All member reviews for Forrest Gump

Moving and wonderful, but parent preview a good idea.

Teen, 14 years old Written byPoison Ivey October 10, 2009

Entertaining!

I was really impressed by how good this movie was. Everything fit together so nicely. I watched it three times in my life, and I still cry at the ending every time I watch it. There is one violent war scene. Lots of language. And there is some sex but I'd say anyone over 11 can and SHOULD see it. I can't believe I waited so long of seeing it on the shelves before fianlly picking it up! A must see.
Kid, 12 years old October 1, 2009

It didn't win 6 academies for nothing! Forrest Gump is a touching film of a mentally retarted child telling his stories to whoever will listen. Susprisingly good, this movie contains sex scenes, themes children won't understand, and copes with death. However, kids will love it, and there is also a very important lesson to be learnt. A must see!
Teen, 16 years old Written byMr581 July 27, 2009

Kid, 11 years old July 18, 2009

Teen, 16 years old Written bymovieloverman1234 July 16, 2009

This movie is a classic thats for sure. There is language, some drug content, some violence and sensuality but this still ok for teens. go check this one out.
Parent of a 18 year old Written bygilstrapstudios July 8, 2009

Forrest Gump blew my mind away

When I saw this movie, it was one of my top five favorite movies of all time. But the war scene was a little bloody, and the movie had a little bit of sexual situations and strong cuss words, but this is an awesome movie and you should see this! You'll be glad you did!
Kid, 11 years old June 20, 2009

Masterpiece

This is a Great Masterpiece. I like the part with the war and when he runs.
Teen, 13 years old Written byBestPicture1996 June 12, 2009

My favorite movie now!

My name says that I love the movie "Jumanji," (and I do, don't get me wrong) it's just that this movie honestly moved me in every way possible and its cross of realism and fiction was unbelievable, plus the amazing cropping and editing to make it look like Forrest Gump REALLY made a big impact on America. You WILL believe life is a box of chocolates after seeing this movie.
Kid, 10 years old June 7, 2009

WOW! TOM HANKES IS A GREAT ACTOR!

A lot of drinking with Jenny but every time i watched i wanted to watch it again and again! ADORABLE! Forest Gump is also considered "Stupid" P.s. like IQ is 80 or something.
Kid, 11 years old June 6, 2009

I JUST SAW FORREST GUMP AND I'M SPEECHLESS!!!

AMAZING!!! There can be some sexual content so make sure your kid is mature enough. And some parts can be disturbing. But now it's my favorite!
Teen, 17 years old Written byArii May 14, 2009

Great movie, I would say for 14-15 years old though. A little too much sexual stuff in it for kids any younger.
Kid, 11 years old April 30, 2009

Brilliant!

Amazing! best film i have and will ever see! only bad part is where people take cocaine, not for under 10's
Kid, 9 years old March 23, 2009

forrest gump review by critic7

It thought forrest gump was a great and phinominal film that i and you will probaly want to watch over and over again
Teen, 13 years old Written byspidermonkey January 21, 2009

I CRIED AND LAUGHED

This is the best movie ever(as my opinion). it made me cry and laugh most people could handle at one scene there is quite alot of Strong four letter words used. and the vietnam war is pretty bloody this movie is also very sad i recommend it for 12+
Parent of a 1, 8, 9, and 14 year old Written bythejokerspencil January 21, 2009

Cool

A cool movie and sweet. Watch it! Beware of content ages 14 should be able to handle it.
Kid, 9 years old January 9, 2009

LMAO

I once saw it with DAD
Kid, 9 years old November 27, 2008

I cried and laughed!

This film is a great movie about a guy named Forrst Gump,who tells about his exciting life to fellow people. It can be disturbing at some parts but otherwise a good movie.
Teen, 13 years old Written byIan April 9, 2008

A good movie for the 12+ crowd

Parent preview good. Depends on your kids. I personally thought the movie was great and is one of the few semiaccurate descriptions of the drugs at that time, and if you don't think there were that many drugs and that much sex, you're in a bubble. Great movie.
Teen, 14 years old Written bystar April 9, 2008

One of the classic movies that Tom Hanks saved.

A classic. A great but sad movie involves a lot of mature themes. It really should have been rated PG-13 for war violence, language, drug and sexual content and intense mature material. If not for one of the greatest acting preformanses in a movie it would have not been as great. Though it is funny in parts it is very sad and yoyu probally will make you cry. "Run forest, run". Its a must see.
Teen, 13 years old Written byCSM Screen Name... April 9, 2008

moving drama

Forrest Gump is a slow person ("stupid is as stupid does") who gets into all sorts of difficult situations. This movie shows that life can be good and bad, and you never know what you're gonna get. There are some sad deaths in here. They might make you cry. The Vietnam War is war violence, but it sort of shows that war is bad. ( If you really want to see a "war is bad movie", go see "Saving Private Ryan") "Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get"