isn't shown naked. Jenny brings Forrest into her college dorm, takes off her bra and puts Forrest's hand on it. It is shown from a different angle so that all you can see is her back. Most of the sexual things in the movie aren't too major. Little kids won't know what is happening. Language: I think there is one F word, maybe a couple S and D words, and racial references. Drinking, Drugs, Etc.: Several smoking and (maybe) drug scenes scenes throughout the 70s period in Forrest's life. Lieutenant Dan drinks a lot after his accident. 'Forrest Gump' has lots of good messages and laughs! A must watch for kids over 8 or 9 years old!
Teen, 13 years old Written bymiles12345677A. June 24, 2013

astounding

a wonderful movie
Teen, 14 years old Written byCWG1 June 21, 2013

classic and great message

One of Tom Hank's best. This movie had amazing actors, outstanding plot, and a great script that could make anyone love this film. Parents do however need to know that this movie does contain some sex scenes and references but nothing to explicit is shown. There is language, nothing to horrible except one racist statement. There is some drinking and smoking, but that is everywhere. There is violence not much blood though it is something a mature 9 year old can handle
Kid, 11 years old June 18, 2013

Amazing But Very Explicit Content

Great, but very explicit themes throughout. Parents watch out, maybe have your kids shut their eyes in a few parts. The messages from this movie are very important to learn though.
Kid, 10 years old May 26, 2013

sad violent funny 5 star movie

i saw this when i was 6 and it was great but violence shown when luietenant dan knees and nudity not shown and the f word used dan drinks alot of beer at a point
Teen, 17 years old Written bymoviewannabe April 19, 2013

Mixes laugh-out-loud humor with serious stuff

I remember when some man was talking into a microphone and said a bunch of F-bombs, but most of the uses were censored with Forrest's narration. I also liked it when Forrest Gump went on a show with John Lennon. I remember seeing some scenes from this when I was five.
Kid, 12 years old March 26, 2013

Amazing, but iffy for young kids.

Forrest Gump was a true masterpiece. I would however hold off on it until your kid was twelve because there were some intense moments. First of all there is some war violence with lots of blood that may scare young viewers. There is some sexual stuff as well. Also, there is some pretty bad language for a PG-13 movie. Despite all of this, this movie has tons of heart, you will not be disappointed.