All member reviews for Four Christmases

Holiday romcom is amiable but centers on family dysfunction.

Kid, 10 years old January 13, 2011

Perfect for Teens but, not for kids

This move was def funny! But, it just had waaaaaaaaaaaaay too much sex in it! It was sweet and sour... :(
Kid, 10 years old January 3, 2009

a no-no for kids like me!!!!!(im 10)

wow.i practiccaly puked! it was the worst and the sexiest movie i have ever watched i the sexiest ill probably ever watch(that means for my entire life!!!)! there was violence,bullying,teasing,un-normal ways,bad teachings for kids,and ughhh,SEX!!!!!! soooooooooooooooooooo bad,like totally bad.
Teen, 13 years old Written byfmnj2020 January 14, 2011

terrible for kids..maybe even bad for adults!

no highlights. really bad movie. i turned the movie off within 1 hour of putting in in. within 15 minutes foul language was used and some adult content was displayed between the male and female leads in the bathroom stall of a bar..not a good movie. i wouldn't recommend this movie for people under 14 - 15 years old really unless they are reallm mature. this movie seems more for adults if you ask me. so do your family a favor and DON'T even speak about this trashy movie. and just to add: i am very disappointed in Reese Witherspoon for doing this movie..seeing that she was in it i thouht to give this movie a try..i don't think that it should be rated PG-13 i think that it should be rated R.
Kid, 10 years old January 11, 2010

love it!

i loved this movie and i really want to see it agian! the acting was great and i thought the story of it was very, very funny!
Teen, 14 years old Written byzackaback October 8, 2009

Teen, 15 years old Written bymoviecritic November 30, 2008

Hilarious Movie...don't take young children

I thought this movie was soooo funny. The whole theater was cracking up the whole time. However, this is NOT a movie for young kids. I would reccomend taking kids 15 and up, however be prepared for some awkward scenes if you do choose to take younger children. Best for mature teens and adults.
Teen, 15 years old Written byJflores14 November 25, 2014

Hilarious comedy about the craziness of family

This movie is down right hilarious! It is filled with so many funny lines I was crying from laughter. Perfect for teen audiences. CONTENT: Violence: a boy punches his uncle in the face. Chaos ensues inside of one of the houses when the cable goes out and destroys the house. sex: the first scene involves a couple engaging in sex in a bathroom stall. Sexual innuendo is abundant and occurs from start to finish. An old woman talks of giving a man oral sex and touching his penis. A guy talks of being the lover of his childhood friend. He mentions the things he poured on her during sex(chocolate and syrup). A pregnancy test is stolen by a little girl. Numerous sexual jokes and crude content. A woman says her nipples are ruined after breastfeeding and tells another to flick them. Language: numerous uses of a**hole, b*tch, sh*t, damn, hell, and crap. drugs: one reference to pot brownies MY RATING: Pg-13: for crude and sexual content, language, and a brief drug reference
Adult Written bywonder dove December 30, 2012

More on the adult side...

This is the kind of movie where you'll either love it or hate it. I didn't love it nor hate it, but my thoughts kind of sit in the middle so I'd rate it a 3.5/5 if I could. I thought it was definitely funny, but it is not suitable humor for kids. I think they should have given this a new title and an R rating. It's about a quirky young couple who don't believe in marriage and they talk bad about their families. They try to sneak away to tropical islands and make it out that they help people in third world countries during Christmas to avoid spending time with their families. One year, weather permits them to get stuck at an airport and are soon discovered on the TV news where their families happen to see them. This causes the couple to unwillingly drive to four different houses (divorced parents on each side) for four hilarious Christmases. The humor and content is far too sexual for young viewers, lots of references to sex, sex jokes, skimpy outfits, an older woman's lover is her own child's best friend at same age, heavy making out and exposed cleavages. Violence is mainly brothers who wrestle very disturbingly with screaming, family bullying in two family scenes including verbal abuse (calling someone fat and making fun of her childhood), a satellite set-up goes wrong and almost tears the house down. Language is frequent and sometimes strong. Not really heartwarming Holiday material...more like an adult comedy. Watch first before letting teens under 15 see it.
Written byAnonymous December 20, 2012

I know it's a Christmas Movie and this has sex in it. NOT SAFE FOR WORK.

I saw this movie in Trudeau. Do you agree that this movie is NOT SAFE FOR WORK. Sexual Content is in this movie. This is not safe to watch in a workplace at all. I can't believed this happened inside Trudeau. I don't give a remix what happens in this movie. This movie is for the same reason for kids to. Not for kids and Not Safe for Work.
Kid, 11 years old November 26, 2012

Teens Only!

This movie is very very iffy. Teens only! You have to know your child very well if they are under 13. Ask yourself this: Is this something that my kid would feel uncomfortable watching or is this something he/she can handle? Is what has been said by other people something that I am willing to expose my children to? I am 11 years old and I think that it was a mite old for me. So I turned it off at the end. Anyway, this movie is ok. The families are very interesting. (Not always in positive ways)
Parent Written byFitz August 20, 2011

perfecto

very funny quirky jokes that some kids may not be getting overall great movie !
Adult Written by4Spice September 16, 2010

ok movie

a romantic movie no action kind of funny 14 and over for sex drugs and language
Teen, 14 years old Written byaTmeam June 27, 2010

Hilarious with negitive messsage!

The movie was hilarious... dont get me wrong, but all the divorce stuff just sends a bad message.
Parent of a 14 and 14 year old Written byfancythat June 3, 2010

What a disappointment

I'm surprised Reese Witherspoon would appear in such a movie. It could have been done so well, but the moviemakers depended on too much of the same old thing . . . sex and vulgarity.
Kid, 12 years old February 27, 2010

Funny!

A funny movie but, not for younger ones.
Parent of a 2, 5, 8, 10, and 12 year old Written bymommysews February 2, 2010

Adult or Older Teen Only audience...

Awful, Awful, awful ... beyond the terrible language and role models ... violence and belittling between Characters ... "outing" Santa repeatedly (so make sure any wee ones are loooong out of ear shot) ... This was just plain a waste of time and left "a bad taste" afterwards. I can't believe that we paid money to rent it. The worst I have seen in a long long time.
Adult Written byBearded Papa December 28, 2009

Your time is valuable. Why bother?

Hate it. Little redeeming value. Im a father with four GROWN children. it glorifies all that is not worthwhile in our society.
Parent of a 3 and 6 year old Written byreesie142001 December 9, 2009

Parent of a 4, 8, and 10 year old Written bybldrgirl April 17, 2009

Parent of a 2, 6, and 7 year old Written byRachael Starke January 5, 2009

We walked out a third of the way through

Went to see this on impulse on date night with just my husband. From the opening scene we knew it was a bad decision. Crude, distressingly dysunctional families, (rather than funny) - I kept wondering about what kind of parents would permit their children to be paid to be in this mess! We finally walked out during the scene with the women all pseudo-spiritually talking about their (crude) intentions for the new year. Honestly, I was mystified over the idea that by the end of this movie the couple supposedly decide they want to get married and have a family. We have told NO ONE we saw this movie because we're just too ashamed.